The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is stam sorc that bad?

Ryuvain
Ryuvain
✭✭✭✭✭
Feels like no matter what abilities I use, nothing really stacks up to the amazing tier spammables that other classes use. Am I missing something? Crystal weapon feels useless most the time and is clunky as well.

I can just look at other classes and see what they do much better and more in comparison. Any tips?
Edited by ZOS_Volpe on December 23, 2020 1:21PM
That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Learn to take advantage of the power in crystal weapon and you can slap people around quite well, it works on light medium and heavy attacks so keeping that in mind it pairs well with things like Vateshrans 2h or poisonous serpent.
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • IneedaDollar
    IneedaDollar
    ✭✭✭
    If you are talking about PvE Stamsorc is actually performing well atm.
    The crystal spammable isn't that great to use but is mostly used for the extra penetration as a group buff.
    Stamsorc doesn't realy have to use its one spammable but can use all the spammables from the weapon skill lines or the psijic one instead.
    2h/dw, dw/dw, dw/bow, 2h/bow and bow/bow are all viable weapon choices for Stamsorc atm.
    If you need ideas just watch some parses on YouTube and adjust the build or rotation to your needs.
    Skinny Cheeks, Liko and Rosskag are all good sources.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My favourite class to play in PvP, if that's where your issue is I can send you my current build if you think it will help? I don't play proc builds...

And by the way I love crystal weapon weave it with your spammable and it hits like a truck. Master dw and hitting crystal-light attack - rending hits very hard on a stat build.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every build is viable if you gear correctly, and have a decent rotation. And, play to your personal strengths, not some streamers.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamsorcerer is very much meta in pvp at the moment. There are so plenty of them and they are formidable.
    At least in no cp and battlegrounds. Can not comment on cp.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crystal weapon + Vateshran + any other proc into Dawnbreaker makes you an absolute wrecking ball in PvP.
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    Stamsorcerer is very much meta in pvp at the moment. There are so plenty of them and they are formidable.
    At least in no cp and battlegrounds. Can not comment on cp.

I don't see stamsorcs at all. It's all wardens, nightblade, and templars.
    Solariken wrote: »
    Crystal weapon + Vateshran + any other proc into Dawnbreaker makes you an absolute wrecking ball in PvP.

Haven't looked at vatesh. Hate breaking 5-5-2 sets though.
    Edited by Ryuvain on December 23, 2020 4:03AM
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
  • deleted210809-001958
    Crystal weapon doesn't work most of the time in cyro (light attacks doesn't deal any additional damage and weapon stay "buffed" after it). may be this is because of lag, may be because of low distance or may be both. this skill might have good potential in pvp (heal from passive, strong damage and armor reducing).
    Edited by deleted210809-001958 on December 23, 2020 7:49AM
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kyatos wrote: »
    Crystal weapon doesn't work most of the time in cyro (light attacks doesn't deal any additional damage and weapon stay "buffed" after it). may be this is because of lag, may be because of low distance or may be both. this skill might have good potential in pvp (heal from passive, strong damage and armor reducing).

I could've specified that I meant cyro. Might explain why it doesn't work half the time. Anything that requires setup or cast time has trouble hitting at all. Sorc has a lot of that.

Meanwhile it's close to impossible to fight NB SA or jabs.
    Edited by Ryuvain on December 23, 2020 8:51AM
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PvP view.

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I had and have great experience with Master Dual Wield and Rending Slashes as spammable. I have no doubt that standard spammables are better under ideal circumstances, but as was said, cast time, channeled or light attack enhancing spammables often do not work due to server performance issues. The experience with them is great when they work and awful when they doesn't. That's why I have chosen a stable reliable choice. It's not the best in ideal scenarios, but works as intended 100% of the time. Shortly, I have chosen the most reliable spammable that is currently at stock.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on December 23, 2020 9:10AM
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP view.

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I had and have great experience with Master Dual Wield and Rending Slashes as spammable. I have no doubt that standard spammables are better under ideal circumstances, but as was said, cast time, channeled or light attack enhancing spammables often do not work due to server performance issues. The experience with them is great when they work and awful when they doesn't. That's why I have chosen a stable reliable choice. It's not the best in ideal scenarios, but works as intended 100% of the time. Shortly, I have chosen the most reliable spammable that is currently at stock.

I used that for a while until I was told that it's bad as a spammable. I might go back to it since I don't really have other amazing choices. Helps that I'm still using dual wield too.

Completely forgot about that one.

Another question, do people use pets? They're decent but great pvpers delete them or just focus you making them mostly useless. I use clanfear but was thinking that bound armor would be a better passive. Armaments I tried but it felt clunky. Maybe it's passive would be better over armor passive?
    Edited by Ryuvain on December 23, 2020 9:23AM
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ryuvain wrote: »
    PvP view.

I used that for a while until I was told that it's bad as a spammable. I might go back to it since I don't really have other amazing choices. Helps that I'm still using dual wield too.

