The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

"Clutch or Kick" -- Team of 3 Threatened to Kick Me Unless I Solo'd Final Dungeon Boss

GrumpyDuckling
GrumpyDuckling
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
I was on a healer, and got paired with a team of 3 in a dungeon queue, and at the final boss they all group messaged me threatening to kick me unless I solo'd the boss. I asked why and one of them said it was a trial. So I just waited, hoping it was a joke and that the tank would soon draw aggro, but then all three of them wrote "clutch or kick." I didn't want to get kicked at the final boss I wanted to loot, so I solo'd on my healer while they all just sat back not attacking.

As soon as the boss dropped they kicked me from the group (which I anticipated they would do), so I made sure not to press "B" because it would immediately remove me from the instance. This gave me enough time to loot the boss before getting timed out of the instance.

I took screenshots but I'm not seeing any in-game report options, or if what they did is even something that's punishable. I'm sure they were all laughing and thought it was funny, but from my perspective this was a terrible experience.

Edit: Photos attached. I blocked out the names of the other players.
Edited by GrumpyDuckling on December 30, 2020 10:12AM
  • The_Old_Goat
    The_Old_Goat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hate that you had to deal with that. Had it been me, I would've just left.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was on a healer, and got paired with a team of 3 in a dungeon queue, and at the final boss they all group messaged me threatening to kick me unless I solo'd the boss. I asked why and one of them said it was a trial. So I just waited, hoping it was a joke and that the tank would soon draw aggro, but then all three of them wrote "clutch or kick." I didn't want to get kicked at the final boss I wanted to loot, so I solo'd on my healer while they all just sat back not attacking.

As soon as the boss dropped they kicked me from the group (which I anticipated they would do), so I made sure not to press "B" because it would immediately remove me from the instance. This gave me enough time to loot the boss before getting timed out of the instance.

I took screenshots but I'm not seeing any in-game report options, or if what they did is even something that's punishable. I'm sure there were all laughing and thought it was funny, but from my perspective this was a terrible experience.

Yeah sometimes you run across troll groups like this. 3 friends queue up together and then get their jollies tormenting the unlucky pug who gets matched with them.

Just report them and add them to your ignore list. Best you can do. It's under Help (f1)/Customer Support/Ask for help and under Category you can find the option to report player. You can also target the player directly (like you would to trade with them as an example) and report them from there if you're fast enough.
    Edited by Jeremy on December 30, 2020 3:45AM
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would have left myself on principle. I would have also screenshot the conversation and posted the pics in my discord for all my friends to laugh at.

Of course there may be more to this story than just a few trolls having a giggle. They may have felt they had some justification for what they did. Or maybe they were just jerks. It happens.
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would have left myself on principle. I would have also screenshot the conversation and posted the pics in my discord for all my friends to laugh at.

Of course there may be more to this story than just a few trolls having a giggle. They may have felt they had some justification for what they did. Or maybe they were just jerks. It happens.

I was trying to think if there was anything I did to annoy them, but I did everything my role asked of me. I kept them all alive with heals (no one died) and contributed with some damage.
  • ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably were too crap to fight the boss themselves so wanted you to carry the entire fight.
  • ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd have told them good luck getting a healer that will put up with you morons and left myself.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd have told them good luck getting a healer that will put up with you morons and left myself.

If he or she had done that then the entire dungeon would have just ended up being a waste of the OP's time though, especially since they were already at the end.

Edited by Jeremy on December 30, 2020 4:14AM
  • ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeremy wrote: »

If he or she had done that then the entire dungeon would have just ended up being a waste of the OP's time though, especially since they were already at the end.

Yeah but not worth dealing with them and they're not going to find a replacement to come in and put up with that nonsense.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah but not worth dealing with them and they're not going to find a replacement to come in and put up with that nonsense.

I get what you're saying and I'm not necessarily disagreeing. But I would have probably done the same thing the OP did. I would have felt like just leaving would have been the equivalent of just letting them win and successfully waste my time. At least this way the OP did get the dungeon completed.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The minute you submit to the will of the trolls, they've already won. There is no guarantee the OP wouldn't just be fighting the boss for 3 or 4 minutes then just get kicked anyway. If the team is willing to mess with someone in the way described, I would assume they would take it to any extreme necessary for them to get their rocks off. I have zero tolerance for bullies, which is exactly what is described by the OP.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The minute you submit to the will of the trolls, they've already won. There is no guarantee the OP wouldn't just be fighting the boss for 3 or 4 minutes then just get kicked anyway. If the team is willing to mess with someone in the way described, I would assume they would take it to any extreme necessary for them to get their rocks off. I have zero tolerance for bullies, which is exactly what is described by the OP.

