The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

How much gold do you make a week?

• Faiza
    Faiza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    101-250k
    It depends on how dilligent I am about listing on my guilds trader which...recently has been not very haha.

My main guild is getting a little bigger and more players are asking to do dungeons so I spend more time now healing than I do running around on my main character looking for motifs or farming for things to sell.

I'm okay with that though, I always have gold to throw at Zanil on Friday so I don't really feel the need to devote a ton of my time to gold.
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1-2m
    Largely depends on how good my RNG is from the daily writ reward boxes, if I get lots of gold upgrade mats and master writs, making over a million a week from sales is not too hard, that is not including the gold from the daily writ quest rewards, if I were to include that pushing the two million mark a week is not too uncommon.

If I get a bad week RNG wise sales might dip below the million mark on occasion but with mat prices as they are at the moment been a long time since that last happened.
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    251-500k
    When I play a lot, just doing random content, I make 20 to 40k a day from selling junk. I rarely bother doing stuff that actively makes me more money faster.
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    0-25k
    I don't actually know, but I doubt it's over 25k most weeks.

I'm in a casual, social guild which usually has a trader somewhere, and I sell whatever items I don't want which TTC and ATT tell me are worth selling. What that is varies, it's usually equipment with the trait that boosts crafting XP when it's deconstructed (I can never remember the name), recipes and sometimes motifs, and I fill in empty space with spare crafting materials.

Other than that most of my gold comes from doing daily crafting quests, which I do most days I'm online, but only on one character. (My free time is limited so I don't want to waste too much time doing the same thing over and over.) Sometimes I get lucky with a drop or a stolen item but that's relatively rare.

So for me it's very low effort, I don't farm anything and don't join trade guilds with sales requirements or fees or whatever else. I know I could make more gold if I did but I wouldn't enjoy it, and I'm not in a hurry to make gold so I'd rather focus on things I do enjoy. It's not like I need to meet mortgage payments and feed a family in this game.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    101-250k
    This one says +100 K, yes gotten more as sold off tempers as they are high now and some loincloth and diaper outfits who last was 900K for an month IC fun but again not an trend.

Now for an fat cat its easy to think outside the box.
    usRekDs.gif
    Schrodinger never had an cat
    8fb283f470b7b5b5b0d5035961ede053.jpg
    Ancient Khajiit wisdom obtained with alchemy.
    4huFAJ8h.png
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kinda depends on whether or not my guilds can keep their %$#$%#@ traders.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1-2m
    People who think Writs are how you make money in this game are wrong, it's is Farming and Flipping which earn you gold.
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    2-5m
    People who think Writs are how you make money in this game are wrong, it's is Farming and Flipping which earn you gold.

What do you farm ?
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1-2m
    WiseSky wrote: »

What do you farm ?

Potent Nirncrux as well as resource mats I can refine for gold tempers.

Download Harvestmap, throw on the Wild Hunt Ring, be a stage 4 Vampire and run around Craglorn like a Madman, just yesterday I made over 700k from farming there.
    Edited by TX12001rwb17_ESO on December 31, 2020 4:09AM
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    101-250k
    You can hit 100k a week pretty easy. Each character averages about 5k at level 50 off writs and intricates/ornates. Do this on 3 characters a day and you are making 15k a day x 7 days a week and you hit 105k gold for the week just off writs.

I typically make about 200k a week off everything. If i try i can push millions a week but i don't need that much and i don't want to turn the game into a job so i do it based on how much gold i have which is usually 10-20 million between all characters. When i dip to low i start making more money to get back up to where i want to be. But 200k a week is a pretty good balance for me.

EDIT: honestly if they would allow us to trade crowns or crown crates using the guild store, id be really cranking out some cash so i could buy crown crates. I love loot crates...just not enough to buy them for real money.
    Edited by Anotherone773 on December 31, 2020 4:47AM
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    26-100k
    Depends if my guilds get a trader or not, It is super hit and miss sometimes I making bank sometimes I got months without any traders and I am drowning in sellable items I can't sell.

