The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Update on Next Incremental Patch

• Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game freezes and crashes are still happening, perhaps with even higher frequency, since the incrememental fix. On PC/NA I crashed 3 times already today, while doing overland content, and it usually goes like this: ping spikes, game freezes, I can't interact with anything for a few moments, and then I get booted to the log in screen. Sometimes, I don't get a crash after the 999+ spike, but if it happens during a trial/arena run it usually costs me the run. It's been weeks already, it makes me apprehensive of entering places like vet trials or arenas, and Cyrodiil is out of the question. It's not just the crashes--the freezes/lag spikes have been happening constantly since DLC launch, they don't always cause a crash, but they are as frustrating to playing.
    Edited by Jaimeh on December 2, 2020 3:42PM
  • Ratinira
    Ratinira
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for addressing this, unfortunately it seems alot of people do not realize we are in the middle of a pandemic where you are all working from home, which probably makes fixes and development much more of a challenge. So thank you.

Plus people, spamming "FIX IT" on every post and hurling abusive things towards the devs isn't going to help.

Even thought it can be used as an excuse for throwing us half-working raw content that has to be fixed with half working patch that was released to fix the previous half-broken patch that was released in a hurry to fix things that are now to be broken for more than a month... but that is still very poor excuse...
  • SpoiledKid
    SpoiledKid
    ✭✭

Thank you for addressing this, unfortunately it seems alot of people do not realize we are in the middle of a pandemic where you are all working from home, which probably makes fixes and development much more of a challenge. So thank you.

Plus people, spamming "FIX IT" on every post and hurling abusive things towards the devs isn't going to help.

You know, we're quite a bunch that, some full-time, some part-time, work from home, myself included. However, the job remained the job. I don't have the luxury to work in a non-essential business, so what I delivered needed to be as clean and robust as before the pandemic. I can't even imagine what my boss would say if I had come with excuses like this.

On the other hand, as you actually well said, we're in the middle of a pandemic. Like 9 months into it! This is not March anymore, it didn't start last week.

And thirdly, most of the complaints are not aimed at whatever skin is not showing up, or whatever pet not working. This are game-breaking issues we're talking about, having to reboot the computer or the console because their program refuses to respond. So yes, +1 "FIX IT"!
    Edited by SpoiledKid on December 2, 2020 7:34PM
  • Pearly
    Pearly
    ✭✭✭
    I am really trying to be optimistic that this will fix the game. It's been a month and this patch has been nothing but a headache. I am wondering if ZOS can say how confident they are that this incremental is going to address the issues this time. I hope for their sake it does, because they're continuously losing our trust by being uncommunicative and giving us fixes that do not work.
  • FangOfTheTwoMoons
    FangOfTheTwoMoons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice communication! Thanks for the apology!
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This patch will include fixes for some of the more prevalent game crashes - including those currently being experienced in dungeons and Trials - some console-specific crash fixes, refunds for missing skill points for PC players, and a few additional fixes.

Can we interpret that there won't be fixes for PvP this round?

We'll be lucky if the patch helps prevent freezes and crashes in New Life.
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    twev wrote: »

This patch will include fixes for some of the more prevalent game crashes - including those currently being experienced in dungeons and Trials - some console-specific crash fixes, refunds for missing skill points for PC players, and a few additional fixes.

Can we interpret that there won't be fixes for PvP this round?

We'll be lucky if the patch helps prevent freezes and crashes in New Life.

I admire your optimism.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nice communication! Thanks for the apology!

I'm not holding my breath. :D
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Instead on doing ESO LIVE cooking shows etc when can we expect to see someone come to explain how it is possible that the game functions worse and worse each month?

It would be nice to see those persons do some console pvp while they talk to demonstrate how it is good idea to feed money into this mmo.
    Edited by Miswar on December 3, 2020 12:42PM
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miswar wrote: »
    Instead on doing ESO LIVE cooking shows etc when can we expect to see someone come to explain how it is possible that the game functions worse and worse each month?

It would be nice to see those persons do some console pvp while they talk to demonstrate how it is good idea to feed money into this mmo.

Gina Bruno and Jessica Folsom are customer service representatives not developers, why should they not do fun stuff like cooking shows?
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the commo. I'm sure all are bracing for it as always. I feel for you all at the dev and ZOS lounge, though. The game is truly expansive, and I'm sure it's quite the tasks to manage and maintain.
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LalMirchi wrote: »
    Miswar wrote: »

Gina Bruno and Jessica Folsom are customer service representatives not developers, why should they not do fun stuff like cooking shows?

I was not refering to them to give the answers and do the playing if you read it.

