The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

@ Zos: Please look at vet Bloodroot forge...it's too hard for a lfg dungeon.

• Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The add pulls can make the dungeon long but in a pug I suggest the group communicates before engaging and everyone agrees to do what we call a death run which is literally run to bosses dragging all the adds with you and then dying, waiting for adds to clear out and respawning again. This cuts the time it takes to run the dungeon by more than half.

I HATE this so much. It's all anyone's willing to do in this dungeon anymore. Even on normal, when you pug it, you always get some schmuck who just runs ahead with no regard for the rest of the group. Some of us consider "try your best not to die" actually important. And seriously, if you don't want to do the fights, why are you in the dungeon in the first place?

I get it if your group wants to. I get it if you're just practicing the bosses. But I wish people would get out of the habit of thinking this is how the dungeon is supposed to be run, because they take it to pugs and it just ruins the experience for people who actually want to do the dungeon as intended.

There is a caveat here that I should have included with the original post. People who need to go slow to learn or because they are grabbing the quest need to speak up. I will be happy to drag you through every agonizing add pull of every dungeon all day long if only you would just ask. The 810 healer and tank that queued up together that we are running. With may need some convincing especially if they are queued together but often you get some willing to help people through it.

People willing to learn that are open to suggestion and catch on to mechanics right away we generally invite to a guild that that specifically helps people with this sort of content. Otherwise though if we queue into a dungeon and nobody speaks up I just follow the tank. I can tell if it’s a speed run or actual run in the first 1-2 minutes. I also see some adjust on the fly like if DPS is high they will pull everything, stop at a certain point, burn it all down and repeat. So for anyone that needs help or wants to go slow, speak up, otherwise you are at the mercy of whoever is actually leading the charge. I only run DPS so I’m at the mercy of whatever that pace is whether fast or slow and I am one of those that doesn’t mind either way.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are going to have a very low rate of success pugging most DLC dungeons on Vet, and news flash, that is how it should be.
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just grab 1 or 2 folks from a guild. vBRF is a pretty old dungeon and many will be willing to help. GL, OP!
  • Massive_Stain
    Massive_Stain
    ✭✭✭✭
    Recent wrote: »
    This dlc dungeon is crazy damage wise. If dlc dungeons are on looking for group dingeons then please dont make the damage so extreme. Pugs cant do it...our guildies were struggling....so many struggling...who do make these dungeons for? Please explain.

Yes yes i know some will say its easy...nah i wont accept that cos too many people struggling...

No game should be this hard that its depressing

Ty for reading

Make sure to not wear impen gear! Also, run damage on both bars for vet content - no resto staves on back bar!
    PC: CP 1200+ DroDest, Bringer of light
    PS4: CP 1500+ Dro Dest, SoTN, Bringer of light, CragHMs, EoF, IR, TTT
    Xbox: CP 450 Fungal Grotto 1 HM
  • Austinseph1
    Austinseph1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dungeons are really only hard if you have lower dps, the difference in difficulty between running with a group that has 80k dps and one with 30k total is astoundingly large. It's one of the reasons I almost never que on my tanks because things are always that much smoother when I run a high dps. It's the largest fault of eso that every fight can book down to how high your damage is and not how well you can follow the mechanics.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are we talking normal or Vet?

IMO many DLCs on normal are wayy too unforgiven for new players. One-shots like in moonhunter got no place in normal.

For Vet... Well.. It should be difficult.
    It's a hard dungeon no doubt and the group must bash when bulls chain and Tank needs to plant his ass in volcano's.

Moonhunter is insane even on normal. When I was running dungeons I ran vet all the time in all other dungeons and did just fine even with PUGs most of the time. Even with a guild group MH sucks on normal, too many mechanics that only allow a second or two to adjust to imo before they one shot you.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I remember a time when people complained that too many people were wearing Earthgore in PVP.

I think the hardest boss in Bloodroot is the witch, Caillaoife. Everyone else is mechanics and burn
  • OneWingedAnge7
    OneWingedAnge7
    ✭✭✭
    My issue with vet Bloodroot is there is one add pull before the big Minotaur boss, it's a nightmare. However the rest of it is easy enough, the hardmode is a dice throw however. Not a huge fan of it at all.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My issue with vet Bloodroot is there is one add pull before the big Minotaur boss, it's a nightmare. However the rest of it is easy enough, the hardmode is a dice throw however. Not a huge fan of it at all.

That is the hardest part, with both types of minotaur. You can just walk around that pull without fighting anything, there’s a path up the cliff to the right. Otherwise, make sure to unchain your tank quick if you want them to plug the volcano.
  • OneWingedAnge7
    OneWingedAnge7
    ✭✭✭
    Well guess who is doing this trick to no death it in future lol. It's a complete clusterf that one pull. XD
  • AshfieldLad
    AshfieldLad
    ✭✭✭
    Didn’t even intend to run this yesterday and ended up with a decent group in vom and leader put us in vet brf, got the speed run hm complete in a pug👌
  • Treb_U_Shae
    Treb_U_Shae
    ✭✭
    They already nerfed vBRF, specifically the giant cow that bangs his mallet on the ground. That fight was perfectly fine that way it was. Do normal random if you don't like gettingthe harder vet DLCs, but it is fine just the way it is, so please don't ask them to nerf one of my (and many others') favorite content.
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I ran vBRF 6-7times yesterday when it was the pledge. Because that's what I mostly do. I love dlc dungeons and I mostly pug. I ran it once as dps and other times as tank. Clear rate 100%. Only 1 group couldn't do hm, with the rest we did. Sold all the motifs.
    No dungeon is difficult if you know the mechanics. We even had few PVPers doing their 10k dps but still cleared easily.
    Just l2p, no need to nerf everything.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yet again... sigh.

It's fine, get some perspective of what you're doing and it would be a breeze, calling nerfs left and right for already nerfed and outdated content doesn't make it better experience for anyone if it's just you having no idea of what to do.

Maybe lfg is not your thing, each month new complaint for more nerfs might be an indication that you need to adjust a bit better to say the least.
  • Weesacs
    Weesacs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I would like to see an ADDITIONAL level tier added above normal and vet dungeons ... something like nightmare or something where there is continual oblivion damage and a healer is mandatory.

Just my opinion.
    High Elf Templar
    PS4 - EU - DC
    Over 37,500 Achievements!
  • KhajiitLivesMatter
    KhajiitLivesMatter
    ✭✭✭✭
    no its not to hard end of discussion.
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I pug pledges most of the time. I'm guessing you're missing some mechs here, the damage isn't unusually high for a vDLC at all. The trash fights have an unusually high amount of mechs compared to other dungeons, so I'd pay more attention to the stragglers, the shalks, and the minotaurs, as they all have at least 1 mech that will put out very high damage if not dealt with properly.
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Recent wrote: »
    This dlc dungeon is crazy damage wise. If dlc dungeons are on looking for group dingeons then please dont make the damage so extreme. Pugs cant do it...our guildies were struggling....so many struggling...who do make these dungeons for? Please explain.

Yes yes i know some will say its easy...nah i wont accept that cos too many people struggling...

No game should be this hard that its depressing

Ty for reading

Loads of mechanics have been simplified if not removed from BRF. It is much easier now than it used to be. I actually took a guild group through the other week intending to explain mechanics only to discover that many were missing and that a fair amount of dps trivialises what remains (note: I said fair, not godlike. I was healing and group dps was just shy of 50K). It's an older DLC and the game has matured beyond it. If you're struggling with it's difficulty, I'd suggest getting a group together and practicing. It's not entirely pug friendly, I agree, but it is very doable with enough competency.