The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Not getting the "access code"... Anyone else?

konstan
konstan
Last night, for some reason, ESO decided that it does not recognize my computer and said it sent a one time access code.
I got no code.
Opened a ticket and 2 hours later for a generic blurb with the usual "delete the spaces" and "add noreply@xxx" to your accepted sender list.
What is the deal with the access codes? Why does their email not work all of a sudden?
I have gotten emails from them before, including previous one time access codes.
And the 24 hour thing, what's up with that?
Edited by ZOS_Mika on December 10, 2020 6:11PM
  • konstan
    konstan
    If anyone from support is seeing this, ticket 201209-006302
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Greetings @konstan

We can confirm that your ticket is still open and a member of our support team will reply as soon as possible.

Please be aware that updating your ticket multiple times will put it at the end of the line and delay the response time. With that in mind, we recommend only updating your ticket as necessary.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • konstan
    konstan
    Still nothing?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not having an up-to-date e-mail address is the issue with the vast majority of players, @konstan.

Be sure to follow through with the Support ticket ... before assuming it's a ZOS issue.
  • konstan
    konstan
    Not having an up-to-date e-mail address is the issue with the vast majority of players, @konstan.

I get other communication from them at this email. I've gotten one time codes before. I use this email address every day and it is what is listed under my account profile.

What do you mean?
  • konstan
    konstan
    Going on 6 hours from the last update; 22 hours since the ticket was opened.
    How is this acceptable?
    Edited by konstan on December 11, 2020 12:18AM
  • konstan
    konstan
    10 hours since the last update, 25 hours since I opened the ticket.
  • konstan
    konstan
    What is the status of my ticket? Why is it taking so long? Over 24 hours for a simple login issue??
  • konstan
    konstan
    My ticket still says "waiting on agent" but "last updated" is now "35 minutes ago". I did not updated it. My last update is from yesterday. What is going on?
  • konstan
    konstan
    afpgq2w34khh.png

• kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just tried switching from EU to NA (PC) to login and see my other characters again.. it prompted me for a code, and I haven't received anything. I tried waiting, refreshing, and relogging to force the code through. Nothing.
    What just broke???
    *insert "Let me in! LET ME IIINNN!" meme here*
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• Chess_Templar
    Chess_Templar
    ✭✭
    Same here, "error 404" on Access Code email since 29th december... Its been one week and the customer support respond to me every 2 day... I'm waiting for the customer support to switch to another email (which is a very bad solution if you asked me : what if it happen again? How many new email will suffise?) for 3 day on this last request.

If I see this post : https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/556214/no-access-code
    There is low hope that even switching email would work and its their last solution to that problem...

I will kept this updated when I will have more news on my part.

Edit 6 jan: Even with a change of email address it didn't worked, I'm waiting for another 2 day to get more help from support...
    Edit 7 jan: After 24h wait, the email address switch works! I recommand not trying to reconnect the day the email is switched, since it start a timer of 24h you will have to wait anyway... But not so fun fact, when I've told support it didn't work january the 6th, they just plainly deleted my ticket and I have no history left on my account to prove anything...
    Edited by Chess_Templar on January 7, 2021 9:44PM
    La violence est le dernier refuge de l'incompétence. ~Isaac Asimov
  • Chess_Templar
    Chess_Templar
    ✭✭

Be sure to follow through with the Support ticket ... before assuming it's a ZOS issue.

Having the same issue, I'm also very curious at what is an up-to-date e-mail address? What differenciate the two and how can you setup your email address to be as up-to-date as possible @Taleof2Cities ?
    La violence est le dernier refuge de l'incompétence. ~Isaac Asimov
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Having the same issue, I'm also very curious at what is an up-to-date e-mail address? What differenciate the two and how can you setup your email address to be as up-to-date as possible @Taleof2Cities ?

It simply means you making sure your current e-mail address is listed in your account info ... so access codes can be received promptly.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on January 6, 2021 5:14PM
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Hello @Roukoru

Please see this article for steps that may be able to help if you are not receiving your access code.

If the issue persists, then please submit a support ticket using the link in the article.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post