So yeah I get a completely random amount of money each week.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    251-500k
    250.000 - sales minimum of my trading guild.
    Plus maybe 50.000 from crafting.
    Plus a bit from quests and item farming.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • Scardan
    Scardan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    0-25k
    One character, selling cheap things, doing crafting dailies and hunting skyshards. I make 25k maybe slightly over that in a week.
    Let's be extremely precise in our use of terms.
  • BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    26-100k
    On average usually 50-100K gold a week but I don't really do everything I can to try to maximize my gold intake either. When I have good items, I list them, when I don't, I try to take a stab at what furniture may appeal to people, but sometimes it doesn't always pan out.
  • Slyclone
    Slyclone
    ✭✭✭✭
    1-2m
    My current avg is 1m. Some weeks 1.2m others 800k.

I made 2.8m in past 2 weeks.

I just love farming mats and gear.

That's it, that's all.
  • sup
    sup
    ✭✭✭
    1-2m
    I do writs on two accounts and sell all of the gold mats. Then I go around to guild traders and try to find good deals for resale. This + selling drops gives me over a million a week. I have plenty of gold now, though, so I've been slowing down on all of it.
  • Cameron991
    Cameron991
    ✭✭✭✭
    26-100k
    Dang I wish I had a million gold like a lot of you all hahaha I’m trying to get a million so I can actually purchase some better gear
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1-2m
    I do crafting dailies on 11 chars and use all the survey maps I get from that. I buy some materials when I see a deal and turn them into popular items to sell. I never pass up a backpack, cabinet, dresser, treasure chest, thieves trove, etc... and I farm Craglorn on occasion. Our guild does trials, on some of which I get motifs worth a ton of gold. If I come across an insane deal while browsing vendors for something else, I snap it up and flip it for some extra gold, but generally don't like to flip.
    Cameron991 wrote: »
    Dang I wish I had a million gold like a lot of you all hahaha I’m trying to get a million so I can actually purchase some better gear

It isn't very hard to make a million gold, you can do it simply playing the game. Many of my guildies have made their first million before even reaching level 50 on their first character. Too many players think they need to hit CP160 before they can make any gold, which is entirely false. You can get a motif from a backpack or dresser at level 10 that is worth 100K or more. All you had to do was check those things instead of speeding past them (and have a clue as to what they are worth). This game literally leaves gold laying around all over the place to be picked up, especially alchemy mats, some of which go for 500+ gold each... thats 100K a stack for simply grabbing stuff up off the ground. And yes, being in a guild that has a public vendor is key if you want to make a decent income, there are many that have little to no requirements, or you can pony up and join an actual trade guild with a primo vendor, from which you will make considerably more selling the same items.

Here is a decent guide, a bit out of date with the particular item suggestions, but the theories are sound:
    https://sites.google.com/view/circleofthorne/more/guides/misc/making-money/overview?authuser=0
    Edited by Kwoung on January 22, 2021 7:47AM
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    101-250k
    @aurorable

You only sell materials gained by crafting daylies?
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    251-500k
    Doing writs on 18 characters nets around 500k a week if I do nothing else...
    --- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com
  • caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    251-500k
    Selling loot and mats, and it goes directly to potions and upgrade mats. With the current prices rising that means I'm now broke almost all the time instead of steadily making money for investments.
  • TwinLamps
    TwinLamps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    0-25k
    depends on daily rewards.
    For example, yesterday I made 500k on both megaservers.
    Awake, but at what cost
  • AinSoph
    AinSoph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    501k-1m
    Feeling cute, might make 1m one week and then proceed to do nothing but make mins for the month idk
    Edited by AinSoph on January 22, 2021 9:56AM
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure of the exact figure, but it's more than I need and not as much as I'd like. :)

I craft on 8 characters on PC NA, and 7 characters on PC EU, but only two characters on each server are L50/CP160+, so most of my characters earn less than the maximum from writs. I know that if I spend a million gold on crafting motifs, materials, a house, or some other expensive purchase, it takes well over a week to earn back the million I spent.

I spend some of the gold I earn on the Breton style material each day so the daily writs can be done as quickly as possible by using the first style material rather than having to pick one, so that deducts roughly 1k per day from my earnings-- not much, but it does cut into my profits a little bit, as do the daily riding lessons that some of my characters still need. And then I have to buy more square Enchanting runes every so often.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    501k-1m
    My current trading guild requires 250K per week minimum to avoid fees. I've been making in the 500K to 1M range lately. Not sure whether I'll keep it up.

