The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Upcoming test with proc sets fully disabled in Cyro and all I wanna say is one thing:

HankTwo
HankTwo
✭✭✭✭✭
Thank you.
PC EU
Stam DK, Magden, Magplar, Stamcro, Hybrid Sorc, Magblade & Mag DK
  • IxskullzxI
    IxskullzxI
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only thing I want to say, I hope it excludes monster sets.
    #HowDoYouLikeYourDK?
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hoping it's only like targeting procs sets and whatnot. I can work around without Lich, but it's been a key sustain set for me for years.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • J18696
    J18696
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its going to disable everything from seventh legion fury ect to damage style procs like crimson from the sounds of it
    PC NA Server
    @J18696
    Characters
    Pridē - Dragonknight
    Vanıty - Arcanist
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait what! Was thing brought up in the ESO Live today?
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IxskullzxI wrote: »

It will effect them. Anything that has any sort of proc will be turned off. This means only stat sets will work.
    Edited by Vevvev on January 27, 2021 1:28AM
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What all is considered a proc set for the purposes of this test?

Would something like Sanctuary be considered a proc set since technically it's conditional upon being in the (dynamically calculated) radius?

I would imagine that it does qualify and would also suspect that those are among some of the worst-performant sets in all of Cyrodiil.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When the man on the stream explained it he said any sort of proc condition will be disabled. Like for example Burning Spellweave will not work, Spell Strategist will not work, but things like Sanctuary and Julianos will.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Interesting.

So then I would imagine that radius sets like Sanctuary would definitely be included.

ZOS has relied upon procs in their sets so much in recent years that likely something like 2/3 of all existing sets would be impacted.

I'd love to see some of the existing proc sets transitioned into more creative static sets that buff a wider variety of our stats and combat abilities.

Actually, now that I think about it... is something like War Maiden considered to be a proc set since technically it contains logic in determining its 5-piece application? I could see it go either way depending upon how it is implemented in its code.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IxskullzxI wrote: »

There are two ways this can go.
    • Either most monster sets are disabled, only those that only give stats (like Molag Kena and Balorgh) are still available.
    • Or anything that has a proc condition is disabled, which would only leave Slimecraw and Chudan open for use
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • smdalyb14_ESO
    smdalyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting.

So then I would imagine that radius sets like Sanctuary would definitely be included.

ZOS has relied upon procs in their sets so much in recent years that likely something like 2/3 of all existing sets would be impacted.

I'd love to see some of the existing proc sets transitioned into more creative static sets that buff a wider variety of our stats and combat abilities.

Actually, now that I think about it... is something like War Maiden considered to be a proc set since technically it contains logic in determining its 5-piece application? I could see it go either way depending upon how it is implemented in its code.

No - proc indicates a non-constant condition is met that causes an effect to occur. So it's anything that reads "When you do x, y occurs" or similar. That's why Sanctuary and War Maiden will work - they do not occasionally produce an effect, they maintain a constant state.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting.

No - proc indicates a non-constant condition is met that causes an effect to occur. So it's anything that reads "When you do x, y occurs" or similar. That's why Sanctuary and War Maiden will work - they do not occasionally produce an effect, they maintain a constant state.

That's the same thing I would say about seducer, but I am pretty sure they said seducer will count as a proc and not work.
  • Volckodav
    Volckodav
    ✭✭✭
    I can't wait to see that, finally we come back to player skill and more healthy build!
  • JayKwellen
    JayKwellen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    There are two ways this can go.
    • Either most monster sets are disabled, only those that only give stats (like Molag Kena and Balorgh) are still available.
    • Or anything that has a proc condition is disabled, which would only leave Slimecraw and Chudan open for use

I'd imagine a lot of 1 piece/1 piece combos would become much more popular. I currently use Balorgh, if it was disabled by this I'd likely switch to two one pieces with weapon damage.

I also currently use Night Mother's Gaze and Eternal Vigor, both of which are also procs in their own way, so this would require some interesting tweaks to make a new functional build. Or would at least, were I not just another console pleb.
    Xbox NA - JaeKwellen
    AD PvP
    Trying to main a magcro. This is awful.
  • Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But will my skills fire and break free work?
  • Stahlor
    Stahlor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everybody will be bored to death in Cyrodiil spamming even more dizzy and executioner the whole day...
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When/where was this mentioned?
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
  • DT-ARR
    DT-ARR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Athan1 wrote: »
    When/where was this mentioned?

Live stream even yesterday. Also this will only be in cyrodil and on PC version for 1 month as a test.

I'm happy they finally acknowledged the obvious that the influx / prevalence of proc sets is likely to cause a significantly higher degree of strain on the servers than un grouped healing.
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah. They even specify seducer so that tells you it's EVERYTHING that has a condition requirement.
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if it affects enchants or torugs.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting.

But a set like Sanctuary has a radius check to it, which would be considered a proc by the standard they set in the stream. War Maiden might work, but if Seducer is out due to it having a condition of casting a mag skill, I would think War Maiden, having the same condition with even more restriction, would also be out.

I'd expect only sets that provide permanent flat stat increases to be left. Your Julianos' and Hundings and Shackle, Spinders/Spriggans, Mother's Sorrow, etc. And everything else that provides conditional stat bonuses, like Eternal Vigor, Balorgh, Lich, all mythics, most monster sets, etc, to be excluded from PVP.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No sets with any conditional check. Just straight raw stats like Hundings, Alfiq, Hulking, Mother's Sorrow.

• Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    J18696 wrote: »
    Its going to disable everything from seventh legion fury ect to damage style procs like crimson from the sounds of it
    Yep, it will disable every set that "checks" something and asks server for data. So for example arena weapons won't work as those check if certain skill was casted. Wild Hunt ring ? Same thing as it checks if you are in combat or not. So pretty much only stat buffing sets will work. I even suspect that brutality ring wont work - because it "blocks" critical dmg so it probably checks if dmg was critical or not.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on January 27, 2021 2:45PM
  • Volckodav
    Volckodav
    ✭✭✭
    honestly I'm event more hype for this test than for Mahyem!!! finally we get rid, even for a short time, of all this vatsheraan, syvarra and so on caluriion etc.. we will have skills, real player vs player and not player vs proc!

that just perfect, and I am sure it will really help performance, like imagine the server charge when a syvrara proc in middle of a group tagging everyone?? ofc it will really help perf to disable proc set!
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »
    Interesting.

That's the same thing I would say about seducer, but I am pretty sure they said seducer will count as a proc and not work.

I'm not doubting that was said in the stream but what condition does seducer even test? Its just a straight cost reduction to all magicka abilities.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    zvavi wrote: »
    Interesting.

I'm not doubting that was said in the stream but what condition does seducer even test? Its just a straight cost reduction to all magicka abilities.

Every time you cast a skill the set runs a check against that skill to determine if it is a mag skill. Even when you cast a stamina skill the set is running a check.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Assuming that's true, then the sets that are functional under this test is going to be an incredibly small list, very few of which are used commonly.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    Assuming that's true, then the sets that are functional under this test is going to be an incredibly small list, very few of which are used commonly.

It'll still be sets like NMA, Julianos, Hundgins, Spinners/Spriggans, Shacklebreaker. Basically a bunch of nearly meta sets from before the proc meta took off. Many of which are still used in conjunction with proc sets now anyways.
  • AyaDark
    AyaDark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it already work ?
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If they fully remove proc sets from PvP, does that mean potential Procs critting in PvE returned 0_o.
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like 90% of the gear in this game is some sort of proc. This will be dumb.