Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 21
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

SKYRIM:- "THE" Music; What's YOUR first memory impression that comes to mind?

• Myrnhiel
    Myrnhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the soundtrack to Skyrim officially available??????????

It was - I don't know if it officially still is now, but I bought the CDs back then.

skyrimsoundtracke6j9p.png

I ordered it at "Direct Song", the label that produced it. I don't know if it still exists.
    If not, I wouldn't be too surprised about it. I ordered the soundtrack there twice - one for me and one a as a gift for a friend.
    The first time everything went well - the shipping time was quite long, but as I don't live in the US that was ok for me.
    The second time I paid but never received the CDs. I contacted customer service and first they gave me a lot of excuses. But still no CDs. Then I was told that my money would be refunded - but I never got my money back. Of what I read this wasn't an isolated case.
    Edited by Myrnhiel on January 12, 2021 9:47AM
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope Bethesda will get over their beef with Jeremy and he'll join for another scrolls game at least, it's not tes without his composing.

Anyway main reason with eso versus tes soundtrack is zeni not understanding what makes it special and fitting. It's minimalistic and almost sacred feel versus a big movie score to make it feel grander than it is which isn't fitting for most situations and still they're trying to do expensive cinematics aka "eso movies" to hype up chapters, ingame final encounters are more like marvel endings now just for the sake of it which is adding to the whole picture.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope Bethesda will get over their beef with Jeremy and he'll join for another scrolls game at least, it's not tes without his composing.

Is it known what actually happened?
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »

If I recall correctly around 5 or so years ago he posted about Bethesda helding a "concert" with live Skyrim soundtrack mentioning Soule in a title, but failed to even notify him, let alone ask him for an actual musical pieces transcribe and done it "by ear" so to say which was a bad move in his eyes, after that one there were no real communication and also all later tes related soundtracks were written without his involvement which he suspected to be an indication that he'll not be involved probably anymore, not sure if anything changed since.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If I recall correctly around 5 or so years ago he posted about Bethesda helding a "concert" with live Skyrim soundtrack mentioning Soule in a title, but failed to even notify him, let alone ask him for an actual musical pieces transcribe and done it "by ear" so to say which was a bad move in his eyes, after that one there were no real communication and also all later tes related soundtracks were written without his involvement which he suspected to be an indication that he'll not be involved probably anymore, not sure if anything changed since.

Well that sucks :disappointed:
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Vanya
    Vanya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flirting with Olfina Gray Mane ,slaying Dragon ,walking in some nature does fitting in start, i know that each soundtrack is associated with some region,combat,ruin,etc
  • Princess_Kassiopeia
    Princess_Kassiopeia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Myrnhiel wrote: »
    Is the soundtrack to Skyrim officially available??????????

It was - I don't know if it officially still is now, but I bought the CDs back then.

I ordered it at "Direct Song", the label that produced it. I don't know if it still exists.

Thankyou for this...... I looked on Direct Song.... the same set you purchased is still there for sale.... but for about £250:00ukp

They are all (each track) purchaseable individually by or from Jeremy Soule presumably so that you can compile your own CD of SKyrim BUT ALSO you can buy the ambience / Skyrim Atmospheres too.

For me , I would choose the ones that appeal and then mix them against the Atmospheres/Ambience and keep those. I dont know if thats legal or illegal but playing two tracks at once cannot be a crime. :wink:

"All young girls think they are Princesses. Life teaches that we have to also be warriors."
    Menelaus, king of Sparta and his wife, Helen of Troy.
  • Princess_Kassiopeia
    Princess_Kassiopeia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Path wrote: »
    ...//... Adore ESO as well but woah...I lived from Morrowind to Skyrim.

Im annoyed with myself because when ESO came out I ignored it because I presumed (incorrectly) that it would be like Quake arena and suchlike.

... Most times in my life Ive walked about with one foot in my mouth and shot myself in the other. (Blend of two English sayings for those cofused.) Defined means "I can be an Ass!" :D
    "All young girls think they are Princesses. Life teaches that we have to also be warriors."
    Menelaus, king of Sparta and his wife, Helen of Troy.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here, it brings back memories of the first time I ventured out north of Riverhold and saw the landscape on the left stretching into the distance, the game even had flowers and such that you could pick along with tall grass waving. It all looked so darn detailed and then you add the music it was a perfect MMO. It's what got me hooked and I've thought about playing through it again just to experience that.
  • kaushad
    kaushad
    ✭✭✭✭
    I prefer almost all of ESO's music for Skyrim, but it is less bland than the OST for TESIV and III (TESI and II had some character). Even the music played in Eastern Skyrim has the Northpoint Nocturne by Rik Schaffer. The exception is the Forgotten Vale OST, which actually sounds like a lament for the ancient Falmer to me.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I realize that this thread is 2 years old, but the music currently reminds me that I have to drop off a quest. :smile:

(Skyrim SE/LE/letter-salad is my current Elder Scrolls game...)
    Edited by Elsonso on December 8, 2022 3:44PM
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I aurally have an TES Playlist set up in Spotify in chronological order across all games. Oblivion to High Isle. Run time is 18.5 hours. It's what I most listen to while working. Also play it on my drives when I'm driving to a trail head for a multi day solo backpacking trip. Truly sets the adventure mood! My favorite song of then all is actually the Morrowind main theme, however that album was taken off Spotify! But if the Skyrim soundtrack, Kyne's Peace wins.
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • Malthorne
    Malthorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Skyrim soundtrack is S-tier. Just thinking about it makes me want to go back and replay Skyrim.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My favourites from that soundtrack are Solitude and Journeys End. The latter is more subtle, but has some nice progressions in it. It brings back memories of me walking through the Skyrim wilderness for the very first time, amazed at the scenery and a bit wary of the wildlife e.g. the frostbite spiders.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Supreme_Atromancer
    Supreme_Atromancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice share, OP!

My all time favourite is Secunda. Still gives me shivers. I also absolutely love some of the Draugr Cave music... so atmospheric and haunting.

There's a couple of tracks I also love from Oblivion, though I don't know the names off the top of my head.

I went back to play Daggerfall a couple of years ago because I'm an TES fanatic. Even that game has some music that will stick with you. I particularly like Fireplace and one of the moody Snowy Day themes. If you haven't played them though, and don't have that nostalgia, they probably just have no meaning and sound like noise.

From ESO I love the Elsweyr music, especially the "intro"(?) that starts when you first enter the zone. Blackwood's also grew on me, and I agree with whoever said Markarth music- I love the contrast between it and the High Isle music, I think that was cleverly done.

There's also one or two of the basegame tracks that really hit big nostalgia chords, but that might be because I've been playing since 2014.
  • Call_of_Red_Mountain
    Call_of_Red_Mountain
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »

Well that sucks :disappointed:

[snip]

[snip]
    And I can't imagine next TES game without his music.

[edited for off-topic comment & remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 9, 2022 5:39PM
  • Flameweaver1951
    Flameweaver1951
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, I'm going out on a limb here, at the risk of getting persecuted, but I hate music in any game. For me it totally destroys the ambiance of the game.

First thing I do when I've installed a new game, is to head the sound settings and turn the music volume down to zero.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, I'm going out on a limb here, at the risk of getting persecuted, but I hate music in any game. For me it totally destroys the ambiance of the game.

First thing I do when I've installed a new game, is to head the sound settings and turn the music volume down to zero.

I don't mind music; I turn the dialog down to zero - no use at all for voice acting.

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

We have closed this topic as it was originally created in January 2021. In many cases, it's better to create a new thread on a topic that you want to discuss as opposed to bumping one that is rather old.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.