Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Where is all the Hype? Netflix Reportedly Developing Elder Scrolls Show

vamp_emily
vamp_emily
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Ignore this post if one was created. I didn't see any topics related to this.

I figured all you fan boys/girls would be drooling over the fact Netflix was developing a Elder Scrolls Show.

Link:
https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/netflix-reportedly-developing-elder-scrolls-show-big-witcher/

If you want a friend, get a dog.
AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably an hour of loadscreens
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It'll dashboard you as soon as you turn it on
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This could be really good, or it could be really bad. :# Let's hope it's really good.

EDIT: All I can say is, there'd better be mudcrabs!
    Edited by SeaGtGruff on December 28, 2020 3:32PM
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Karminathevamp
    Karminathevamp
    ✭✭✭
    Who will be the hero if we are not?
    Master Angler
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wonder how they will do Khajiits & Argonians. Without those 2 Elder Scrolls universe wont be Elder Scrolls universe. It will be just another generic fantasy settings, LOTR "wanna be"...
    Hope it is not gonna be cheap CG, and/or something that appears on screens for 2 seconds.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on December 30, 2020 10:05AM
  • MerguezMan
    MerguezMan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Main problem of adapting TES to TV show is that either you rely on existing lore characters, which means we already know how it ends, or you just depict a random character exploring the lore, which we also already know.

Second problem will probably be the overload of exposition for anyone not familiar with TES universe. Explaining the lore of each race, daedra, and the general Mundus/Tamriel logic may not suit everyone.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I saw it, nearly fell off my chair with excitement. It reckons the Westworld people are making a Fallout series too. I hope they make a great job of the Elder Scrolls one.
  • Megatto
    Megatto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind if the show was about Tiber Septim.
    Remove loot boxes or riot
  • Scardan
    Scardan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    Ignore this post if one was created. I didn't see any topics related to this.

I figured all you fan boys/girls would be drooling over the fact Netflix was developing a Elder Scrolls Show.

Link:
    https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/netflix-reportedly-developing-elder-scrolls-show-big-witcher/

After Netflix butchered the world and lore and characters of original Witcher series (books), I do not trust Netflix anymore and therefore I am not hyped at all. I am sure, they will butcher TES lore, races, characters too. I.Do.Not.Trust.Them.
    Let's be extremely precise in our use of terms.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the rumours are true and it actually gets made I'll give it a chance, but my expectations are not high. Movie and TV adaptions of games don't have a great history. In theory it should be easy to make a good show about TES given all the lore and options available, but the same is true of Dungeons & Dragons (I mean that is literally a kit of materials for creating stories) and those adaptions have been consistently terrible.

Some of the Tomb Raider movies and, surprisingly, Prince of Persia, were watchable, but that's about the best I remember. (Before anyone mentions it I'm not counting The Witcher because that was adapting the books with some slight influences from the games.)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • tohopka_eso
    tohopka_eso
    ✭✭✭✭
    As much as I want to believe it. I can't trust anything from wegotthiscovered.com

In my opinion they like to hype stuff up then it just disappears due to fact checking.
  • Tremuto
    Tremuto
    ✭✭✭
    Unless they somehow incorporate Dagothwave into the show, my interest will remain lukewarm.
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If it’s Netflix, there will be lots of gratuitous, heterosexual sex scenes; it’ll be set in Skyrim (to minimise CGI Argonians and Khajits - boo!) and it will be very, very, different from Elder Scrolls.

Sure, I’ll give the show a go if it’s ever made, but with the expectations that it’s a TV adaptation for wider audiences.
    Edited by SammyKhajit on December 28, 2020 4:30PM
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That article looks fake af. Clickbait, and it has no source for its info other than a Patreon signup page lol. Even if there is some truth to it, Blizzard already proved that you can throw limitless money at a movie adaptation of a franchise and still have it turn up garbage. Elder Scrolls does not need to be tainted even more by the likes of a Netflix "adaptation."
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nothing to do with ESO, but I wouldn't give Netflix a dime.
    Edited by Wolfpaw on December 28, 2020 5:03PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    This could be really good, or it could be really bad. :# Let's hope it's really good.

I agree. WoW is a great example as their movie was really bad.
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If the zenimax crew has any say in the story line it'll flop.. and i expect big cgi battles and beastial races to look horrible... Dont get me wrong i love the witcher what they compare it to but i can see alot of weird ass race washes and probably an entire disregard for lore and characters given if its an original story or just copy paste of a past game. Either way gonna see a huge influx of players hard wanting things ingame that only exist in the show.
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Netflix slide show. Fun!
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Witcher TV Series is pretty good. So there is hope. The WOW movie sucked because they tried to recreate the game. So there is fear they will do that.

What I think they should do is create a story and adventure is the TES world that is not Main Quest like but more Side Quest like but with more meat. Or, a series of separate stories that interrelate in some way.
    Edited by Nestor on December 29, 2020 12:14AM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Mindcr0w
    Mindcr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    An Elder Scrolls show that focuses on the generic medieval fantasy world that TES seems to be about on a very surface level would quite frankly probably be boring and redundant.

A show that started out with that surface level stuff and gradually eased the audience into the absolutely bananas metaphysical craziness that TES is really about could be one of the greatest speculative fiction shows of all time.

There's a tremendous amount of wiggle room for this to be abysmal, great, or somewhere in between.

That said: Cast Lena Headey as either The Wolf Queen or Alessia and I'll throw my money at the show.
    Edited by Mindcr0w on December 28, 2020 5:38PM
  • udaba
    udaba
    ✭✭✭
    Thats great!
    PC/EU 1600 CP+
  • nukk3r
    nukk3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even if these rumors are true. No one ever made a decent video game film adaptation.
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »

I agree. WoW is a great example as their movie was really bad.

I quite liked the World of Warcraft movie. It's no Lord of the Rings, but then again few are.
  • nukk3r
    nukk3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    The Witcher TV Series is pretty good. So there is hope.

It's good because it's based on a book, not a video game.
  • Nareya726
    Nareya726
    ✭✭✭
    If this is true I'll give it a chance, but I've heard that website isn't reliable so I'm not holding my breath.
  • Evil_Rurouni
    Evil_Rurouni
    ✭✭✭
    Lets be real here folks.
    Netflix adaptations are so bad they've sunk below being a joke into the realms of being a meme.

Seriously, theres countless pages of this stuff:

8bfac163ddd7a2e02ddb37c906d591f8.jpg

If the rumour's actually true, the show's pretty much guaranteed to be a steaming pile of dog eggs.

It might be a good source of joke images tho, so silver linings?

• Rukia541
    Rukia541
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It'll suck but I will watch it like I watched the travesty that was witcher on netflix.. geralt was good in it but my god the rest sucked so hard.
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wonder how they will do Khajiits & Argonians. Without those 2 Elder Scrolls universe wont be Elder Scrolls universe.
    Hope it is not gonna be cheap CG, and/or something that appears on screens for 2 seconds.

The recent movie version of Cats was full of Khajiits 😹
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rukia541 wrote: »
    It'll suck but I will watch it like I watched the travesty that was witcher on netflix.. geralt was good in it but my god the rest sucked so hard.

I’ll watch Henry Cavill in anything in the hopes for more shirtless scenes.
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elvenheart wrote: »
    Rukia541 wrote: »

I’ll watch Henry Cavill in anything in the hopes for more shirtless scenes.

go to horny jail