The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Executioner and D Swing, why we don't have any similar for Mag builds?

UntouchableHunter
UntouchableHunter
✭✭✭✭
Executioner and D Swing why we don't have any similar for Mag builds?

EVERY Stam builds run Executioner and D Swing.

We don't have a mag skill line similar.
No Mag skill line as good enough for everybody run it.

And when we go to Cyrodill everybody is spamming this skills.
Or they nerf it or they give a similar one for Mag weapons
Edited by UntouchableHunter on November 20, 2020 5:04PM
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they'd make rapid strikes competent in PvP we would see more variety but anytime DW or S&B is competitive or on par with 2h there are a bunch of forum gulls squawking "Nerf Nerf nerf" in unison.

To answer your question I'd wish they'd increase the range on Vampire spammable by two or three yards and maybe increase the damage slightly.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find this matter to be in accordance with Western RPG tradition, where Wizards have access to a broad array of diverse skills, but a narrow selection of gear, and Warriors have access to a broad array of diverse gear, but a narrow selection of skills.

Whether or not this is, or should be, relevant in TES, ESO, or MMOs, it is true there are no non-class Mag skills as popular or generally effective as D Swing and Executioner, but in general Mag classes tend to run more class skills than Stam classes.

In past years this was more true regarding gear selection than presently, since we now have a Mag Fury, etc., but we see in the proc meta that Stam has a much broader array of effective damage proc sets than Mag. Granted for years Mag had a much better selection of Monster Sets.

Anyhow yes, buff all of the Vamp skills, besides the Ult which seems to be in a good spot compared to similar ults: Goliath / Sleet Storm / Corrosive.

Edited by Urzigurumash on November 20, 2020 7:17PM
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ah yes, the grand dream. To have 2 abilities every stam is using have equivalent on general magicka skill line so every mag can also be using the 2 same skills.

Last year and half standardization killed most variety in eso, what remains is the last piece, the forced variety between mag and stam. Don't wish for final nail.
  • UntouchableHunter
    UntouchableHunter
    ✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »
    Ah yes, the grand dream. To have 2 abilities every stam is using have equivalent on general magicka skill line so every mag can also be using the 2 same skills.

Last year and half standardization killed most variety in eso, what remains is the last piece, the forced variety between mag and stam. Don't wish for final nail.

So let's keep stam have the two best skills in the pvp game and mag don't because we need variations?

Can you see most people running Stam as main because this two skills? The variation is already dead.
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im not so sure giving mag dizzying swing is a good idea, but mag does have a universal melee magicka spammable, it just needs it's range increased.
  • UntouchableHunter
    UntouchableHunter
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they'd make rapid strikes competent in PvP we would see more variety but anytime DW or S&B is competitive or on par with 2h there are a bunch of forum gulls squawking "Nerf Nerf nerf" in unison.

To answer your question I'd wish they'd increase the range on Vampire spammable by two or three yards and maybe increase the damage slightly.

Stam weapons
    2h - have a execute
    2w - execeute
    Bow - execute

Mag weapons
    Destruction staff - no execute (please don't tell me impulse is a execute)

I see your point. But I really think mag need more variation

Edited by UntouchableHunter on November 21, 2020 2:06PM
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mag D Swing was the Master Destro reach, when all morphs cc'd. It was nerfed to make class skills more attractive and satisfy nerf mongers.

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Berchelous
    Berchelous
    ✭✭✭✭
    You expect something better from zos but you get the worse option and a nerf. For example, crystal weapon.
  • UntouchableHunter
    UntouchableHunter
    ✭✭✭✭
    Berchelous wrote: »
    You expect something better from zos but you get the worse option and a nerf. For example, crystal weapon.

I really believe the personhow take the decisions don't even play the game.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We really do not need to homogenize the game.
  • UntouchableHunter
    UntouchableHunter
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

The game is already homogenized EVERY STAM IS RUNNING D SWING AND EXECUTIONER
  • AMeanOne
    AMeanOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos sees threads like this and thinks hmm, we should make dizzy swing as useless as stone fist and crystal weapon.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You can always homogenize it more, as you are trying with this thread :D
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The game is already homogenized EVERY[b/] STAM IS RUNNING D SWING AND EXECUTIONER

I'm not. Not D swing. At all.
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • Berchelous
    Berchelous
    ✭✭✭✭

and malacath with 30k hp
  • UntouchableHunter
    UntouchableHunter
    ✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »

You can always homogenize it more, as you are trying with this thread :D

I was in Cyrodill yesterday. 90% of the fights against Stam class with D Swing and Executioner. They come and only D Swing + Executioner is a two buttons game.