You're right, there was no guarantee. But if the OP had just left then there was a 100% chance the trolls would have ended up wasting the OP's time. So I would have took them up on their "trial" because at that point my main concern would be not to let these fools waste my time and spoil the run for me. So I would have probably done the same thing the OP did and just said ____ it and solo it (if I knew I could).

That wouldn't have stopped me from reporting every last one of them.
    Edited by Jeremy on December 30, 2020 4:31AM
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably if a healer can solo the boss the other three wouldn't need a healer to finish. That said if the boss had an AoE attack I would have grabbed aggro dragged the boss to the group and see what happened. As soon as I could I would bail on the group and not give it another thought. Probably that type of thing should be reported but I doubt I would take the time to do so.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Kaartinen
    Kaartinen
    ✭✭✭
    Am I the only one who thinks this would have been really fun?

The fact that they kicked regardless is lame though.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaartinen wrote: »

It was different. I'll give it that. I've had troll groups kick me at the last boss or kick me after the last boss was dead (as this group did to the OP). But I've never had a group challenge me to solo the last boss as a test. lol...

How much it annoyed me would have probably depended on what dungeon it was and what job I was on. If it was an easier dungeon and I was on my healer I probably wouldn't have minded as much since he has good survivability and offense so I could have burned down the boss in a reasonable amount of time, then given them a few obligatory choice words before I left. However: if they had forced me to whittle down the boss on my tank or something I would have probably been pretty pissed. haha
    Edited by Jeremy on December 30, 2020 5:03AM
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You're right, there was no guarantee. But if the OP had just left then there was a 100% chance the trolls would have ended up wasting the OP's time.

This was how I felt. I was hoping that if everyone remained "in combat" then they wouldn't be able to kick me until after the combat finished. So I immediately looted as fast as I could once the boss dropped and heard the kick happen as I was looting.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You're right, there was no guarantee. But if the OP had just left then there was a 100% chance the trolls would have ended up wasting the OP's time.

This was how I felt. I was hoping that if everyone remained "in combat" then they wouldn't be able to kick me until after the combat finished. So I immediately looted as fast as I could once the boss dropped and heard the kick happen as I was looting.

Yeah I don't blame you and would have done the same thing. If they had pulled their shenanigans early on - like on the first boss or something - then I would have probably just left. But after going through the whole dungeon like that I would have been determined to finish it and not let them waste my time.
    Edited by Jeremy on December 30, 2020 5:14AM
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It was different. I'll give it that. I've had troll groups kick me at the last boss or kick me after the last boss was dead (as this group did to the OP). But I've never had a group challenge me to solo the last boss as a test. lol...

How much it annoyed me would have probably depended on what dungeon it was and what job I was on. If it was an easier dungeon and I was on my healer I probably wouldn't have minded as much since he has good survivability and offense so I could have burned down the boss in a reasonable amount of time, then given them a few obligatory choice words before I left. However: if they had forced me to whittle down the boss on my tank or something I would have probably been pretty pissed. haha

These types of groups you mention are two type imo. First is the group that kicks you before last boss so they can invite their 4th friends and claim last boss loot. Other group is probably farming group where they fqrm dungeons asap, they kick you out so they can queue up again. Many players only do one random and leave dungeon offline or outside but never leave group, so this group is just trying to save time.

OP is probably encounted an ****** group that likes to toy with other people, imagine if they kicked him mid boss fight or at 20% just to prevent him from looting. Worse kind of people and just be banned from voting or forming groups ever.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

These types of groups you mention are two type imo. First is the group that kicks you before last boss so they can invite their 4th friends and claim last boss loot. Other group is probably farming group where they fqrm dungeons asap, they kick you out so they can queue up again. Many players only do one random and leave dungeon offline or outside but never leave group, so this group is just trying to save time.

OP is probably encounted an ****** group that likes to toy with other people, imagine if they kicked him mid boss fight or at 20% just to prevent him from looting. Worse kind of people and just be banned from voting or forming groups ever.

They may have tried to kick him or her mid boss fight but being in combat prevented it. I'm not exactly sure how that works since I very rarely kick people. But I think you're right. It sounds like the OP just landed into a group of trolls who enjoyed messing with people. Usually I don't mind a bit of harmless fun. But intentionally wasting people's time in dungeons for jollies and kicking them at the end is one of the few things I'll report players for.
    Edited by Jeremy on December 30, 2020 5:27AM
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Reminds me of the time I pugged vLoM on my healer, with no issues, nobody died, we were making steady progress, then got kicked right before the last boss with no warning. Those three wastes of oxygen probably thought it hilarious to replace me with their crayon-munching friend after I cleared 90% of the dungeon for them.

