The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

AOE skills for one-hand

G_Ts
G_Ts
Soul Shriven
Some time ago i realized that there isn't a single "one-handed and shield" aoe skill. It seems pretty unfair because every other weapon skill line has at least one aoe skill. So my question is wouldn't it be logical and fair to make one of skills (like low slash or something else) aoe, because 1h-shield builds lack in versatility. In my opinion it would be cool to make builds with sets like errant-knight or some others alive with such change.
  • Noszet
    Noszet
    ✭✭✭
    Deep Slash is an AoE ability.
  • G_Ts
    G_Ts
    Soul Shriven
    Well it is necessary to have a target if im not mistaken; its not pure aoe like arrow spray, elemental wall or cleave, thats the point.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    G_Ts wrote: »
    Some time ago i realized that there isn't a single "one-handed and shield" aoe skill. It seems pretty unfair because every other weapon skill line has at least one aoe skill. So my question is wouldn't it be logical and fair to make one of skills (like low slash or something else) aoe, because 1h-shield builds lack in versatility. In my opinion it would be cool to make builds with sets like errant-knight or some others alive with such change.

If you have a shield (one of the strongest defenses in the game) why would you want an AoE Skill? Consider that 2H AoE provide some kind of mitigation at least in one of their morphs
    Edited by Xvorg on November 29, 2020 2:10AM
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The weapon line serves its purpose as a defensive weapon well. As Noszet pointed out it does have an AoE skill.
  • G_Ts
    G_Ts
    Soul Shriven
    Well it look like you just don't get the point and are looking narrowly. Mostly players think the same way "oH 1h AnD sHiElD iS TaNk"
    And one more time, deeps slash is not pure aoe.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why do you need deep slash to be a targetless aoe, out of curiosity?
  • Luede
    Luede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe you shouldn't make the game even easier, the entire healing process via AOE and non target abilitys is already a joke.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    G_Ts wrote: »
    Well it look like you just don't get the point and are looking narrowly. Mostly players think the same way "oH 1h AnD sHiElD iS TaNk"
    And one more time, deeps slash is not pure aoe.

Well, show us a proper Damage Dealer that used One Handed and Shield. Prove us wrong that it isn't a Tanking Skill line. And if you say, "well it could be if they changed X and Y" then its the same as me saying that anything else could be a Tanking Skill line if they changed "Z". Should have would have could have, but its not.
  • G_Ts
    G_Ts
    Soul Shriven

Well, show us a proper Damage Dealer that used One Handed and Shield. Prove us wrong that it isn't a Tanking Skill line. And if you say, "well it could be if they changed X and Y" then its the same as me saying that anything else could be a Tanking Skill line if they changed "Z". Should have would have could have, but its not.

I mean, snb used to be (and is now) pretty regular in pvp, so it means that you deal damage. So why cant snb be adjusted a little bit in order to give possibility to be dd with snb?
    Wouldn't it be better to bring versatility in game? I mean, tormenter set allows 2h-chars to tank at least somehow decently and that is a good idea. The only skill line which should stand apart (imo) is healing staff; even then it can be changed in modified. It just looks like dull consevartism to me that classes should be presented by certain weapon skill lines and classes (also sets)
  • G_Ts
    G_Ts
    Soul Shriven
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    Why do you need deep slash to be a targetless aoe, out of curiosity?

Well, in my [Snip] dreams eso becomes "targetless mmo" like new world. I know thats not happening, but that (making deep slash non-target aoe) would make gameplay kind of immersive; i mean you have to actually "aim" like when player is using brawler/carve.

[Edited for inappropriate content]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on December 1, 2020 2:34PM