Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 21
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

SKYRIM:- "THE" Music; What's YOUR first memory impression that comes to mind?

Princess_Kassiopeia
Princess_Kassiopeia
✭✭✭✭
CURRENTLY..... WHAT DOES THIS EMMEDIATELY BRING TO MIND FOR YOU WHEN YOU HEAR IT?

https://youtu.be/nRe3xFeyhVY
https://youtu.be/nRe3xFeyhVY

I heard this again today; found this again on youtube.... It's currently, to my oppinion, the most emotionally inspiring musical suite of compositions I have yet heard in this decade and before.
This has probbably been asked so many times beforee but...If you played Skyrim.... then this should powerfully trigger something on your heart.

For me! Incredibly Beautiful Woodland Horseback rides with my funny little Elfin follower.
Incredibly beautiful landscapes, autumnal horseback walks and rustic villages that always left me inspired and wishing I could live in so many of them. <3
Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 9, 2022 5:40PM
"All young girls think they are Princesses. Life teaches that we have to also be warriors."
Menelaus, king of Sparta and his wife, Helen of Troy.
  • Ashryn
    Ashryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It always stirs in me the emotions of: joy in exploring a beautiful landscape with the thrill of knowing that dangers could lurk anywhere. Some of the other music in Skyrim brings to mind the peace I felt watching the beautiful auroras during the snow-filled nights.
  • Ashryn
    Ashryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BTW...I still play the music from Skyrim almost everyday!
  • Princess_Kassiopeia
    Princess_Kassiopeia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ashryn wrote: »
    BTW...I still play the music from Skyrim almost everyday!

Me too. :p
    There's a suite of about 4, with ambient sounds as well, and I play them on journeys from Scotland to England and incredibly the miles slip away......
    "All young girls think they are Princesses. Life teaches that we have to also be warriors."
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    if you're including the decade before Skyrim then Oblivion's music is much more amazing imo. All's Well cannot be beat by any track in that compilation
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather
    Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian ghostminder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher

BLACK HAIR FOR ALTMER PLEASE (hair color cosmetic pack)
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love Skyrim's soundtrack, which I only got a couple of months ago. Favourite is Unbroken Road. If Oblivion's was better, I don't remember it.
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It almost makes me cry, I am recently often listening to this music as well as to the Elder Scrolls IV soundtrack. The latter is hitting me even deeper.
  • BisDasBlutGefriert
    BisDasBlutGefriert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly? Okay, here it goes...

When I bought skyrim and played it heavily, I was going through divorce and quitting alcohol at the same time. Going through divorce is hard enough, plus quitting a nasty drinking habit that I picked up after getting home from my second deployment in the Marines, was a double killer. Pumped in over a thousand hours into Skyrim during that time.

So when I hear that music again, it brings back alot of memories from that period in my life. Both good and bad. In-game and real life. All very emotionally moving in one way or another.

That soundtrack is a very beautiful piece of art that one day I'd love to own, if I can bring myself to ever buy it.

Sorry if TMI.
    ~There’s a positive in every negative. Sometimes the positive is harder to find than other times, but there is ALWAYS one there~
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get tears in my eyes, with both Skyrim's music and Oblivion's. I have had so much fun for so many many years with TES.
  • Technica
    Technica
    ✭✭✭
    I learned how to play From Past to Present on the piano. I absolutely love playing that tune. It's such a joy...

With a lot of Skyrim's music I can sit back, eyes closed, and hum to it with such a strong nostalgic/calming feeling..

Streets of Whiterun brings back so many memories and makes me teary eyed
    You will know me by my eye. | Adventuring since beta | PC EU | ESO+ | I recommend this reshade (Example Screenshots)
  • Princess_Kassiopeia
    Princess_Kassiopeia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I play it loud... I mean LOUD... with a good helping of bass and it's really moving.

