Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Bloodlord's Embrace if not a PvP Player

Talyndor
Talyndor
✭✭✭
Is it possible to get the lead from that boss in imperial city if you do not do much PvP?
Suggestions?
Or....forget about getting this mythical item?
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You need to kill bosses in the Sewers for it, most PvP happens above ground in the districts. As long as you stay in your own factions starting area and farm those bosses you should be fine for the most part with just grinding as a PvE player. The occasional ganker may appear but if you can get past dying to them every now and again then you should be able to farm for it with not much issue.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When I farmed the lead, I went in with all PVE skills and sets to maximize my damage for the boss to have a quicker fight. Stayed in stealth until I got to the boss. Killed back to stealth and hid in the corner until boss respawned and killed it again until I got the lead. Took 4-5 times killing the boss, I believe.

Stay safe :)
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be fair, the same could be said for one of the leads for malacaths band of brutality.
    If you see me anywhere. Know that I am sitting back with a bag of popcorn, watching as ESO burns the goodwill of its player base with practices that only disrespects the players time like it did to me and many others...

If a game does not respect your time, best thing to do is move on from it and find something else.
  • Talyndor
    Talyndor
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, everyone.
    I did manage to sneak in and snag the lead.
    So...my next question is....can I do this with the Band of Brutality, which requires me to kill an upstairs boss?
    Spoiler alert: I do NOT know the upper city, or even imperial City, at all. I kind of snuck and ran my way thru the lower dungeons/sewers to get this lead, but the Band one seems trickier.
    Help would be appreciated.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Talyndor wrote: »
    Thanks, everyone.
    I did manage to sneak in and snag the lead.
    So...my next question is....can I do this with the Band of Brutality, which requires me to kill an upstairs boss?
    Spoiler alert: I do NOT know the upper city, or even imperial City, at all. I kind of snuck and ran my way thru the lower dungeons/sewers to get this lead, but the Band one seems trickier.
    Help would be appreciated.

Its a bit tougher, since the upstairs area is the main PvP part of IC, however. Depending on your faction and what server you play on you might find a group farming bosses that you can join. I know that on EP PC/NA there is almost always a group running around farming the bosses that one can join, not sure that is common elsewhere.
  • MrBrownstone
    MrBrownstone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would you have to forget about it? You don't have to PvP for it. Yeah you might get killed by another player while trying to get it but even in that case you'd get it eventually after some tries, it's not like other players are guarding those bosses 24/7. I don't understand what would prevent you from getting the leads.

There is only one difference if you're not a PvP player: if you come across an enemy player they might kill you, which will require you to respawn and try again. If you're a PvP player you can kill that player and get your lead earlier. But that doesn't mean you must forget about the lead, that just means it might take you a bit more tries. It shouldn't be a problem unless you have a phobia of your pixel character getting killed by another pixel character, which has zero negative consequences (not even armor degrading or soul gem to resurrect in PvP)
  • MrBrownstone
    MrBrownstone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it possible to get the lead from that boss in imperial city if you do not do much PvP?
    Suggestions?
    Or....forget about getting this mythical item?

Oh and by the way don't forget that there are tons of PvP only players who don't prefer to play PvE in this game but they're required to do PvE to get their skills and gear. They don't "forget about" a monster set just because they're PvP only players, they play the dungeon and get it.
  • Talyndor
    Talyndor
    ✭✭✭
    I got that lead from the upstairs boss.
    It was kind of funny.....I found the boss, and started killing it, but it was too tough for me alone, so fortunately, a group of players helped out and we all killed it.
    Of course, they were not from my faction, so as soon as it was dead, they turned on me and killed me. But I got the lead!
    So....yes, a PvE player, with some patience, can get the PvP leads.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I got that lead from the upstairs boss.
    It was kind of funny.....I found the boss, and started killing it, but it was too tough for me alone, so fortunately, a group of players helped out and we all killed it.
    Of course, they were not from my faction, so as soon as it was dead, they turned on me and killed me. But I got the lead!
    So....yes, a PvE player, with some patience, can get the PvP leads.

Congrats.