The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Why are there so many werewolves?

weedaleeb14_ESO
weedaleeb14_ESO
Soul Shriven
Came back after an 8 month break, jumped into pvp, and ran into more werewolf groups than normal ones, On top of that, no matter how low I get their health they seem to be able to “uwu” themselves back to full with zero problem. I haven’t looked at the patch notes since I took my break but was wondering if they got some sort of buff?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, since you last played they got buffed.

One of the bigger discussions ATM.

WW and Procs are the most controversial topics
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • weedaleeb14_ESO
    weedaleeb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Yes, since you last played they got buffed.

One of the bigger discussions ATM.

WW and Procs are the most controversial topics

I see. Thanks for the update!
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because it's an insanely massive carry, pls nerf ZOS
    Edited by MentalxHammer on December 14, 2020 12:19PM
  • Husan
    Husan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because of health based heal. See warden for another example of the same broken mechanic.
  • Legendry
    Legendry
    ✭✭✭
    There are many werewolfs cause we're rallying for buffs. Werewolf is in dire need of buffs. Too squishy, too slow, and not enough weapon damage to compete with other classes. This must be adressed immediately.
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭
    Werewolves if built right are very good, access to alot of buffs, good heals and good sustained damage.
  • ivramirez
    ivramirez
    ✭✭✭
    Simply, the game made WW and proc set they way to play the game almost to a point where you have to be WW or use proc set. We cant even tell what is worse, WW cant be killed, it takes a team to kill one and you can kill using proc sets without even realizing who you are hitting.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because if you are a class/race combination that doesn't do enough damage or doesn't heal enough that is the pvp go to.
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Weesacs
    Weesacs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just use poisons and fighters guild skills to counter WWs ..... easy ..... O.o
    High Elf Templar
    PS4 - EU - DC
    Over 37,500 Achievements!
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭
    Weesacs wrote: »

Lol what fighter's guild "skills"? You have dawnbreaker and Silver Shards. Nobody except stamblades have ever used silver shards, so you must mean spamming dawnbreaker. Which in all fairness would no doubt kill a ww and just about everybody else too. By poisons you must mean going stamina dk or warden and speccing into a poison build. Or do you just mean poisons on weapons, because if you fight a werewolf who dies to those then it wouldn't have been a problem in the first place.
  • Weesacs
    Weesacs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vizirith wrote: »

Lol what fighter's guild "skills"? You have dawnbreaker and Silver Shards. Nobody except stamblades have ever used silver shards, so you must mean spamming dawnbreaker. Which in all fairness would no doubt kill a ww and just about everybody else too. By poisons you must mean going stamina dk or warden and speccing into a poison build. Or do you just mean poisons on weapons, because if you fight a werewolf who dies to those then it wouldn't have been a problem in the first place.

Hehe I was being sarcastic 🙂 The supposed counters to being a WW aren't much of a counter when they run 40k health and get insane resistances whilst in WW form
    High Elf Templar
    PS4 - EU - DC
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If only there were forms of damage that could go through resistances (Bleeds) or couldn't be mitigated in anyway and scaled off the target's max health (Oblivion damage) or reduced the availability of defiles and its potency (taking away health regen build counters).

All these things existed, and were strong, until too many people complained and got them nerffed to the ground.

Switch the health based heal to offensive stat based, so werewolves have no reason to keep stacking obscene amount of health.
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vizirith wrote: »

Hehe I was being sarcastic 🙂 The supposed counters to being a WW aren't much of a counter when they run 40k health and get insane resistances whilst in WW form

And wear certain sets that can give end up giving them 4k health regen if built right on top of good resistances, health, a fear and self heal and still have room for another solid 5 pc for either more offense or defense.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Sord
    Sord
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone is spec into health and have been for a while in PVP. I have seen necros builds tank our 4-10 man group of WW (no we don't run proc sets because they are cheese) and we have to coordinate to take him down. Werewolves have 5 abilities and no ultimate. Yet all the other classes (cause WW is a class unto itself, lets be real) have 10 abilities and 2 ultimate's they can wear the exact same gear as a WW yet you all are complaining because it is just more obvious they are WW. Here is the build we run UNSTOPPABLE WEREWOLF BUILD VIDEO

Because they loose access to ult and another row of abilities they get 10k resists, 30% more stam, 30% sprinting speed, but they also take +25% more damage from poison and fighters guild skills.

And they are OP because of 10k resists and 30% movement speed. Yet every class cause buff themselves 5.4k resists EVERY CLASS so they get 3.6k extra resists in reality and extra 30% more stam. Which several classes have alternate ways to buff up their main resource bar either through some floating octopus thing (warden) or through a straight passive which requires an ability from that line to be on a bar. Show me how that is too OP. Every class has some form of heal as well DK can probably have more health recover if you spec them that way. Templars and Wardens have amazing heals, way better than a WW, heck NB have better heals then a WW.