If you hear this loud, and it brings goosebumps, you've got the kind of heart that Skyrim needs to be played by.
    I dont know why it's SO moving but its definitely nostalgic.... the incredible thing for those of us that it is, is that we can perfectly relive those memories by firing up Skyrim and walking all those tracks and mountains identically again.
    Not all memories that affect such large parts of our hearts and lives have this luxury.

And to BDBG.... Distraction cures many life ailments. Skyrim was probably one of the most powerful remedies for you at that time. The one thing that is as sure as life, you will be the stronger person for it all. It's a dark chasm we have to walk at some time in life until we're ready to climb up into the daylight again. I've been there, but that was because I became a very young Widow.

I also wish life was like Skyrim in many ways. That at every turn you made it was a picture postcard that actually existed that you could catch a coach to and stay there.
  • BisDasBlutGefriert
    BisDasBlutGefriert
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And to BDBG.... Distraction cures many life ailments. Skyrim was probably one of the most powerful remedies for you at that time. The one thing that is as sure as life, you will be the stronger person for it all. It's a dark chasm we have to walk at some time in life until we're ready to climb up into the daylight again. I've been there, but that was because I became a very young Widow.

@Princess_Kassiopeia Thank you for the heart warming smile! Truly and sincerely.
    ~There’s a positive in every negative. Sometimes the positive is harder to find than other times, but there is ALWAYS one there~
  • boony
    boony
    ✭✭
    It reminds me of 'Lord of the Rings' :)
    I really like the music, but they seem to always do well with the audio
  • Myrnhiel
    Myrnhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me the Skyrim soundtrack is one of the most beautiful game soundtracks ever created.

I still listen to it regularly - and while listening to it, the music reminds me of the wonderful time I had playing this game: I absolutely loved wandering through the beautiful landscape, discovering new and beautiful places, roaming through dark and mysterious dungeons and ruins.

The track I love most above all others is "Kyne's Peace" - this is such a beautiful and powerful melody. Usually it plays during nighttime - everytime it starts in the game I'd stop doing whatever I am doing, just standing still, looking around and taking in the atmosphere this song creates. This melody and the northern lights at the night sky - those are the strongest moments I've ever had in a game.
    If I ever see aurora borealis in real life, this is definitely the melody I will listen to. :)
    Edited by Myrnhiel on January 11, 2021 8:35AM
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for this, I had forgotten how beautiful the Skyrim music is.
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I listen to that soundtrack when I need to eliminate distractions at work and focus to get a project done. It's surprisingly effective.

On the topic of TES music, I love how the motif changes based on the race/land area. But more so, the music (in the TES single player games, at least) reflects how that race see themseves. For instance, non-Nord races view Nords as brutish, uneducated barbarians who can barely string two coherent sentences together. Yet, Skyrim music is big, honorable, and victorious, which is precisely how the Nords view themselves. Same goes for the race and music for Imperials in TES IV, the Dunmer of TES III, etc. It's not quite the same in ESO, but it's getting closer to that idea (at least to my ears) with each new chapter.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CURRENTLY..... WHAT DOES THIS EMMEDIATELY BRING TO MIND FOR YOU WHEN YOU HEAR IT?

First memory: Always falling asleep from the tavern music :D When my partner was playing and I was reading or doing something else. Couldn't help it, 2 minutes of tavern music and I was deeply asleep. It's still the most soothing music I know.

Second memory: Just wandering around, admiring the snowy mountainscape.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think i'm going to play skyrim again, it's been too long.

Someone said they were quitting drinking while playing skyrim. For me it was the opposite. Daaamn those npcs always asking me for drinks. I learned how to drink beer while gaming with skyrim :D
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pauwer wrote: »
    I think i'm going to play skyrim again, it's been too long.

Me too. Time to start it up again. Thanks @Princess_Kassiopeia!