Completely forgot about that one.

It's bad if you already have Rending Slash on your bar for the DoT. By spamming Rending Slash you lose the dot as it takes 2 second after applying to get the first tick. But if you don't have Rending Slash on your bar yet and what you do is unslot Crystal Wep or any spammable of whatever and replace it with Rending Slashes, then it's definitely not that bad as you might have heard.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on December 23, 2020 9:25AM
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just use bow backbar as my dots/poke. So I probably wont lose much from it.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=296007

That's my stamsorc build I really like it, it has a lot of incoming healing mainly from damage, but has 2k health recovery if you find yourself on your back bar. I use double dot poisons on the front bar and use health, stam and crit pots. Crit chance is important to survivability and your rate of healing.

I use crystal - rending - rapid strikes until they're in execute range.
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's my stamsorc build I really like it, it has a lot of incoming healing mainly from damage, but has 2k health recovery if you find yourself on your back bar. I use double dot poisons on the front bar and use health, stam and crit pots. Crit chance is important to survivability and your rate of healing.

Spotless build. I was looking at spriggans and briarheart, but thought spriggans looked better. You've proven me wrong there.

Very helpful. I'll have to take notes when I get home. Thanks for that.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Spotless build. I was looking at spriggans and briarheart, but thought spriggans looked better. You've proven me wrong there.

Thanks man, yeah briar, seventh and pale order give you a really good balance of offence and incoming healing. Blade cloak and rapids not to mention the dot from rending keeps that incoming healing very high. Daggers on the back bar ensure most of your heals crit as well as blade cloak. Also blade cloak gives your enchants full up time as it is direct damage they will proc from the front bar and back. So a bow would give you higher damage, but dw with cloak gives you a near 100% uptime on that damage. The charged trait means you get high uptime on minor vulnerability from the shock glyph you could swap this for poison or flame if you'd prefer another dot.

Spriggans would give you more damage than seventh, but you'd have to back bar briar instead and need to wait for a crit before moving to the front. Which isn't the end of the world, but does make it a little trickier and you'll lose the extra passive healing via health recovery from seventh.
    Edited by relentless_turnip on December 23, 2020 10:42AM
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks man, yeah briar, seventh and pale order give you a really good balance of offence and incoming healing. Blade cloak and rapids not to mention the dot from rending keeps that incoming healing very high. Daggers on the back bar ensure most of your heals crit as well as blade cloak. Also blade cloak gives your enchants full up time as it is direct damage they will proc from the front bar and back. So a bow would give you higher damage, but dw with cloak gives you a near 100% uptime on that damage. The charged trait means you get high uptime on minor vulnerability from the shock glyph you could swap this for poison or flame if you'd prefer another dot.

Spriggans would give you more damage than seventh, but you'd have to back bar briar instead and need to wait for a crit before moving to the front. Which isn't the end of the world, but does make it a little trickier and you'll lose the extra passive healing via health recovery from seventh.

That's all good to know. I'm trying to better myself at pvp so all this info is priceless.

May have to consider mythical now since I originally didn't like how they break the usual 5-5-2 bonuses. Thinking again on it a lot of monster sets aren't amazing for my build right now so going mythic may be best.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That's all good to know. I'm trying to better myself at pvp so all this info is priceless.

May have to consider mythical now since I originally didn't like how they break the usual 5-5-2 bonuses. Thinking again on it a lot of monster sets aren't amazing for my build right now so going mythic may be best.

Well if you don't have greymoor or don't want to use the mythic, you could literally just replace the briar shoulder with another piece of bloodspawn and the ring with another briar piece. I don't know if it would be as good, but you'd essentially be replacing healing for mitigation. Which may be better or worse I have no idea 😂

I must warn you though this build works very well for me, but may not for you. With all the options available everyone always thinks they know which is the best build. In truth the answer is very subjective and different for everyone. Though I really hope this helps you out😁 Also PvP took me personally and I think most experience the same a long time to be good at. This is an especially difficult meta to run a stat build.

My advice learn to survive first and foremost. Streak in, do some damage and get out. Duel as often as you can, though it is not where this build shines it is still IMO the best way to learn to PvP. Battlegrounds used to be great for learning to as it scales with your experience, but the meta i.e proc sets is very affluent there.

If you are on PC EU feel free to add me(same name) we have a very tight guild of small-scalers full of experienced PvP players.
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well if you don't have greymoor or don't want to use the mythic, you could literally just replace the briar shoulder with another piece of bloodspawn and the ring with another briar piece. I don't know if it would be as good, but you'd essentially be replacing healing for mitigation. Which may be better or worse I have no idea 😂

I must warn you though this build works very well for me, but may not for you. With all the options available everyone always thinks they know which is the best build. In truth the answer is very subjective and different for everyone. Though I really hope this helps you out😁 Also PvP took me personally and I think most experience the same a long time to be good at. This is an especially difficult meta to run a stat build.

