The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Fewer new systems in 2021

• coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I would be disappointed
    Urvoth wrote: »
    They said the same thing about "focusing on performance" for the past 2 years and not much has improved, so it just feels like an excuse for not adding cool new things at this point.

This. I would be disappointed because nothing would likely change, we'd just have less.
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, I wouldn’t be disappointed
    It needs fixing. I just really hope they're able to.

I would love to hear they are dropping stadia and reverting the changes they made to accommodate it. Nothing has worked anywhere near as well since and it has ruined the gameplay through out, not just cyrodill. I think we may have been praising the performance improvements without the changes made in harrowstorm.

I hope they are fair and the chapter price reflects the content included.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How can you not be disappointed? They reduced the amounts of features brought to the game drastically over the years.

2020 was just a new low as the Chapter didn’t even offer a new class or a new skill line (sorry, the Vampire rework doesn’t count), only Antiquities which are boring and not really a feature at all.

We had years where we got a new class, battlegrounds and something like transmutation - in ONE single year.

Last year we got Antiquities and that’s it. So this year we get... nothing? Or how can they give us even less features?

And you’re fooling yourself if you think that improving performance is something you can market. They said they’re improving performance for several years now and nothing changed besides the amount of features we got (less and less over the years).

Less features does and never did result in better performance, at least not when it comes to ZOS and ESO.

Having two dungeon DLCs per year is worse enough, we really don’t need this cadence of updated when there’s no meat, content or features to it. And especially not with that hefty pricetag. Greymoor was the first Chapter I did not buy because it just wasn’t worth it (and still isn’t).
    Edited by Seraphayel on January 24, 2021 4:14PM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    How can you not be disappointed? They reduced the amounts of features brought to the game drastically over the years.

2020 was just a new low as the Chapter didn’t even offer a new class or a new skill line (sorry, the Vampire rework doesn’t count), only Antiquities which are boring and not really a feature at all.

We had years where we got a new class, battlegrounds and something like transmutation - in ONE single year.

Last year we got Antiquities and that’s it. So this year we get... nothing? Or how can they give us even less features?

And you’re fooling yourself if you think that improving performance is something you can market. They said they’re improving performance for several years now and nothing changed besides the amount of features we got (less and less over the years).

Less features does and never did result in better performance, at least not when it comes to ZOS and ESO.

Having two dungeon DLCs per year is worse enough, we really don’t need this cadence of updated when there’s no meat, content or features to it. And especially not with that hefty pricetag. Greymoor was the first Chapter I did not buy because it just wasn’t worth it (and still isn’t).

Pretty much ALL of this. I have Greymore because a friend gifted it to me for my B-day, but otherwise I wouldn't even have it.

I dunno why everyone thinks less new stuff = better performance. It just means more lazy
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS at GamesCom already stated that 2021 would not have a new system/class/race as stability, performance, and balancing has been the focus. You’ll see a redone CP system this Summer to address the power creep/unbalanced gameplay where only certain builds are really used and there really isn’t as much build diversity as the developers would like.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS at GamesCom already stated that 2021 would not have a new system/class/race as stability, performance, and balancing has been the focus. You’ll see a redone CP system this Summer to address the power creep/unbalanced gameplay where only certain builds are really used and there really isn’t as much build diversity as the developers would like.

There is no build diversity because they force you to choose between Stamina and Magicka. The moment they remove these restrictions, you’ll have build diversity - sure, balance will be a nightmare, but it already is. But opening up the game to have Stamina healers, Magicka melees etc. would give you so many opportunities to really make your own character.

You don’t even have to remove Spell and Weapon damage, you can keep that as a limiting factor, just remove the Magicka / Stamina scaling and you’ll see a lot more diverse builds.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they focus on polishing the content instead of throwing new things together (yes I know there are different teams) then I wouldn't be disappointed. This game in its current form still retains my attention due to the sheer amount of things to do and the dynamic content of Cyrodiil PVP. If they made the current systems work the enjoyment would be worth 2 expansions!
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't buy it so nothing to be disappointed with. I would be happy if they fixed what they have though; and would gladly just throw them some money if they actually do improve things.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we really call that a chapter if there is no new feature
    It would be a dlc