They do "host" that "show" and the game has some serious issues and many would love to hear some answers.
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any chance the Ancestral Reach motif leads will be fixed? I.e. as bonus antiquity excavation loot, like it says in the Achievement info, instead of exclusive to Treasure Map chests as it currently is?
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It'd be nice if the undaunted orbs synergy worked in PvP too
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Double_Jay wrote: »
    Sorry if this comes across as offensive or rude, but I was really invested in this game. I used to play PvP, but I've basically already been forced out of Cyrodiil and now PvE is broken too... It's just really frustrating and I'm trying to hold back, but I don't know if I succeeded enough in that.

I agree with you completely. It’s very discouraging. I haven’t played ESO in a year thanks to the performance issues on console (that have only gotten worse, evidently). I was very invested in this game at one point and had so much fun playing it, and it really sucks to see all that time, effort, and money completely wasted.

People keep bringing up the pandemic, but you know what? Other developers are managing to release and maintain AAA video games while working from home without the issues that people are experiencing in ESO. Also, these issues were occurring pre-pandemic. It’s not a very good excuse. [snip]

I think I’m finally done, and ready to turn away from this game and this forum for the last time. I can’t even give my gold away, because I’m too afraid that downloading this game again will brick my brand new PS5.

Way to ruin a great game, ZOS.

[edited for discussing disciplinary actions]
    Edited by ZOS_FalcoYamaoka on December 3, 2020 6:04PM
  • Lady_Titania
    Lady_Titania
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I am unsure if the team is investigating the issue already, but please look into fixing the ping problem many of us are experiencing now. My guild and I have never had issues with our ping, and as of late, we are now having severe ping malfunctions which is causing us to crash. With the undaunted celebration being released today, we are afraid we will not be able to enjoy the event because of this. Thank you for your time.
  • Chuck_Finley
    Chuck_Finley
    ✭✭✭

I've been playing since beta, and server stability has been a major problem long before the pandemic.

Also people have paid for gametime they cant use. ZoS hasn't reached out to me or anyone else I know to offer a refund or to add playtime to our accounts. We have received no discount on future ESO+ subscriptions. They took the money at full price for a game they can't provide with no pause in our paid gametime.

I understand people working from home puts greater stress on what they can get done each day at work, I'm working from home and understand it comes with limitations.

I've tried logging in 6 times in the last half hour and can't get into the game I am currently paying for. Saying to the team that took my money "fix it" seems like a reasonable response to the problem.
  • karliahquinn
    karliahquinn
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I'm paying for a game that I can't log into for more than 5-10 mins today.
  • Ashica
    Ashica
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Thanks for the apology..I think??
    I’ve been a avid supporter of this game and it’s community, loved every aspect weather that be PvE, PvP, housing etc
    Always gave ZOS the benefit of the doubt that they will do right by this amazing community who have stuck it out playing & continuing to pay for a broken game with the promise that they will “fix” things.

This month was the final straw for me.
    I already play with horrible ping and have a disadvantage when it comes to running more harder content but it never bothered me I’d just find something else to do until I can run that content but if it’s takes more than half an hour to actually log into the game then continue to crash at every loading screen ie wayshrines, dungeons, BGs etc why bother playing?

Let me ask @ZOS_GinaBruno Would you continue to support a game if it was like this? Would you continue to PAY your hard earned money on a broken game like ESO. This has become like a toxic relationship and the vet community is no more as we keep leaving in droves because of it.

My opinion is that they won’t “fix” the game but continue to milk it until the wheels fall off.
    They only care about getting in as many new players as possible because newer players spend more money on cosmetic items and crown crates.

This is really depressing loved this game gave a good chunk of my time and money & this is how it will end.

Gonna go cry into my plush Betty netch while I spend the next three hours getting kicked and logging back in just to get my daily reward.

Naetastic
    PC NA
    Naetastic - Magdk
  • Tehuantl
    Tehuantl
    ✭✭
    Fang Lair (Caluurion) crashed my whole group twice before we gave up. My RTX3080 sounded like a 747 taking off just before the freeze to crash. This is the only time that I have crashed so far in a dungeon, and the first in Fang Lair. And, no , it is not the card or its drivers.

The crash seems to happen in Fang Lair after he starts summoning the chains from the ground and the lightening effects.

Just not willing to go into these dungeons if this is what they do to my hardware while crashing. Since the release of this latest chapter dlc, and all the issues it created, I really have lost incentive to play and pay. Sorry if this sounds inflammatory, but if I can't play the way I want according to the way the game is supposed to work, then why do so?