• Tharonil
    Tharonil
    ✭✭✭
    I love the elder scrolls music. Every single track is awesome. So it hurts me even more to say that I don't like the greymoor music. The login music is awful and only because of the music I'm not often in western skyrim. Apart from this the Elsweyr music is my favorite. The songs near the crafting stations are wonderful to take a break and slow down.
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tharonil wrote: »
    I love the elder scrolls music. Every single track is awesome. So it hurts me even more to say that I don't like the greymoor music. The login music is awful and only because of the music I'm not often in western skyrim. Apart from this the Elsweyr music is my favorite. The songs near the crafting stations are wonderful to take a break and slow down.

That is so true! I hope the next login music (it disturbes me the entire year) will be more similar to those we had before.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sick and tired of Skyrim so the music doesn't do much positive things.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I too am not a fan of the Greymoor music, though I do like what's in The Reach.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Often have the super long ambient track playing in Spotify while I'm out farming and exploring. It really enhances the mood! Makes me miss Shadowmere, though. Favorite track is "Unbroken Road."
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • Princess_Kassiopeia
    Princess_Kassiopeia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lugaldu wrote: »

That is so true! I hope the next login music (it disturbes me the entire year) will be more similar to those we had before.

I admit I have to agree. Something about the composer of the Skyrim music v. eso............... Skyrim wins because it holds almost fairytale ambience; almost childlike melodies hidden underneath. The current eso bg audio I do find a bit stuffy. As if it's almost scared to sound mythical.

Did they change the composer for ESO online v. offline? Because I utterly cannot compare the two as having come from the same person.
  • Princess_Kassiopeia
    Princess_Kassiopeia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »

...//... Second memory: Just wandering around, admiring the snowy mountainscape.

:smiley: Yes! Yes! Me also. Even now I literally stop somewhere and look around at the landscape because someone planted those flowers, placed those trees, chose their type, selected the grasses, organised the rocks....... the path cobbles, the water type, the waterfall speed and path gravity........ the sunshine, the godrays....... and if you have a big monitor the effect is very like the burst of colour from a postcard through the mailbox. Lovely on the eyes AND ears.... and it makes you feel good. :)

But I do play Skyrim music in the background now and again. It has the most charming melodies and romantic undertones I dont find in ESO and Im a bit squooshy like that. :blush:

• Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Same, the songs in Western Skyrim kinda push me away from it. Otherwise I'd spend far more time there as I've always loved Solitude.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lugaldu wrote: »

I admit I have to agree. Something about the composer of the Skyrim music v. eso............... Skyrim wins because it holds almost fairytale ambience; almost childlike melodies hidden underneath. The current eso bg audio I do find a bit stuffy. As if it's almost scared to sound mythical.

Did they change the composer for ESO online v. offline? Because I utterly cannot compare the two as having come from the same person.

Jeremy Soule, the man who made the single player songs for TES games, only made one song for ESO. That song was the original theme, but Brad Derrick is the one who has been making all the songs for ESO since it came out.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Princess_Kassiopeia
    Princess_Kassiopeia
    ✭✭✭✭
    ...//... That soundtrack is a very beautiful piece of art that one day I'd love to own, if I can bring myself to ever buy it.

Is the soundtrack to Skyrim officially available??????????

I recall unreal Tournament 4? (I think 4.) had a GAME CD and also a MUSIC CD which I'm not embarrassed to say I still play LLOOUUDDLLYY....

I have searched but havent see anything officially Bethesda that says there's a DVD or such with these tracks on. Though I have to say you'd need the ambience as well. You just do. It's all part of the sound.

Imagine though.... suddenly producing such. Beautiful orchestral ambience music from a stunningly beautiful game and then finding it a No. 1 best seller. I mean..... how could you even compete with that?
  • Path
    Path
    ✭✭✭✭
    I remember telling my old time,(Best buds although I am the only female since 2005) always friend guild, "I can't believe my Skyrim days are over." I have done everything. No nitch left unexplored. I am sad.

They told me, "Yup, been there."

Amazing game.

Adore ESO as well but woah...I lived from Morrowind to Skyrim.
    Fairy Tales Really Do Come True...Kinda.
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It would be great if they brought Jeremy Soule back for the compositions.
This discussion has been closed.