The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Simple zerg healer question

Octopuss
Octopuss
✭✭✭✭✭
I have my magden I like to use to get some easy zerg APs with, and figured a healing "build" would probably not only give me the fastest APs, but would be actually even somewhat useful (I am not a pvp player at all).
I am not very familiar with healing skills either, and am looking for somewhat universal healing/utility build made out of the basic skills (I don't have access to Psijic line for example).
Thus far I got me a 5+5 pieces of Transmutation+Seducer and dual resto staves.

Any input is welcome. Just keep it simple :)
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to make sure, you are aware of the recent changes limiting most heals to players you are grouped with?
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I don't know anything about pvp, so no.
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, most heals are restricted to group members in Cyrodiil now. There are some exceptions, but nobody can tell if these are working as intended or are just oversights that will be changed in the future.

Before this change, you could follow the faction zerg and spam, let's say Radiant Regeneration, to earn some AP. To do this now, you need to group up. The AP gain will probably depend a lot on what your group is doing.

With group size limited to 12 players, good groups (with good AP gain) will also expect you to pull your weight, which is hard for players with little PvP experience.

In short, these are hard times for ungrouped healers in Cyrodiil.

no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course I do intend to run in groups :D
    I've just had another idea, maybe I could ditch the whole resto staves idea, and just slot some Support+Green balance skills along with the usual offensive setup.
    Edited by Octopuss on November 23, 2020 8:20PM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Octopuss wrote: »
    Of course I do intend to run in groups :D
    I've just had another idea, maybe I could ditch the whole resto staves idea, and just slot some Support+Green balance skills along with the usual offensive setup.

You could certainly run that setup, @Octopuss ... but (like in PvE) you wouldn't be called a healer anymore. It would be more of an off-heals or support.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on November 24, 2020 3:37AM
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, yes. Thing is, slotting several healing skills is probably pointless in the first place, because they would mostly overlap.
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have my magden I like to use to get some easy zerg APs with, and figured a healing "build" would probably not only give me the fastest APs, but would be actually even somewhat useful (I am not a pvp player at all).
    I am not very familiar with healing skills either, and am looking for somewhat universal healing/utility build made out of the basic skills (I don't have access to Psijic line for example).

Your sets are fine. I use Gossamer, SPC, Curse Eater, & Winters respite depending what the other healer is wearing. I wouldn't use sets that paint a bullseye on you.

I would backbar s/b or maybe frost staff, 5L2H, tri glyph armor enchants, 28k min health, immovable pots (siege vendor sells them, grant stealth also), & food\mundus to fill in what is needed.

• Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why 2h and shield?
    Also, what kind of monster set is good for support/healing?
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The best thing to do if you aren't sure is to find a starter level guild to join. They will generally have some setups that they give out to people to run. Once you start to get more experience, its definitely worth spending some time researching the mechanics of the game, figuring out why you want to equip different sets of gear and the benefits they give to your allies then starting to branch out into more content like smallscale healing / soloing and more advanced groups.

Its very common that players get stuck at certain levels of gameplay without ever trying to learn more and instead blame things like lag / cheats as to why they aren't performing so well. So its well worth avoiding these traps.

For PC EU, I think theres a few groups on each side which are fairly beginner friendly with more 'zerg' based playstyles but I haven't played there for a few months. Meridia's Vanguard and The Daggerfall Authority on the CP server. Lokis Guarde and Daggerfall Bandits on No Cp
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, but I was looking for gear recommendation.
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why 2h and shield?
    Also, what kind of monster set is good for support/healing?

Resto staff & 1h/shield more defensive
    Resto staff & frost staff lil more aggressive (root, brittle, etc..)

1h/shield (s/b) back bar to turtle up. Many pvp healers use the s/b as a buff bar, defensive block/heal at the same time, a reset bar. You can also make use of a few skills like reflect or ult....healer is only useful alive 😉.
    Edited by Wolfpaw on November 24, 2020 4:32PM
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you want to heal ungrouped, I'd suggest using a combination of the skill "Nature's Embrace" and the monster set "chokethorn". I prepared a more elaborate build in the PvP section, but it doesn't work as well on a MagickaWarden, and more importantly, it requires the user to be an experienced PvP player.

If you are in a group, I'd suggest that you take look on the set "Curse-Eater", and that you equip the skill "Wall of Frost" on your backbar, as these two things reduce the amount of incoming damage whilst zerging significantly (up to 90% maybe; Pugs tend to use mainly projectiles and Dots while zerging).
    Edited by Thraben on November 24, 2020 6:34PM
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Curse eater looks quite nice.
    What else besideds Chokethorn can I get? I dug Sentinel of Rkugamz set from the depths of the bank, but 15s cooldown is meh. It's the best I have at hand right now though.
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Curse eater looks quite nice.
    What else besideds Chokethorn can I get? I dug Sentinel of Rkugamz set from the depths of the bank, but 15s cooldown is meh. It's the best I have at hand right now though.

I wouldn't use Chokethorn, unless it's the best you got.

Chokethorn is not a smart heal, or a heal that procs at X health. It will even heal a player that's already 100%.

Bogdan is nice since it's a aoe heal.
    Earthgore is soso, as most players are on the move or will run from the red aoe thinking it's a damage.
    Engine Guardian is a nice selfish set that procs from any skill use.
    Thurvokun I have yet to try as I don't generally pve, but I really want to test it out, looks helpful.

my 2c
    Edited by Wolfpaw on November 25, 2020 9:24PM
  • Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭
    1h&s resto staff. Battalion defender and hist sap on your warden. While you block you will heal yourself or teammate. You will be extremely hard to kill. Just hold block. When they're not hitting you heal allies. Enjoy.