The Sticker Book came out with Markhart, so I don't know why you are making that distinction.
    The Moot Councillor
  • meekmiko
    meekmiko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shoot. I read the answer wrong. That's what I get for answering too quickly...
    It's actually a "No, I wouldn’t be disappointed" from me.
    🌟PC/NA CP2025+ [Been playing since 2016]
    vMA / vVH / vDSA / vBRP / vAA HM / vSO HM / vHRC HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS+1 & +1 / vCR+2 / vSS / vKA/ vRG
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer / Bosmer StamSorc (DPS) -Main DPS-
    • ☀️ 🛡️ EP - Mihi'Mai-Ra, Plague of Peryite / Khajiit StamPlar (Tank) -Main Tank-
    • ☀️ ✨ EP - Lady Lapa'au, The Magnanimous / Khajiit MagPlar (Healer) -Main Healer-
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Ra'venk, Style Master / Khajiit MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ EP - Bird gra-Shuzgub, Forge Breaker / Orc StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ✨ EP - Blades-at-the-Ready, Witch / Argonian MagBlade (Healer)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Lady Fortuna the Blessed, Grand Champion / Imperial StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🔥 🛡️ EP - Plays-in Volcanoes, Mystic / Argonian StamDK (Tank)
    • 💀 ☄️ EP - Ko'shamari the Doomweaver, Dovahkriid / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 🌱 ✨ EP - Sorvete, Countess / Khajiit StamDen (Healer)
    • 🔥 🏹 EP - Falora Veloth, The Merciless / Dunmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 🌩️ 🛡️ AD - Shimmers-with-Static, Spark of Vengeance / Argonian StamSorc (Tank)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Amarri-do the Magnificent, Clan Mother / Khajiit StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Z'majii-dar the Quick, Battlegrounds Butcher / Khajiit StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ EP - Habasi the Glamorous, Seeker of Artifacts / Khajiit StamDK (DPS)
    • ❄️ 🛡️ EP - Elísabet Skull-Smasher, Thane of Falkreath / Nord StamDen (Tank)
    • 🗡️ 🛡️ EP - Yana-la the Iron Lotus, Silver Knight / Khajiit StamBlade (Tank)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Mog gra-Ushug the Scholar, Master Historian / Orc MagCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🔨 EP - Mamaea the Sledgehammer, Alpha Predator / Khajiit StamCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🏹 AD - Elsyiir Lichenhollow, Lady / Bosmer StamCanist (DPS)
    • & I only dabble on the PC/EU server sometimes
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun / Bosmer StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Sings-a-Song-of-Storms / Argonian StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ☄️ DC - Helainie the Shadebringer / Breton MagBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Steals-Many-Hearts / Argonian MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Pashet the Nimble / Khajiit StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🔥 🏹☄️ EP - Furoni the Ember / Dunmer HybridDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Am-Kesh / Argonian MagCanist (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ AD - Eldrinthr the Flame-Heart / Bosmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ AD - Bajaa the Blackened Beast / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 💀 ⚔️ AD - Vashpurri-do the Corrupt / Khajiit StamNecro (DPS)
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If true, good.

• Slyclone
    Slyclone
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will be very happy when they resurface the whole game. I have seen with my own 2 eyes what these guys can do. Hope is not lost. I know it's very possible to keep it at the top.
    That's it, that's all.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I will get over it, but I will be even more disappointed if their plans do not succeed. Best wishes to the teams working on making the game more stable.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other

Yes I will be disappointed if there are no new systems and there are no performance or bug fixes
  • wild_kmacdb16_ESO
    wild_kmacdb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't be coming back to play if there is nothing interesting going to be added and the idea that they dont have the staff to support both options is a bit worrisome.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, yes, of course. I want new systems, and stable performance, and everyone to be safe during the pandemic. You can choose one of these things.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • Snow_White
    Snow_White
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, I’d rather see a rework of current content that increases the number of viable builds/encourages build diversity. It seems like their solution to balance for awhile was to force selections and make everything as generic as possible.

I’d also like it if class skills were generally “BIS” for that class, or at least on par with the weapon/armour/guild skill lines. Ideally, done in a way that preserves individual class flavour while still allowing for diverse skill selection.
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    Can we really call that a chapter if there is no new feature
    It would be a dlc

The Sticker Book came out with Markhart, so I don't know why you are making that distinction.

Because a chapter without a bew system is just a big dlc therefore should be any different than orsinium. So of there is no new system it should be avaiable via eso+
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I personaly prefer having somthing new to do in this game than performance upgrade that i wont be able to feel.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    its possible and its something I kinda thought about that they might have a lot more content then they typically do with zones when it comes to the chapter. Skingrad zone might not be as big as say the other chapter zones of course they will do filler stuff and other settlements. However there is a good chance they could be doing a Deadlands zone as well.
    Which means that zone will be bigger then the Skingrad zone. So we get two zones then they can do a lot of content with that. Especially if they don't do any new system at all. I'm certain there will be at least some antiquities that will require you to have access to the chapter to dig up and other rewards.

Then its possible they might do a new skill line but that would be like a new system. What they can do and it was a poll option they used that they sent out that I understood sometime last year I think. New race was included, we have not had a new race since, Morrowind. They can even do another khajiit furstock if they wanted too. A good new race choice would be the Maormer. The Sea elves would be a logical pick for it. So they can easily sell a new race this time around and make it become the main chapter selling point.

We will have to wait and see. Only a couple of days until the reveal.

PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They gave us some decent quality of life changes during 2020 with the sets collection system and some changes to the crafting system UI, with multi craft and the crafting quests being visible while using the craft station etc....

We got scrying and excavation as well.

We got the Alliance war tokens people had been screaming about for years.

They have already said we are not getting another class this year, at most I am expecting a skill line of some sort from them or the long awaited CP rework they have been promising for the last few years now.

If they are going to focus on performance I can make do with what we have got so far, so long as it is not just an excuse to nerf a load of stuff.
  • GrimTheReaper45
    GrimTheReaper45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id much rather focus on improving what we already have, there is lots of room for optimization, quality of life improvements and reworking old systems that could use updating (crafting, stealing).

Plus I could go the rest of my life without seeing another class added to this game and would be fine. At some point 1h and spell would be a nice new weapon skill line but I am ok with waiting for that at refining what we have to make it a better experience.
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    coop500 wrote: »
    Seraphayel wrote: »

Pretty much ALL of this. I have Greymore because a friend gifted it to me for my B-day, but otherwise I wouldn't even have it.

I dunno why everyone thinks less new stuff = better performance. It just means more lazy

Sad truth is less features... watch them launch a severlt severely scaled back boring dlc, fix a few bugs then 2022 rolls around back full steam ruining a barren year of mediocre performance. Like hey guys we gave ya 1 dlc of performance hows that? Then back to radio silence for another year..
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm disappointed by this Poll.
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • MKintr
    MKintr
    ✭✭✭
    Less new stuff only for a lower price.
    As long as it's full price, no.
    That game is bugged anyways.