The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Hel Ra Citadel Achievement broken?

TochTom
TochTom
✭✭✭
Hi,

I'm an achievement hunter with currently 44 335 achievement points on my main character, a magsorc called Salty Sorcerer.
8bu9a1wukrud.png
But there is one achievement that I've done a lot of times that has never been rewarded to me. I'm talking about the achievement for blowing the War Horn located near the 2 chests on the final trash pack before the last boss. I've been trying to get this one since the Harrowstorm patch, which is close to a year ago and the achievement is still bugged and I hear this from multiple people who are experiencing the same issue. ut6uagdd3erp.png

Atleast once or twice a week I go and do vHRC with a pug and we always blow the horn, never has anyone in my party received the achievement, including myself. This achievement is a thorn in my eye because I really want to get 100% achievement completion on this game, but it is made impossible due to a bug.

And I know this year has been a hectic one, with the sudden switch to working at home, but please could you include a fix for this in the new update. Because if you won't fix this bug it will be a year since I first brought it to your attention via the in-game report feature and we absolutely do not want to repeat the "Sanctum Ophidia: Feeding Pit" fiasco where that achievement was bugged for 2 years, if it's not longer.
PC-EU | CP 2200+ | 52 590 Achievement Points | Salty Sorcerer | Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka) | AD | Former Empress, AW Rank 50 | Flawless Conqueror (602,803 Score | U22), Immortal Redeemer (114,473 Score | U24), Dro-m'Athra Destroyer U25, Gryphon Heart (130,902 Score | U25), Tick-Tock Tormentor (220,587 Score | U25), Godslayer (251,386 Score | U26), Kyne's Wrath (238,405 Score | U27), Unchained (106,377 Score | U27), Spirit Slayer (301,402 Score | U28)
  • TheTuSiK
    TheTuSiK
    ✭✭✭
    I was wondering why I didn't get it and now I know why.
    Having every difficult (or time consuming) achievement in the game but not a roleplay one, from the oldest trial in the game, worth 5 points must be a terrible feeling. There was a bug with the witch world boss in Markarth but it was doable by reseting the boss. There was a bug with the ice atronach boss in Frostvault where after wiping/reseting the atro was stuck under ground and that prevented from getting Cold Potato achievement but it was doable by just getting it in the 1st try. I assume that since you go vHRC at least once or twice a week there is no way to make it work.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I'm getting closer to also having every achievement in the game (on one character) but I'm also missing War Horn. It can't be that difficult to fix. Please save us.
  • PushtheDeeps
    I did it when I started playing almost 2 years ago, by almost getting kicked from a pug group for using it. I guess I did the right choice, since now I wouldn't be able to obtain it...

I feel for you. I hope this gets addressed as soon as possible.
    Fix this ZOS!!
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Hey there @TochTom thank you for providing this report.

We wanted to let you know that we are aware of this issue and investigating a fix.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • TochTom
    TochTom
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Adrikoth

Hey, thanks for communicating and sharing the knowledge with us that you also know something is wrong in there. Is there already some sort of ETA or is that yet unknown?

Thanks in advance!
    PC-EU | CP 2200+ | 52 590 Achievement Points | Salty Sorcerer | Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka) | AD | Former Empress, AW Rank 50 | Flawless Conqueror (602,803 Score | U22), Immortal Redeemer (114,473 Score | U24), Dro-m'Athra Destroyer U25, Gryphon Heart (130,902 Score | U25), Tick-Tock Tormentor (220,587 Score | U25), Godslayer (251,386 Score | U26), Kyne's Wrath (238,405 Score | U27), Unchained (106,377 Score | U27), Spirit Slayer (301,402 Score | U28)
  • TochTom
    TochTom
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Adrikoth @ZOS_GinaBruno

Nice PTS Patch Notes, but I still see that there is no mention of the War Horn Achievements in Hel Ra Citadel. Will a fix be included in U29 or do I have to wait yet another full update cycle to finally be able to reach 100% achievement points?

