The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

@ Zos: Please look at vet Bloodroot forge...it's too hard for a lfg dungeon.

Recent
Recent
✭✭✭✭✭
This dlc dungeon is crazy damage wise. If dlc dungeons are on looking for group dingeons then please dont make the damage so extreme. Pugs cant do it...our guildies were struggling....so many struggling...who do make these dungeons for? Please explain.

Yes yes i know some will say its easy...nah i wont accept that cos too many people struggling...

No game should be this hard that its depressing

Ty for reading
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are talking about the vet difficulty then it should most certainly not be nerfed for just any GF group to clear it easily. It is intended to be a challenge and should remain a challenge.

Find a good guild to run with. Life is much better when running with a more regular group than total strangers via the GF.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The other option is to manually select the dungeons you're willing to run randoms with in the group finder, @Recent.

There's no random reward for manual selection ... but at least you get to run the dungeon(s) you want.
  • Faiza
    Faiza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, if it were a normal I'd agree with you, but for vet you kinda sign up for that. I only do vet dungeons with certain folks for this reason.
    Edited by Faiza on December 3, 2020 5:34AM
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just do normals for your random dungeon until you're ready for DLC dungeons. Get 10 transmutes either way
    Edited by spartaxoxo on December 3, 2020 5:56AM
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vet Bloodroot is fine, maybe a little too easy now even. It was nearly perfect difficulty when it was first added.
  • caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know almost all damage can be avoided?
  • Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
    Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Any dungeon is only as easy or hard as the group that runs it, and I have pugged it many times on veteran as well. I would suggest reading up on mechanics and polishing your build further if you wish to conquer it on vet, but on normal simple knowledge of mechanics will suffice.
    Edited by Suna_Ye_Sunnabe on December 3, 2020 6:33AM
    Angua Anyammis Ae Sunna
  • TQSkull
    TQSkull
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seriously, stop asking to make dungeons easier just because you can't beat them. Learn to play, play with people who know how to play or use the queue for normal dungeons.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faiza wrote: »
    I mean, if it were a normal I'd agree with you, but for vet you kinda sign up for that. I only do vet dungeons with certain folks for this reason.
    Plenty of normal dlc is much harder than Bloodroot forge, as for vet I say its fine.
    Its so old most know the mechanics now.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve seen quite a few people not know mechanics on normal, however in my opinion normal is also not punishing enough. One high DPS can pull a normal group through there in such a way that you will never see or learn mechanics that hurt a lot worse on vet. Vet is fine the way it is. The add pulls can make the dungeon long but in a pug I suggest the group communicates before engaging and everyone agrees to do what we call a death run which is literally run to bosses dragging all the adds with you and then dying, waiting for adds to clear out and respawning again. This cuts the time it takes to run the dungeon by more than half.

After that it’s about learning/explaining mechs. A PUG may wipe a few times until you get the rhythm down. I suggest pug groups don’t go anywhere near HM at the end though. That takes coordination and communication because you are dealing with all the mechanics at once. A smart player can carry you through that fight on vet by doing the mechanics but HM you can’t purge anything in the final fight so you have to learn to use the arena space and dance around in some particularly tight quarters at times.

That’s all any vet trial is really is learning the mechs. I ran through this tonight with a premade group and we did the HM no problem. Wiped the first time because the burn was too fast and we stacked mechanics, second time we paced it better. After that went to vDSA with the same group and despite a few disconnects it went pretty smooth. Good groups make all the difference, with a pug it can go great or all kinds of sideways in a hurry. The difficulty of this dungeon is fine though. Use it as a teaching moment if people are willing to listen/learn. That’s how most of us learned it the first time ourselves.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only issue with brf is that stranglers will keep spawning their aoes 5 seconds after they are already dead. That's it.
  • highkingnm
    highkingnm
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you just want random rewards, do rand norm, otherwise you should get a proper group together for vet. Proper as in people used to vet dungeons, at least up to something like Cradle of Shadows. PUGing a vet DLC dungeon, even older ones like Bloodroot, is asking for a bad time. Guildees without experience in vet dungeons or who don’t play mechs are also going to be a bad time. Doesn’t mean the content needs a nerf.

Bloodroot is great difficulty wise. Still poses a challenge without being pure chaos (hello MHK HM). There needs to be some small group content that has a challenge in to it. Nerfing content so the average PUG can do it would instantly kill that, because most PUGs suck. Get an organised group of people who know how to play their role, then you’ll get to see the ‘actual’ difficulty of it as it is meant to be played.
    Edited by highkingnm on December 3, 2020 8:32AM
  • Grandchamp1989
    Grandchamp1989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Are we talking normal or Vet?

IMO many DLCs on normal are wayy too unforgiven for new players. One-shots like in moonhunter got no place in normal.

For Vet... Well.. It should be difficult.
    It's a hard dungeon no doubt and the group must bash when bulls chain and Tank needs to plant his ass in volcano's.
  • Stratti
    Stratti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I paid a year worth of the + , it cost a lot of money. I am very unhappy with the constant crashes and the overall state of the game. I regret it greatly and would not actively recommend anyone.

Story is barely unique and undercooked

Dungeons are not really anything new

New Trial was boring

PvP is better balance wise but keeps crashing.