Farming sets for the sticker book yields items you already have. Those I sell, specifically Cyrodiil and IC gear. Aside from buying with alliance points you can do the daily quests in the Cyrodiil towns, which also yields Cyrodiil Citrus to sell. IC sets come from the variety "Imperial Reward" boxes, bought with Tel Var. Drawback: It's a pain pricing things up. Some items go for 1K, others for 100K+. Most are in the 1K to 20K range. You want to price them just right, so they'll turn around within a few days and don't clog up your store.

Weapons and shields sell for the most. Weapons from commonly-used sets may not fetch that much, but ones from less used sets can fetch a lot. I sold a Ravager shield for 50K (and was cheap) a Harbinger Maul for 90K, if I remember correctly, and a Juggernaut shield for 200K.

You want to be careful with purple jewelry as you have a good chance to extract a purple grain from it. I don't sell below 3K anymore. If it goes for cheaper, I deconstruct.

Other things include IC Key Fragments, Hakeijo-based glyphs and sometimes stacks of materials. In fact, since gold materials are going through the roof right now, I have switched to what everyone does: The daily crafting writs on multiple characters.

If you want to farm overland sets for the sticker book, the best thing is probably to take your fast stamsorc or aggro-avoiding NB - but anything with Wild Hunt really - who has their Excavation and, ideally, Legerdemain levelled. Obtain a map addon that includes chest spawn locations and get to looting them. I find this is competitive, however, and often chests aren't there. The benefit is that you have a better chance of getting a valuable weapon than via boss fights.

Should you be into the Thieves Guild daily quests, you may get Syvarra's Scales items in light or heavy armor (not medium). Those sell for a lot. Some of the heavy armor pieces to go for north of 100K.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    501k-1m
    As long as I have access to at least one Guild Store I can make 500K to a mil a week with ease. Made almost two million last week with everyone buying pieces for their collections.
  • Spawniaq
    Spawniaq
    ✭✭✭
    5m+
    oh i thought how much we wish :D ops
    Ps4 / Eu
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1-2m
    I make over 2m many weeks, but not often enough that I can comfortably answer the next tier up.

My gold primarily comes from guild sales, with a chunk from writs and a small percentage from non-writ daily quests (mostly pledges, Cyro, IC, BG and trials on different days throughout the week).

My guild sales are a mix of mats and motifs, recipes/plans, and event collectibles from past events I hold onto until the market demand and price are up (usually 6-10 months past that event).
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Zulera301
    Zulera301
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1-2m
    About 1-2m a week, mostly from crafting writs and selling motifs. If I sold mats I could easily top 5m+ a week, but I've already got 94.2 million gold that I don't know how to spend, so I don't really need more. I'm mostly just moving old motifs and furnishing plans to clear up space for April.
    Shortly after the formation of the Ebonheart Pact, a Nord woman was given a tour of the Tribunal Temple. When later asked about the experience, she seemed upset. Suffice to say, the Dunmer were not pleased to hear this, and thus they inquired further.
    "Well," the Nord frowned, "the priests were very angry and unwelcoming. They kept shouting things at me like "you can't drink that mead in here!" and "somebody stop her, she's running naked!" and "we can't catch her; she's covered in grease!""
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    251-500k
    I just got back in this week and was able to find a new guild trader. I spent 20k for my dues and made more than 100k back in under an hour.

Usually when I’m playing consistently I will make about 50-100K a day give or take.

Edit - I love how different everyone’s strategies are for making gold.

Most of my gold comes from using AP to buy dawn prism, turning that dawn prism into level 1 jewelry and opening up my bank the next day to an extra 100k in gold.

After fees and a day it’s really easy to turn 100K AP into 25K gold.

Another trick ... you only have 30 slots. Stop wasting them trying to make hundreds. Use each to make thousands. If your average sale price isn’t in 4 figures at minimum then you are selling the wrong products.

Lastly, keep in mind that there are useful PVP things that can only be made with PVE gathered materials and vice versa. Often your best selling market will be to the group of people you never play with.

For some reading this 100K AP might sound like an impossible chore, and others are thinking “I got 11 million AP with nothing to spend it on” besides more siege. Pro tip - you don’t need 4000 fire ballistas.
    Edited by THEDKEXPERIENCE on January 22, 2021 4:45PM