Thanks in advance.
  • twisterior
    I am also waiting since an eternity for this achievement to be available again :disappointed: . Guess it is time to weekly spam reports :no_mouth:
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They've probably been aware and investigating for about 12 months now... that was the last time I saw this reported - and as far as I can recall, it's not worked for much longer than that too.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This seems like a very odd achievement to be bugged for so long. Shouldn't it just do a check to see if X was done, then award the achievement? I get that bugs happen, but for something so seemingly simple to be bugged for so long feels very weird.
  • TochTom
    TochTom
    ✭✭✭
    twisterior wrote: »
    I am also waiting since an eternity for this achievement to be available again :disappointed: . Guess it is time to weekly spam reports :no_mouth:

Yes, I've been trying to do a run a week, blow the horn and submit a report afterwards. Still nothing has happened.
    Rittings wrote: »
    They've probably been aware and investigating for about 12 months now... that was the last time I saw this reported - and as far as I can recall, it's not worked for much longer than that too.

That sounds about right, I've had issues with it for like 10 months now, so I'd say that Harrowstorm patch, which released around a year ago, might have been the culprit.
    This seems like a very odd achievement to be bugged for so long. Shouldn't it just do a check to see if X was done, then award the achievement? I get that bugs happen, but for something so seemingly simple to be bugged for so long feels very weird.

It is indeed a very odd achievement to bug out, but so far it has been bugged for not only me, but also others in my group. Since the achievement requires the person to blow the horn I also asked others in my tests if they could do it, but they couldn't either. So unless all of our characters (12 characters from 12 different players) are bugged and can't get it while meeting the requirements I'm sticking with that the achievement is bugged.
  • TochTom
    TochTom
    ✭✭✭
    Hey @ZOS_Adrikoth & @ZOS_GinaBruno ,

Here I am again, the guy that keeps asking when the War Horn will be fixed. I am currently 5 points away from reaching the maximum amount reachable in the game and the only thing in my way is this achievement. Is there not some way for you guys to make it so I can earn it again, by either patching what is wrong or being able to grant me the achievement? I can prove you with various videos that I have blown the horn and defeated the warriors that follow after it. It's such a small thing, but would mean the world to me.

Thanks in advance,

A desperate achievement hunter on the verge of giving up.

XpCE2fl.png
  • twisterior
    Any updates on this topic yet? Yeah, I know the Wrothgar Relic Hunter has higher priority and is still bugged - but are there some news on this topic?
  • TochTom
    TochTom
    ✭✭✭
    @twisterior Unfortunately there has been no update yet, I however have send Adrikoth a direct message after which I got a reply that the team is still investigating a fix and working out where the issue is. All we can do is sit back and hope it will get fixed.
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Omg same, I've blown the horn many times and never gotten the dang achievement
  • TochTom
    TochTom
    ✭✭✭
    Omg same, I've blown the horn many times and never gotten the dang achievement

Welcome to the club! On a side note, this achievement has been broken since U25, as you can see by my signature. Reason why I believe and think it is broken since then is because there has been no entry from 24th of February 2020 or later on ESO-Armory, a site where people can track their achievements.https://eso-armory.com/achievements/870/hel-ra-citadel-the-war-horn

As you can see via the link I gave the last time (most recent completion date) it has been uploaded to the ESO-Armory database is the 19th of February 2020, 5 days before the Harrowstorm (Update 25) patch.
    Edited by TochTom on March 23, 2021 9:44PM
  • TochTom
    TochTom
    ✭✭✭
    Tjy5vzn.png

Also here is my character again, missing 105 achievement points. 100 points from unreleases motifs and 5 points from this dang Horn achievement. Please fix it.
    Edited by TochTom on March 25, 2021 2:29PM
  • MorganaBlue
    MorganaBlue
    ✭✭✭
    Hey there thank you for providing this report.

We wanted to let you know that we are aware of this issue and investigating a fix.

uhm...this bug has existed for well over a year, I'm pretty sure it's been reported many times.