I really wish social credit score was a thing in ESO :tongue:
    Do you AFK at dungeon entrance if you get one you don't like and are waiting for others to carry you or kick you? 50 SCS minus. Do you grief low-cp players in even the most basic vets, and try to kick them for being 'scrubs'? 50 SCS minus. After reaching -500 social credit score you get banned from queuing for randoms for 2 weeks. Or something like that.

Seriously. It's ridiculous that people who leave dungeons (for whatever reason, maybe they got a group of jerks) are regularly punished by being locked out, yet people who act like jerks can just do whatever they want with no consequence.
  • RageKing
    RageKing
    ✭✭✭✭
    damn that really messed up. too bad you cant really do anything about it other than try to waste their time as much as possible as well.

Trolls will be trolls
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really?!?

Kudos to you for soloing the boss but at the same time that is just rude. Love to see if they could solo the boss, and if they can't we should totally hang them out to dry.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In the 16 years I have played WOW, I have NEVER seen anything like this (not say it does not happen, but I never witnessed or read about it). Sadly, these types of shenanigans seem to happen all to often in ESO.

I think if the game was tuned so that dungeons actually took a real tank to finish, then things like this would be less of an issue. The amount of people who can solo WoW dungeons, especially heroic are few in between and even then they are tank classes, of course in ESO any class can solo a normal dungeon and some can do vanilla vets. This is part of the problem when a game is designed to allow any class to play any role.

Sorry OP that this happened to you, its a pretty crummy thing to do to someone. I just got out of 3 runs with the same group for all three pledges and it was a heck of a good time. Real tank, real DPS, real healer. I wish others would consider that being kind to someone is more fun than being a jerk.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Report it under Harassment. Send in the screenshots of the convo.
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »

What they said, Because I’m pretty sure it violates some part of Zeni’s ToS.
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »

What they said, Because I’m pretty sure it violates some part of Zeni’s ToS.

Yep. Griefing. They don't have to define every single thing someone does that might fall under the category of griefing because people are endlessly creative in the ways they come up with to harass other people. They just make that call themselves based on the evidence, and if you have the screenshots of the group messages you are good to go, they will see it for what it is. I hope these bullies lose their accounts permanently. Not that they need them, I mean if they are that bored they should be playing something else anyway.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, this is so mean. I am sorry you had to suffer this. This must feel terrible, especially as a healer.
    I would love to round these thugs up and teach have them absolve a trial of our own.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is horrible! I am glad that you found a way to handle it and weren’t robbed of your loot as well! I tolerate all sorts of things while PUGging, and always try to imagine a legitimate reason for something that would otherwise annoy me (just because it keeps me in a better outlook and you never know), like maybe that person isn’t meaning to just stand there for most of the fight but is having terrible lag, etc.

But one thing I will NOT tolerate is blatant disrespect. Immediate kick or leave as applicable. Thankfully, I have never experienced anything like what you describe, but I would definitely report the ****! :rage:
    Edited by Araneae6537 on December 30, 2020 3:16PM
  • Recent
    Recent
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I took screenshots but I'm not seeing any in-game report options, or if what they did is even something that's punishable. I'm sure there were all laughing and thought it was funny, but from my perspective this was a terrible experience.

You can put in a ticket via ' My eso support' then there is an option to add a link to your video you recorded of them. You can also add @names and zos will look into it. Zos are very helpful when it comes to bullying in game they dont tolerate it.
    Im very sorry you experienced that. I hate the newer community that has invaded our eso...honestly im shocked bythe nastiness i experience out there...never was this bad a couple of years ago. I dont know where this particular crowd came from.

Edited by Recent on December 30, 2020 8:01AM
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My character's name is Hibernating-Hist. I blocked out the names of the other players.
    qE6N4l7.jpeg
    5Hc5T9H.jpeg
    https://imgur.com/a/1Ym0o7e
    Edited by GrumpyDuckling on December 30, 2020 10:14AM
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so I made sure not to press "B" because it would immediately remove me from the instance.

Is that a console thing? If you were playing on either Xbox or PS, I'm wondering if you could also report the other players to either Microsoft or Sony, as appropriate, in addition to reporting them to ZOS?
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!