This Fang Lair issue is not new, and I feel sorry for those who go into these dungeons who do not know about the issue, but get to experience the frustration. For myself, the last time I was in it it worked, now its a hard no.
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Of course you had problems in Fang Lair. The dungeon has known issues and like Scalecaller Peak and Wayrest Sewers 2, has still been left in the pool of dungeons to come up as a pledge. On the second "day" of the DOING DUNGEONS EVENT.

Imagine leaving known unfinishable content in there for a DOING DUNGEONS EVENT, and we have more if it to come immediately, because Scalecaller Peak is in the next set of pledges. Then we get one day's break where we can actually complete all 3 pledges before Wayrest Sewers 2 (which requires you to kill Garron to complete) comes up for the trifecta.

Three pledges in 4 days that won't be able to be completed by the majority of people running the content. Yay!
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

We’d like to give you an update on our plans for the next incremental patch. We recognize the most recently published patch for PC and consoles did not fix all the active game crashes you’ve been experiencing since Update 28 was released, and we’ve been hard at work identifying these crashes and working on getting them fixed.

In an effort to get this patch out to everyone as quickly as possible, we are currently targeting December 7 for the next PC patch and December 9 for consoles. This patch will include fixes for some of the more prevalent game crashes - including those currently being experienced in dungeons and Trials - some console-specific crash fixes, refunds for missing skill points for PC players, and a few additional fixes. Note that we do still plan to start the Undaunted Event this Thursday, December 3.

All patches are currently in certification; in the event plans change, we’ll let you know as soon as we can. We appreciate your continued patience.

And the six years before the pandemic?

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • thadjarvis
    thadjarvis
    ✭✭✭✭
    When the pandemic hit it brought two big challenges that brought with it lower expectations of performance for anyone reasonable.
    1) Influx of new users and user time increased
    2) Adjusting to maintaining and developing an MMO with a remote workforce

However, using Steamcharts as a proxy ESO usage seems to have returned to pre-covid levels. The inability to manage a remote workforce after almost 9 months, particularly in IT business, is not a good indicator of future product maintenance or development.

Moreover, those two are no longer great reasons for poor quality. Many businesses that can be remote (such as one's that only require communication and computer access) are increasing productivity and taking market share. Can ZoS fix this fast enough before they start to drop well below pre-covid user-base?
    Edited by thadjarvis on December 4, 2020 10:23PM
  • Almakor
    Almakor
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah my group also kept crashing and there is still no refund for skillpoint lost in werewolf demorph. If anyone can recommend a MMORPG game like ESO (especially ease of character control) that I can switch to I would greatly appreciate it. The should really just sell the rights to a better company.
    Edited by Almakor on December 5, 2020 4:22AM
  • WySoSirius
    WySoSirius
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC/NA

"An Unexpected internal error has occured. please contact customer service at help.elderscrollsonline.com

this is new , after being afk and getting logged out , i can no longer log into the game

Congratulations ZoS for adding more problems
  • ShadowWolf44
    ShadowWolf44
    ✭✭✭
    And it was determined that the Console patch fix, would best be implemented.... on a Friday Night/Saturday-early-morning, dead in the heart of everyone I knows, "Prime" gaming time. Yes, yes, this was thought out quite well... Wonderful start to the weekend/event.
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To be fair, they admitted they cooked the Xbox patch.

At least you have fixes now, PS4 still has to have 4 more days of broken event which includes today's Scalecaller pledge and Wayrest 2 in two days.
  • denmark20
    denmark20
    Soul Shriven
    Is ESO doing anything in form of compensation to the community? Especially those of us with ESO Plus memberships?
  • sean.plackerb14_ESO
    sean.plackerb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not one of those people that HATES stadia (if you like it for whatever reason, enjoy it all you want). But the fact that all patches are in certification is interesting to me. We all know Microsoft and Sony require a cert process for title updates, but we were told that there would be a 2 week certification period required by stadia for patches as well when ESO came to Stadia. Meaning the cadence of PC patching would slow down a bit. I wonder if the next PC patch could be rolled out already or sooner than it's going to be if stadia and the PC versions didn't have to be updated at the exact same time and be on the exact same build, because then Googles up to 2 week cert process wouldn't be a factor..
    Edited by sean.plackerb14_ESO on December 6, 2020 5:46AM
    @sean8102 - Carlore - Daggerfall Covenant
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    denmark20 wrote: »
    Is ESO doing anything in form of compensation to the community? Especially those of us with ESO Plus memberships?

I doubt we'll get anything to make up for the month or so worth of money that was essentially flushed down the drain. That's 16 bucks that I'll never get back.

What's really crazy is most companies have bug testers that get paid to find and fix stuff. Whereas with this game, it's the customers/players that are paying the company money to find bugs.

The patch should never have gone live, because it's literally been damage control ever since.
This discussion has been closed.