I got the achievement two years ago so doesn't affect me, but thanks for finally fixing on behalf of the many players I raided with who blew their lungs out on that horn and always came away disappointed.

Edited to remove username tag
    Edited by MorganaBlue on March 24, 2021 12:12PM
  • MagiiC_One
    MagiiC_One
    ✭✭✭
    waiting for my achievement fix since june 2020. i still hope they will fix it right after corona ends
  • TochTom
    TochTom
    ✭✭✭
    MagiiC_One wrote: »
    waiting for my achievement fix since june 2020. i still hope they will fix it right after corona ends

Yes I've seen your thread aswell @MagiiC_One. It's so stupid how these bugs are just going around at any given time. It's the same stuff as people getting locked out of their Dro-m'Athra Destroyer or even their Sunspire Dragonbreak achievement, missing the title and in the Sunspire part even the mount. I don't know if they are just trying to get some intern to fix it or are just waiting and waiting and waiting until players eventually drop the issue.

Either way, I hope all issues like this get fixed before or with the next update (Chapter, U30) because otherwise it's just a joke.
  • TochTom
    TochTom
    ✭✭✭
    Bumping this thread to revive it from the depths of the bug reports and to bring it under the attention of the developers again.
  • Avoranti
    Avoranti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am on PS4 NA and this is bugged.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really dont understand why such a simple achievement is broken, if a player activates the horn and all enemies are defeated you should meet all requirements. Its not like there is an elaborate string of events that needs to happen in order to meet the requirements for the achievement.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • TochTom
    TochTom
    ✭✭✭
    I really dont understand why such a simple achievement is broken, if a player activates the horn and all enemies are defeated you should meet all requirements. Its not like there is an elaborate string of events that needs to happen in order to meet the requirements for the achievement.

I suppose it gets put on a list that will get worked down when they don't have anything else to do (or to test the capabilities of a new intern maybe)
  • UtopianWarrior88
    UtopianWarrior88
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS: Let's introduce features we've not heard anybody ask about like companions!

also ZOS: Let's ignore a relatively simple trigger marker that adds achievement points.

*slow claps*

• Radka
    Radka
    ✭✭✭
    You know, the Hel Ra war horn achievement has been bugged for years. I have it on my main from the times long passed when it could be finished in normal HRC but havent been able to completed it on my alts in vet. I just kinda gave up on it...
  • TochTom
    TochTom
    ✭✭✭
    Radka wrote: »
    You know, the Hel Ra war horn achievement has been bugged for years. I have it on my main from the times long passed when it could be finished in normal HRC but havent been able to completed it on my alts in vet. I just kinda gave up on it...

Yea, if you click the link in the signature of my profile you can see a link towards a page where you can track achievements. The last time it was earned by a player was on the 19th of February 2020, exactly 14 months ago. There is still no fix and it still feels like the developers don't care enough to check this small thing.

So here I am again @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Adrikoth asking you once again, will a fix for this finally be added with the coming patch? Will I finally be able to also join the 100% club or will I stay those 5 points behind all the others?
  • TochTom
    TochTom
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Adrikoth I saw that the patch notes just got released and I see that multiple achievements have been fixed or have been played with, but unfortunately there is still no fix in sight for this one. Can we please get an update on this? It's starting to look like a joke now.
  • twisterior
    Still no fix, even with U30 :( - keeping this thread alive
  • allhailskippy
    allhailskippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TochTom wrote: »
    @ZOS_Adrikoth I saw that the patch notes just got released and I see that multiple achievements have been fixed or have been played with, but unfortunately there is still no fix in sight for this one. Can we please get an update on this? It's starting to look like a joke now.

Whole game is starting to feel that way. Hope this gets fixed for you.
    Hireling Wanted! - An Elder Scrolls Tale https://hirelingwanted.com
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Huh, was wondering why I didn’t get the achievement for that🙃
  • Ishtarknows
    Ishtarknows
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any update on this? Will this be fixed with Blackwood please?

@ZOS_BillE @ZOS_GinaBruno