The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Toggle hip/pelvic/butt flaps

rexagamemnon
rexagamemnon
✭✭✭✭✭
So i saw what supposed datamined material at https://esomodelviewer.com/data-mining/post/8-update-6-2-0-markarth-dlc-ancestral-imperial-and-ysgramor-styles
And after seeing numerous styles released in the past that do not have butt flaps on the armor my suggestion to ZOS is this: make all eso armor models with flaps and give the player to toggle what flaps they want on display. A toggle for hips, one for the pelvis, and one for the butt.
Upon seeing the datamined Ancestral Imperial armor; if this is to be the final model to placed in game for this motif, i was excited and at the same time disappointed. Many of the things wrong with the aesthetics of the tier 4 Imperial heavy armor are rectified with the datamined Ancestral Imperial Armor set. Yet at the same time they traded good aesthetics that were in the original Imperial armor for bad ones in the new ancestral armor.

Things that were bad about the imperial tier four heavy armor were as follows:
-the hip flaps made the males wearing it look like they had bulging hips.
-pauldrons looked great, but clipping would occur when the character took a fighting stance
-the helm instead of 2 tiny dots for the characters eyes to look through, a T shaped cross-section with a corinthian style nose guard would have made for a much better appearance
-in regards to the helm again, the mount for the horse hair crest/plume was way to big in relation to the horse hair crest. It looked strange and in the real world would have made for a cumbersome burden to have on top of your head.
(History lesson: roman soldiers did wear plumes on their helmets like that because the horse-hair crests you often see on the Romano-gallic helms of the 2nd/3rd century would make easy targets for enemy soldiers to grab hold of)
-the medium armor was all sorts of messed up as well as the light armor.
-the order of the hour armor looked like your character was wearing a dress, WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT was up with the subermalis under the lorica muscalata? It is down to the character’s shins?

Of all the imperial styled/themed armors, there are so many things wrong with them, no one at ZOS can seem to get it right. I could go on for a long time about this but i don’t want to make a thread that is a short novel. The point is this, once again the chance to make a great aesthetically pleasing Imperial style/theme armor is wasted.
The ability to toggle flaps on armors would go along way in fixing many armor aesthetics not just imperial styles. And this is just a small step in the right direction that could be made by ZOS to rectify their horrible fashion sense.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flaps and tassets are universally disdained, but as usual, ZOS is not interested in what the players want.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Faiza
    Faiza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigh I love the imperial and ra gada motifs but the flaps clip horribly on my two main personalities (duchess and angry)
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like a lot of the armor ZOS has designed, but I do wish there was the option to hide tassets and flaps (basically everything below the waist on a chestpiece) and SHOULDERS! Some looks work well with the armor as is but others, well, it is very difficult. Similarly, I appreciate that there are a lot of cool helmets, hoods and hats in the game but also the ability to hide your headgear instead!
  • Pearly
    Pearly
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. There are so many fantastic chest pieces that I would love to use, but don't because of how distasteful they look with those added pieces.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit and Argonians get no but flaps as they will clip seriously with the tail so its an option to remove them.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *sigh* Don't hold your breath son.
  • Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be so nice, so many armors are wasted because of the ugly flaps.
  • craybest
    craybest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i mean, they only need to not add it to every single piece of armor and the entire topic is solved. can't believe after all these years we're still having this talk lol
  • Ruhlf
    Ruhlf
    ✭✭✭
    I would also like this toggle. Please add it to an update ZOS (:
  • Winnower
    Winnower
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't even bother to try to get motifs anymore that have flaps.
    VR14 Templar, VR14 DK, VR8 DK, VR7 NB, VR1 Sorcerer;
    All 3 Alliances;
    2 Pre-order Imperial Accounts, yes that means 16 characters on NA alone
  • oriondean
    oriondean
    ✭✭
    I just dont give ZOS any money till they do what I want. and what I want is hide tassets. if the game goes down the tube. well add them to the pile of dev studios that didn't do what the players wanted, suffered for it, and wonder why they failed.
  • Muttsmutt
    Muttsmutt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i've been saying this for years- just make them actually touch the body.
    if they can't, then yeah, toggle off.

they're universally ugly & whoever made them- i hope you read this and feel bad.
    there's no way anybody looks at a floating hip pad and goes "this is appealing".
    which just baffles me as to why they exist in the first place.

remove them.
    nobody will miss them.
    Edited by Muttsmutt on December 2, 2020 4:13AM
    PC-EU // UNDEAD