The real story is some of those WW are in a coordinated group who know what they are doing. But trust me you can kill a werewolf (I have been killed plenty as a WW and probably am the weak link in our group) or a necro you just gotta know what you are doing. Do you know what you are doing? That is the real question here. WW ARE NOT OP if you think they are please counter the above and tell me how. Please don't tell me proc sets or gear cause anyone can use those and then think about all the other classes with their 10 abilities and 2 ult.

Best wishes.
    www.fateslegacy.com Share your build or find a build here at Fate's Legacy!
    -This is your life and its ending one moment at a time-
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    https://youtu.be/kIGSLjZv0Yw

We all know Lycan is one of the best WW in ESO.

Coordinated group required? I dont think so. Maybe yes if he wanna kill all enemies on sight :)

WW, the combination of offensive and defensive, completed combat tool kits, free weapon critical and weapon damage in 1 bar, if someone can kill Lycan in 1 on 1 or 2 on 1, u have my respect.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ccfeeling wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/kIGSLjZv0Yw

We all know Lycan is one of the best WW in ESO.

Coordinated group required? I dont think so. Maybe yes if he wanna kill all enemies on sight :)

WW, the combination of offensive and defensive, completed combat tool kits, free weapon critical and weapon damage in 1 bar, if someone can kill Lycan in 1 on 1 or 2 on 1, u have my respect.

You lost me at the first sentence 😆
  • buzzclops
    buzzclops
    ✭✭✭
    Because it is simply broken when built right and It is also braindead easy to do. Werewolves have way too much goodstuffs in their toolkits without any drawbacks. From my understanding it seems to be a problem mostly on consoles where everyone abuses it.(theres always at least 4 wolves per bgs) Also when the light attack bug was a thing a lot of my magicka friends made a ww for the weeks of it just because anyone can use it without much effort. Having just 5 overloaded abilities and no buff rotation to keep up makes the mechanics of the game obsolete. (Might seem like nothing but having to rebuff for 2-3 seconds while they can straight up just dmg you constantly adds up after very little time) Werewolf is definitely overtuned. If the game wants ww to be a “class” in itself there needs to be some compromises. I think there should be 2 archetypes when building a werewolf and the ultimate morphs could be where the fix is at. DO NOT nerf their core mechanics. I think you should have to make decisions on what buffs are available to you. For instance pack leader shoudd get the 10k resists/maim/defile and berserker get the breach/berserk etc. It would make you chose between damage or tank/cc/annoyance. It would also make you have to sacrifice more when building. Berserker would need chudan/defile sets etc. This way players that are skilled at playing Ww would still be effective like they always have been. Lycan is a good example i play on ps4 na and i respect him a lot for being one of the few wws that was always so dangerous even when ww was terrible years ago. The problem right now is the “subclass” carries way too many players and its really frustrating the amount of effort it takes to bring them down.
    Edited by buzzclops on December 25, 2020 5:44AM
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They dont do much damage but theyre fast and very tanky, plus its ezmode
  • angelofdeath333
    angelofdeath333
    ✭✭✭
    Overpowered? Not at all! They have access to major berserk, major breach, major defile, minor maim, minor courage, major savagery, an execute that starts at 100% health, 10k resist and 30% movement-speed. I am pretty sure every other class have access to these thing too? They need a built in daedric trickery to really be viable imo
    Edited by angelofdeath333 on December 28, 2020 11:35PM
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    buzzclops wrote: »
    Because it is simply broken when built right and It is also braindead easy to do. Werewolves have way too much goodstuffs in their toolkits without any drawbacks. From my understanding it seems to be a problem mostly on consoles where everyone abuses it.(theres always at least 4 wolves per bgs) Also when the light attack bug was a thing a lot of my magicka friends made a ww for the weeks of it just because anyone can use it without much effort. Having just 5 overloaded abilities and no buff rotation to keep up makes the mechanics of the game obsolete. (Might seem like nothing but having to rebuff for 2-3 seconds while they can straight up just dmg you constantly adds up after very little time) Werewolf is definitely overtuned. If the game wants ww to be a “class” in itself there needs to be some compromises. I think there should be 2 archetypes when building a werewolf and the ultimate morphs could be where the fix is at. DO NOT nerf their core mechanics. I think you should have to make decisions on what buffs are available to you. For instance pack leader shoudd get the 10k resists/maim/defile and berserker get the breach/berserk etc. It would make you chose between damage or tank/cc/annoyance. It would also make you have to sacrifice more when building. Berserker would need chudan/defile sets etc. This way players that are skilled at playing Ww would still be effective like they always have been. Lycan is a good example i play on ps4 na and i respect him a lot for being one of the few wws that was always so dangerous even when ww was terrible years ago. The problem right now is the “subclass” carries way too many players and its really frustrating the amount of effort it takes to bring them down.

Did you just say werewolf has always been viable?
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
    Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would rather WW and Vamp be on the too strong side than too weak.