Honestly, they need to reimagine this game, the previous content style used to be awesome but this feels like a rerun of I love lucy.
  • Rowjoh
    Rowjoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Recent:

You could simply not do that particular dungeon, and just select the ones you want or need to do - it's not as if there are any BiS sets there :)

If you are after a Random Veteran dungeon and are allocated one of the ridiculously hard dlc dungeons by the group finder, then again simply leave, go do other stuff for 15 minutes then try again :)
    Edited by Rowjoh on December 3, 2020 10:10AM
  • Scritchel
    Scritchel
    ✭✭✭
    Bloodroot has already been nerfed... a few times. owo
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The add pulls can make the dungeon long but in a pug I suggest the group communicates before engaging and everyone agrees to do what we call a death run which is literally run to bosses dragging all the adds with you and then dying, waiting for adds to clear out and respawning again. This cuts the time it takes to run the dungeon by more than half.

I HATE this so much. It's all anyone's willing to do in this dungeon anymore. Even on normal, when you pug it, you always get some schmuck who just runs ahead with no regard for the rest of the group. Some of us consider "try your best not to die" actually important. And seriously, if you don't want to do the fights, why are you in the dungeon in the first place?

I get it if your group wants to. I get it if you're just practicing the bosses. But I wish people would get out of the habit of thinking this is how the dungeon is supposed to be run, because they take it to pugs and it just ruins the experience for people who actually want to do the dungeon as intended.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • MrBrownstone
    MrBrownstone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure people run it for the monster set and believe me, that set isn't your first priority for improvement if you can't beat that dungeon.
  • Pterion87
    Pterion87
    ✭✭
    If you find bloodroot difficult, I would advise you never to play any veteran dungeon hm DLC, such as MHK, moongrave fane and especially frostvault or castle thorn. Never go near vBRP. Make normal content, I think it is optimal for you. If you go to veteran content, follow the directions that others gave you before me. Don't go with pugs, it's a waste of time and frustration.

Organize a group with people you know or who want to complete content of that style. I assure you that if you manage to find a good group, you would not be asking for nerfs, but more difficult and challenging dungeons. So play content that your ability allows, and let players who do like challenges, can continue to enjoy that kind of content, whitout nerfs, please.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    if it's'too hard' dont pug it
    get a group and learn how to win at it!
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Shewolf075
    Shewolf075
    ✭✭✭
    Please don't nerf as this has been done before. I've been pugging this vet dungeon since release and it's totally doable with a good group synergy. If folks ain't cut out for it then they have the option to leave and reconsider their builds. Bloodroot forge is actually really fun once you learn the mechanics and is not stupid difficult, it's challenging. When these dungeons get nerfed its the same old lack luster speed run.
  • mobicera
    mobicera
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please no!
    No more damn nerfs of everything that is enjoyable.
    It doesn't require it at all.
    Here is a crazy idea how about you form a group, not pug.
    Then each work on your character to improve.
    That is gear, awareness and rotation.
    I know effort sounds hard but it can be fun.
    But please, just please stop asking for everything to be nerfed just because you can't compete.

If I went in with the group I typically run with and we actually paid attention not just screwed around because it's an easy dlc we would trifectas the dungeon in a run with no healer. For me I want it more difficult....
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Get good......its easy once you know how :)
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no idea why people still do random vets or vet dlc dungeons past WGT without a group. Half the time you'll be wondering why the first add pull isn't almost dead after 30 seconds and then you notice the dds are snipe spammers. A lot of people absolutely refuse to learn and are happy to bang their head against the wall for hours until everyone else in the group leaves and the instance closes. If you want to make sure you get vet dlc stuff done, you have to only go in with friends. Trusting randoms these days isn't worth it anymore.

But if you still want to take a chance and wind up with a group that obviously won't make it past the first boss, just ask them to kick you so you don't have to deal with the 15-minute wait timer.
    Xbox NA healer main
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
    Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |
  • DarkPicture
    DarkPicture
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like l2p issue
  • nukk3r
    nukk3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recent wrote: »
    This dlc dungeon is crazy damage wise. If dlc dungeons are on looking for group dingeons then please dont make the damage so extreme. Pugs cant do it...our guildies were struggling....so many struggling...who do make these dungeons for? Please explain.

Yes yes i know some will say its easy...nah i wont accept that cos too many people struggling...

Ty for reading

This is a veteran challenge. If you struggle with it, then it's out of your league. You need to either practice more or settle for normal, which was designed for everyone.
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s actually been nerfed several times since being added to the point of even the hm being an easy clear. The hm is so easy now that I’ve cleared it without wiping with a group of first time pple in PvP gear.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recent wrote: »

Ty for reading
    Crazy damage wise, as in kick fake healer, yes its an one shot mechanic on second last boss but that is not that is well telegraphed.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • scorpius2k1
    scorpius2k1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good Group + Proper Mechanics = Success

An obvious and well known fact that forming a random PUG group that will synergize together properly is purely RNG, Guild/Preformed groups would have a much higher chance at success.

It's a tough one for sure and has challenged me quite good. Just keep at it just like any content in ESO to learn it properly and get a group that enforces it as well. Best of luck.

See Also: Ruins of Mazzatun
    🌎 PC/NA
    🐧 Linux (Arch)
    🧑‍💻 ESO Addon Dev
    ⚔️ Stamplar | Magplar | Stamcro | Magsorc | Magcro Healer
  • Grega
    Grega
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Recent
    It’s not. And second to last boss was the one that was nerfed to the ground.

I’m going to agree with everyone else and say you need to look into what you can do to improve rather than make the world bend to you.
    Edited by Grega on December 3, 2020 5:00PM