The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

"Clutch or Kick" -- Team of 3 Threatened to Kick Me Unless I Solo'd Final Dungeon Boss

• mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Making someone solo a Boss is one thing. Making the HEALER solo a Boss? Bruh.

Since it was the three of them ganging up on you, there was no way you could "win" there. They either forced you into giving them a free final boss clear so you can get your loot, or they just kick you and then burn the boss themselves, denying you loot. Either way you get shafted somehow and that's not okay. These people are sick.

'sick' with a 'd' and plural.
  • Calm_Fury
    Calm_Fury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was on a healer, and got paired with a team of 3 in a dungeon queue, and at the final boss they all group messaged me threatening to kick me unless I solo'd the boss. I asked why and one of them said it was a trial. So I just waited, hoping it was a joke and that the tank would soon draw aggro, but then all three of them wrote "clutch or kick." I didn't want to get kicked at the final boss I wanted to loot, so I solo'd on my healer while they all just sat back not attacking.

As soon as the boss dropped they kicked me from the group (which I anticipated they would do), so I made sure not to press "B" because it would immediately remove me from the instance. This gave me enough time to loot the boss before getting timed out of the instance.

I took screenshots but I'm not seeing any in-game report options, or if what they did is even something that's punishable. I'm sure they were all laughing and thought it was funny, but from my perspective this was a terrible experience.

Edit: Photos attached. I blocked out the names of the other players.

That is so annoying... I hope you can report them and they get some bans.

About 1.5 years ago there was a group on PC/NA for weeks doing something like that to tanks at the very last boss. I got matched with them 4 or 5 times in a span of 2 weeks. Every single time they would do the whole dungeon normally, then at the last 20% or so on the final boss they would kick me as the tank (most runs were trifectas).

On one of the runs, one of the group forgot to switch to the group chat, so I could read the message in the say chat, saying something like "this never stops being funny".

I reported them several times. Not sure if they did get bans or they just grew tired of this, but I never saw any of them again.
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mairwen85 wrote: »
    Which dungeon was this? Norm or vet? If vet I would have just activated HM and pulled the boss to them and quit the instance myself. If norm, then :lol: what a bunch of tools... as healer you'll get instant queue anyway, let them kick. It might be a waste of time, but if its a pledge, no one wants to step in on final boss and not get credit for the dungeon, that's a waste of their time--but even if not, I'd rather waste a run and requeue than submit to the will of a bunch of idiots with some kind of power complex.

I was going to say this as soon as I read the OP. Pull the boss to the group, let them taste an AOE or two, and leave group/dungeon.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, that's harassment all right. They must be super young, that's the kind of thing that the jerkjock high school kids did in 80s movies and then everyone cheered when the monster ate them.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calm_Fury wrote: »
    I was on a healer, and got paired with a team of 3 in a dungeon queue, and at the final boss they all group messaged me threatening to kick me unless I solo'd the boss. I asked why and one of them said it was a trial. So I just waited, hoping it was a joke and that the tank would soon draw aggro, but then all three of them wrote "clutch or kick." I didn't want to get kicked at the final boss I wanted to loot, so I solo'd on my healer while they all just sat back not attacking.

As soon as the boss dropped they kicked me from the group (which I anticipated they would do), so I made sure not to press "B" because it would immediately remove me from the instance. This gave me enough time to loot the boss before getting timed out of the instance.

I took screenshots but I'm not seeing any in-game report options, or if what they did is even something that's punishable. I'm sure they were all laughing and thought it was funny, but from my perspective this was a terrible experience.

Edit: Photos attached. I blocked out the names of the other players.

That is so annoying... I hope you can report them and they get some bans.

About 1.5 years ago there was a group on PC/NA for weeks doing something like that to tanks at the very last boss. I got matched with them 4 or 5 times in a span of 2 weeks. Every single time they would do the whole dungeon normally, then at the last 20% or so on the final boss they would kick me as the tank (most runs were trifectas).

On one of the runs, one of the group forgot to switch to the group chat, so I could read the message in the say chat, saying something like "this never stops being funny".

I reported them several times. Not sure if they did get bans or they just grew tired of this, but I never saw any of them again.

That is trash and there is something seriously wrong with people who think that’s funny. I mean, maybe if you knew the person and how they’d take it and they were invited back... But to a random person? And repeatedly? Really??? Such people are **** and should be banned from the game (ideally from society, but only so much is possible).