The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

Constructive thoughts for next patch.

Barbaran
Barbaran
✭✭✭✭
As a 5 yr vet , I hope you have big plans for next patch. And for the first time ever.. I hope they are LARGE AND SWEEPING changes.

For the first time, despite all the different states of this game, I finally cancelled my ESO+.

I love this game, honestly and truthfully. I played everyday basically for 5 years. These past 3 months I've rarely logged in.

Lots of aspects of this game are unmatched, but they don't outweigh the huge problems at the moment.
I'm a big pvp player, mostly small scale just for fights. Not because I think I'm amazing, ok.
However you've provide the sets, skills and classes, to create... Literally un killable people.
These people can kill ONLY unskilled players with bad builds solo, but against decent players do nothing.
I stand in place and hit a vigor from time to time while they go full offensive... I have 15k resistances buffed... I digress.

The lag... Unbearable.. is is actually zero justification for it at this point.
It's not on my end, despite what customer service says.
If I press a button it should work.. when it's SUPER crazy on the map I can understand a split second delay, but against a bear, standing beside a cave in the middle of nowhere in the off campaign?! Seriously??
Or worse..
I press the button once, twice, three...four....five times... And the game doesn't even register I've pressed anything.
Again, in a crazy fight a missed button press due to global cool down lag, alright.. but... It's not only in crazy fight.... I can't bar swap while fighting a bear....

The problem, with builds anyway... Is that you keep catering to the casuals.
I don't mean that in a negative light, I mean people who play and want to pickup the game for an hour or two every few days but still have fun, I get that.
But, you over did it...

You make it easy for people with little game time to compete, a few things happen.

1) very skilled players see very obvious ways to exploit these loop holes meant for new players, and become these builds that are killing your game.

2) there's casual players completely stop playing ESO after 3-6 months anyway, and MORE .new players replace them.
Now these new players say the game is too hard and you make it even easier..

C'mon guys, any business owner knows at some point YOU have to tell your customers what's best.
If you built houses, you would let your customer tell you how they want it to look, but you wouldn't let them tell you how to actually build and engineer it so it doesn't fall down.

You have let your community build the unstable walls on your once solid foundation... Everything is caving in... DO SOMETHING!!
Edited by Barbaran on January 17, 2021 2:57PM
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snipe, wwolves, 5p proc sets, health based heals nerfed, server upgrades.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fawn4287 wrote: »

Pretty much this.

The meta needs to be touched, as does the white Werewolf morph, proc set damage and then we have set a good tone for this year. Then the chapter will hopefully fix this mess entirely. But as it is right now with the meta, it can not stay for another half year.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    given how fast pace a lot of the combat etc.. is in this game, the movement lag or general clunkyness that sometimes comes with using abilities is really killer.

When I come back after a break, it takes a good long while for my brain to rewire itself to the buggy horses or example, the different delays in how long it takes to get a horse, the times when the button doesnt work, the same issues with rapid manuver.

As far as balance, it has certainly gotten a lot worse since the launch of unlimited, but its not like it suddenly dropped off a cliff edge - its been a slow creep and its not much worse than it was a year ago. The problem - I would argue - is one of principled gameplay design. ESO is all about player freedom, but in sometimes that freedom needs to be drawn in. People are having fun being able to dish out damage and then as soon as they get attacked switch to s/b on the backbar and become unkilable? Tough. Might be fun for them, but its not healthy gameplay for everyone else.

My advice has and always will be play the way you would like everyone else to play. Punish the meta where you can. But communities always gravitate towards the flavour of the month - no way to change that, but atleast that flavour can be made more fun to play against.
    Dracane wrote: »
    Then the chapter will hopefully fix this mess entirely. But as it is right now with the meta, it can not stay for another half year.

It wont. But it will probably change the meta, which atleast keeps the game somewhat fresh. *** metas have always existed, but a good player can usually work around it with an offmeta build (in my experience, in BGs)
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • RedMuse
    RedMuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with large sweeping changes is that yhey inevitably introduces a lot of bugs which takes a long time to iron out.
  • VampiricByNature
    VampiricByNature
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really just want multiple dps classes to be desirable in endgame pve content.
  • SgtNuttzmeg
    SgtNuttzmeg
    ✭✭✭✭

Five piece proc sets? Try two piece thank you very much. If you can't run crimson, malacath and at least two other proc sets are you even playing the game at this point?
    Legions of Mordor Core

Cold0neFTBs