Against
    Elemental Drain
    Burning Embers
    Talons
    Engulfing Flames
    Fossilize
    Slash

And light attacks.

We almost landed the same dmg.

I got your point, but ZOS can make a diferent execute types for Mag, don't need to be range, I play mag dk I'm in your face every time with bad mobility.

And again I'm not seeing every mag class running the same skill.

If we have one skill that every Stam class is running, something is wrong and really unbalanced.

Edited by UntouchableHunter on November 22, 2020 4:04PM
  • UntouchableHunter
    UntouchableHunter
    ✭✭✭✭

The game is already homogenized EVERY[b/] STAM IS RUNNING D SWING AND EXECUTIONER

But executioner for sure 👌
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we have one skill that every Stam class is running, something is wrong and really unbalanced.

Did you feel this way in 2015 though? For StamDK and StamSorc, nothing has really changed, we were spamming D Swing then, we're spamming D Swing now. Again, Wizards have a plethora of skills, Warriors have a plethora of gear, this is at least the conventional way of things.

Edited by Urzigurumash on November 22, 2020 4:48PM
  • PapaWeeb
    PapaWeeb
    ✭✭✭✭
    Berchelous wrote: »

and malacath with 30k hp

Try 40k
    PC EU
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you really want a highly telegraphed, easily avoidable, cast timed, clunky-to-target skill, I'm all for it, mag can have it lol.

Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's also worth mentioning, if it hasn't been, that S&B skills had a large damage nerf a while back, and 2h skills were buffed right around the same time. It almost necessarily meant a higher percentage of Stam damage would be done with 2h skills.
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Should I only be running Momentum? Would you then be happy?
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even with the average damage on Dizzying Swing being lowered due to the proc set meta, it still hits harder than most Magicka spammables do with a full stat build, while also providing easy access to an off-GCD stun (which is the biggest problem with the 2h skill line, IMO).

You could drop everything from 2h except Stampede and still get ludicrously overpowered damage on that bar through proc sets.
  • JonnytheKing
    JonnytheKing
    ✭✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    Even with the average damage on Dizzying Swing being lowered due to the proc set meta, it still hits harder than most Magicka spammables do with a full stat build, while also providing easy access to an off-GCD stun (which is the biggest problem with the 2h skill line, IMO).

You could drop everything from 2h except Stampede and still get ludicrously overpowered damage on that bar through proc sets.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN "while also providing easy access to an off-GCD stun "
    TWITCH jtk__gaming
    GM of Elder-Skills DC PVP Guild NA
    Main Toons
    MagSorc
    MagTemp
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »

WHAT DO YOU MEAN "while also providing easy access to an off-GCD stun "
    Dizzying Swing causes off balance, which gives you a 7 second window to stun the target by charging a "medium attack" for a split second while still going 100% full offense. Not needing to replace an offensive ability with a CC that does little-to-no damage is actually a pretty big deal when aiming for maximum burst and timing an ultimate that won't get blocked/dodged/etc...And at least in no-CP, most Magicka builds aren't going to be able to block for 7 seconds straight without severely impacting their stamina pool.
    Edited by wheem_ESO on November 23, 2020 10:52AM
  • Nebula_DooM
    Nebula_DooM
    ✭✭✭
    Trust me you don't want a dizzying swing for magicka classes. The skill seriously needs some help. So hard to land so the high damage is pointless. What ends up killing you is the procs and executioners tho
  • Scarkii
    Scarkii
    ✭✭✭
    i have no idea why people still complain about dswing, why arent people complaining about surprise attack, its a spammable with high damage that stuns, shreds armor and has no cast time
    "Even the slightest amount of courage can change the tides of War"
    Former DK main
    Characters - Templar - Sharaji EP/ DK - S'avira EP
  • West93
    West93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    D swing?

Surprise attack and biting jabs say hello.
  • West93
    West93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    D swing can be dodged and blocked, easily telegraphed.

Any decent player will do that.

Dizzy swing works only against potatos.

Executioner animation cancel doesn't work properly anymore it sucks against dodge rollers well fitted builds.

That's why I enjoy playing templar, it sucks because of potl and bl nerf, but still feels good to have biting jabs and not needing to use dizzy.

7 piece well fitted? You're out of luck son against jabs.

I do get rage whispers about jab spam, but I don't get that about dizzy spam.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Im not so sure giving mag dizzying swing is a good idea, but mag does have a universal melee magicka spammable, it just needs it's range increased.

Mag Sorc used to have it....hard cast Crystal Frags, lol.