Too weak means it may as well not even be in game and these things (and more imo) should be in game
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Weesacs
    Weesacs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Overpowered? Not at all! They have access to major berserk, major breach, major defile, minor maim, minor courage, major savagery, an execute that starts at 100% health, 10k resist and 30% movement-speed. I am pretty sure every other class have access to these thing too? They need a built in daedric trickery to really be viable imo

I love the taste of sarcasm 😂

Working as intended 👍
    High Elf Templar
    PS4 - EU - DC
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They have access to major berserk
    Bad point to bring up, accessing this buff increases the damage taken by the werewolf. Can't really talk about the kiss without talking about the curse.

Caius
    PC NA
  • angelofdeath333
    angelofdeath333
    ✭✭✭
    Chrlynsch wrote: »
    Bad point to bring up, accessing this buff increases the damage taken by the werewolf. Can't really talk about the kiss without talking about the curse.

They get 10k resist and minor main to make Up for that though, have you ever met a squishy ww? Its just a cheesy autopilot for zerglings who cba to learn how to play
    Edited by angelofdeath333 on December 30, 2020 9:35PM
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    10k resists probably needs looked again with the removal / nerfing high armor counters, as well as the nerfing of the protection buffs. But if you do that you probably need to look at reducing their weakness to poisons and fighters guild abilities.

Not sure why they ever gave the pack leader the additional damage reduction. But that needs to go, as well as the puppies, that ignoring snare immunity and cooldowns.

Minor maim was also recently gutted not really something to complain about IMO.

One of the worst culprit is health regen builds are easy to stack now on a wolf. They gutted defile that was the major counter to Health regen builds. Slap 2 proc sets on a wolf and you can just drop all other points in tankiness and defense. It isn't a high damage build but it is enough to kill potatoes. Most wolves you see are running around out there with sub 25k stamina and 3k weapon damage.

They need to make the wolf heal scale off of max stamina and weapon damage. This will help get rid of the troll wolves and reward quick reactive gameplay.
    Caius
    PC NA
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They get 10k resist and minor main to make Up for that though, have you ever met a squishy ww? Its just a cheesy autopilot for zerglings who cba to learn how to play

Ive seen werewolves melt before, its very doable. If they dont melt then they dont do damage either. Any poison damage or ultimate is hilarious.
    10k resists probably needs looked again with the removal / nerfing high armor counters, as well as the nerfing of the protection buffs. But if you do that you probably need to look at reducing their weakness to poisons and fighters guild abilities.

Not sure why they ever gave the pack leader the additional damage reduction. But that needs to go, as well as the puppies, that ignoring snare immunity and cooldowns.

One of the worst culprit is health regen builds are easy to stack now on a wolf. They gutted defile that was the major counter to Health regen builds. Slap 2 proc sets on a wolf and you can just drop all other points in tankiness and defense. It isn't a high damage build but it is enough to kill potatoes. Most wolves you see are running around out there with sub 25k stamina and 3k weapon damage.

They need to make the wolf heal scale off of max stamina and weapon damage. This will help get rid of the troll wolves and reward quick reactive gameplay.

I disagree on the pack leader changes completely. Why be called a pack leader and you dont have a pack? lol. Rest I can get behind, even though they arent a huge problem imo. I've played a lot of bgs and see them, but they're not much different than a dk.
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ryuvain wrote: »

Ive seen werewolves melt before, its very doable. If they dont melt then they dont do damage either. Any poison damage or ultimate is hilarious.

I disagree on the pack leader changes completely. Why be called a pack leader and you dont have a pack? lol. Rest I can get behind, even though they arent a huge problem imo. I've played a lot of bgs and see them, but they're not much different than a dk.

To me The Pack Leader should provide extra bonuses to its group, minor courage (maybe bump it up to Major)? And a bonus perk to call of the pack.

But then again I would love to see the morph changed to behemoth, and let us pick our fur color (to a reasonable level).
    Caius
    PC NA
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ryuvain wrote: »

To me The Pack Leader should provide extra bonuses to its group, minor courage (maybe bump it up to Major)? And a bonus perk to call of the pack.

But then again I would love to see the morph changed to behemoth, and let us pick our fur color (to a reasonable level).

If it's changed for behemoth then I'm all for it. Just don't have high hopes that it's going to happen.
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    same reason theres so many wardens and necros: Its a carry for bad players, and any half decent player will able to win ezpz
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It's dosesn't matter if WW healing scales stam + WD , WW actually it's a good theory crafter with super natural power .
    i.e. Draugr Hulk , New Moon , Malacath's Band of Brutality , 1 pc flex

Build in extra resistance , medium tanky with super raw damage , it might has some problem if 1V4 plus when you run medium armor , but you can kill player real fast , you know it for sure .

I believe there are more creative builds than I think , WW still rule BG , IC , small scale PVP with your suggestion .

Once again , WW need a 5 mins hard reset timer , they are too OP .