My advice learn to survive first and foremost. Streak in, do some damage and get out. Duel as often as you can, though it is not where this build shines it is still IMO the best way to learn to PvP. Battlegrounds used to be great for learning to as it scales with your experience, but the meta i.e proc sets is very affluent there.

If you are on PC EU feel free to add me(same name) we have a very tight guild of small-scalers full of experienced PvP players.

Oh I already have pale order and the other mythics I wanted.

Yeah, i wasn't going to copy your build at all, just seeing good options can give me ideas and options for my own build.

And thanks again for all the tips. I'd friend you if I could but I'm sadly PC NA.
    Edited by Ryuvain on December 23, 2020 12:16PM
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Oh I already have pale order and the other mythics I wanted.

Yeah, i wasn't going to copy your build at all, just seeing good options can give me ideas and options for my own build.

And thanks again for all the tips. If friend you if I could but I'm sadly PC NA.

Well good luck all the same man 👍😁
  • TwinLamps
    TwinLamps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure what great class spammable sDK has, for example
    Awake, but at what cost
  • Rowjoh
    Rowjoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamsorc for PVE normal/vet solo arenas and trials is awesome.

High damage, fast, tanky and almost infinite sustain :)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=EXNF4MXFK7Y&t=774s

• Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TwinLamps wrote: »
    Not sure what great class spammable sDK has, for example

Mostly meant the most abundant classes; Nb, Templar, and dswing.
    Edited by Ryuvain on December 23, 2020 12:17PM
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This. Crystal is not very lag friendly.

And it just has a janky animation.
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In noCP especially it's one of the easiest classes to play. If not the easiest.

Heavy Armour, SnB, Ball of Lightning and you're pretty much invincible.
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »

This. Crystal is not very lag friendly.

And it just has a janky animation.

Add in enemy players moving around and it's so unreliable that I can't slot it at all.
    ThePedge wrote: »
    In noCP especially it's one of the easiest classes to play. If not the easiest.

Heavy Armour, SnB, Ball of Lightning and you're pretty much invincible.

Think the easiest goes to templar tbh. Never tried ball of lightning since pvp tends to be filled with gapclosing stam classes.
  • Zski
    Zski
    ✭✭✭
    Stamsorc currently has access to Draugrkin+Flurry, which hits like a stamplar's pvp dream and gives you plenty of tries for crits to proc Surge. Probably pair it with a tanky set backbar and maybe torch, or eschew mythics and jam with a tanky set and Masters SnB on the back.

Ball Lightning is busted. Literally sometimes, but when it works correctly its huge. Stamsorc feels pretty good at the moment, you're just still a vessel for your weapon line like always and cant just AFK on malacath like most other classes.
    Dead account. Y'all deserve each other.

GLHF.
  • Mitaka211
    Mitaka211
    ✭✭✭✭
    From what i have seen , stamsorcs and stamdks have almost everything they need ....except a good spamable. So a lot of them are pretty much locked to using weapon spamables. Stamsorcs have great mobility and are hard to catch even in a closed enviorment like a bg (at times it feels even impossible). If you build your character to be more of a bruiser (you don't even need good dungeon or trial sets for that), you can do really well with it. You are not going to perform as a stam necro or stam warden, who simply don't have a reason to run around or disengage but you would do better.

Keep in mind that this game has a tendency of making you feel really strong in some situations and useless in other. If you come across any players using proc sets in combination with the mythic rings , you are not killing them with normal sets, it's just how it is. The problem right now is that , these sets in combination with rings, alow players to be tanky, heal a lot and do damage at the same time. The majority of players don't use them though , i will probably run across a fully geared proc set player like once a day.

When it comes to no cp, i feel stasorcs thrive there and can easily carry any objective based bg, your spamable may not be great but your other tools bump you up abouve other stam classes in certain situations. But as some people said, you are not a afk class that does all the work for you , you actually have to play and be very conscious of what you are doing. I am pretty sure a stam warden can sit on one capture point in domination , guard a relic and simply play with one hand while drinking his coffee without dying lol. All the original classes have to actually move around , disengage , reset fights , you know the basic pvp stuff.
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam sorcs do not have tankiness of stam warden/ Necro/ dk or the damage of a stam blade. Pretty much a bottom tier stam pvp class except they can run around real fast like headless chickens mag sorcs
    Edited by PhoenixGrey on December 28, 2020 7:29AM
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stam sorcs do not have tankiness of stam warden/ Necro/ dk or the damage of a stam blade. Pretty much a bottom tier stam pvp class except they can run around real fast like headless chickens mag sorcs

Ironically, I prefer sorc over necro right now. Necro mechanics can be an exercise in frustration with server performance as it is. I preferred Necro during MYM when performance was better.
    Edited by katorga on December 28, 2020 2:19PM