The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Does anyone enjoy the vVateshran Minotaur boss?

• Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Can we stop with the grapple mechanics please?

It was fun in that one dungeon. It was something new and different.

It's so tedious on this boss though. Not to mention lazy content design. Like the boss isn't hard, it's just annoying turning into spiderman every 10 seconds.

Better then just stack and burn
  • PaddyVu
    PaddyVu
    ✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    It's the second boss in the green section. For what it's worth, I think that fight is an ill-conceived pile of garbage, because the boss constantly changes color and you barely get any damage in. Feels like a fight designed for a group - the kind that stops you from soloing a dungeon or world boss not because it can't be done, but because it's just so tedious. I got Flawless on vMA by the way - a place I quite enjoy.

Part of this may be due to being a PvPer. I will never get the highest scores in vMA, because I don't have the DPS nor am I interested in honing that. These days I go to test out my latest PvP builds, usually with only minor changes, against something consistent. As I play light / medium, fairly high damage characters, that works. I typically get a vMA score in the 400K to 450K range.

This fight seems to be designed for laying down ground DOTs in advance and doing as much DPS as possible, the kind of thing true endgame PvEers do. At the same time, as Alcast says, it's also a stamina-intensive fight, which actually suits PvP-derived builds. It's a pain in the behind for both types of players, the squishy high-damage PvEer and the somewhat tankier PvPer who brings some stamina sustain, even on a magicka build. At any rate, if you don't bring the damage, the fight is interminable. I hate how high-end content tends to be a DPS race. This is not a DPS check as such, but the longer the fight goes on, the more likely you slip up from sheer boredom.

U can just complete it as the boss first, on easiest difficult. Ez
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »
    Kwoung wrote: »
    zvavi wrote: »
    Kwoung wrote: »
    It is very hard (read impossible) for me to se what color the boss is for some reason, so I basically haven't been able to complete this encounter at all. It is the dumbest mechanic in the game IMHO. Had no issues at all clearing the other 2 areas.

Ways to know u need to change platform:
    1. His strengthening up animation.
    2. He summoned adds.
    3. He became immune.
    4. The NPC are *** talking you.
    5. He has a different colour than the platform you are on.

I mean. Do you need more signs (there are 2 fire and 2 ice platforms)

Yeah, I figured out the immune part, I have never seen the color change on the boss or the platform. Makes it kinda a PITA and waste of time when you are wasting your magicka then realize he is immune and have to change platforms. Add in the dudes you need to interrupt and you basically have little time left for DPSing the stupid boss.

But yeah, you're l33t and pown this game, I get it.

To be fair the color change is the least visible, I don't see it either, I wrote the signs in the order I notice them usually, the animation is one of the biggest signs for me because it is like 5 seconds he is not trying to hit me. And if I was by any chance dance bashing and don't see his change or the adds (and if I am tired and can't see the bar is greyed out) the *** talk from the NPC's make me notice (there are 2 lines they keep saying when it happens, and if you are on the wrong platform they just won't stop talking, they might start the line when you are already at the right island though, cause boss was on the wrong one)

Thanks, I will actually give it another go and try those tips. Will have to do it during the day I expect, so as to not wake the wife up. I generally have the sound off or WAY down at night when I do these sorts of encounters, as we play together and with friends earlier in general.