The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

How is the game/PvP nowadays

accina
accina
I got fed up with the game performance and the developers overall attidue years ago and stopped playing. The introduction of proc sets was the last bit of nonsense for me.
How is the Cyrodiil today, is it any better?

And is the champion point system still there? Is there any point in coming back if you are years behind in CP's?

I really loved (while I didn't hate) the PvP in this game for the first 3+ years and still kinda miss this game.
  • Gaggin
    Gaggin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Performance is way worse than 3 years ago, the latest patch has random crashes throughout the entire game and zos doesnt even acknowledge it. The developers are in the cash cow phase of this game and are not motivated to fix it. There is zero reason for you to come back now.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    One thing -- you can PvP without CP. There's a Cyrodiil campaign for that, and I believe that's the only option for Battlegrounds.
  • accina
    accina
    Gaggin wrote: »
    Performance is way worse than 3 years ago, the latest patch has random crashes throughout the entire game and zos doesnt even acknowledge it. The developers are in the cash cow phase of this game and are not motivated to fix it. There is zero reason for you to come back now.

Damn. At least bring back the deers!
  • accina
    accina
    One thing -- you can PvP without CP. There's a Cyrodiil campaign for that, and I believe that's the only option for Battlegrounds.

Thanks for the info. I guess that the mana NB that I loved to play doesn't work without CP's..
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    accina wrote: »

Thanks for the info. I guess that the mana NB that I loved to play doesn't work without CP's..

If you wanna PvP in ESO, BGs are your best option. The performance is infinitely better than Cyro, no CP related issues to deal with, and constant action in each match.

I've seen several magblades do well enough. Just find something that works for you and roll with it.
    Edited by MurderMostFoul on November 17, 2020 9:25PM
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • AMeanOne
    AMeanOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If performance and proc sets are why you left before, then you will not enjoy the games current state. Performance is bad and just keeps getting worse, and 40k health builds with 2-3 proc sets are commonplace.
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Garbage
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Without any expectations you could come back :#>:)

In real the game was fun and i like the PvP since BETA for the first time too... but now its more worse then ever before. Nearly allways you just see heavy armored guys with 2-3 proccsets and a mystical ring, what increase the damage of the sets too...

Its brainless and simply no fun, if you like to test stuff and need to notice, that only METAplaying is possible. No diversity... Nothing and no reason to come back..
    DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're currently in another proc set meta, but it's different from the first proc set meta that I remember. You don't really see random, instantaneous 1-shots from Viper + Red Mountain + Selene's anymore, since all of those sets were changed a long time ago, but there are still a ton of proc sets everywhere. Many of the proc set users are also running high health and/or heavy armor, and fighting them 1v1 with more "traditional" non-proc set builds is oftentimes a lesson in futility (though certain classes can be exceptions).

I would also say that Magblades are currently one of the weakest classes in PvP, though you'll occasionally see one that does really well. The most dangerous that I saw lately was running with something like 28k HP in no-CP Battlegrounds, and of course utilizing proc sets (the Blackrose Prison Destruction staff for sure, but I don't remember what else). Ganking or bombing builds may also work well in Cyrodiil, if that's your thing.

Performance in Battlegrounds is usually decent, but can still get laggy on occasion. It's nothing like Cyrodiil, though, since you don't have giant zergs running around spamming AOEs everywhere; sometimes you'll just have abilities and/or Break Free not wanting to fire off properly. And, as another poster mentioned above, there's some issue that's causing seemingly random crashes now. On the bright side, the penalty for "leaving" a Battleground has been drastically shortened, so you're only locked out for 2 or 3 minutes by the time the game lets you back in.
  • Recapitated
    Recapitated
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here is how the game is performing: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/553251/how-playable-is-game-for-you/p1

ZOS has yet to comment about these crashes 2 weeks into the patch.

For PVP it depends what you like I guess. To simplify server calculations most of the RNG has been taken out of proc sets which means you can use them reliably in a burst combo or just stack 3 of them + Malacath. Since procs don't scale with stats or crit you don't lose anything by investing in health and sustain instead and you can slap 2-5 DOTs on a player from 28 meters away. 25k health is as squishy as people go in pvp with 40k being closer to the norm.

Personally this has driven me from BGs completely because procs are especially oppressive in no-CP. It doesn't help that you can no longer queue for the mode you want. I can't say how common it is for people to crash in BGs but if that link above is any indication it's practically guaranteed that one or two of the 12 players will not be able to play the whole game.

ZOS just finished 8 weeks of testing in Cyrodiil where they added various combinations of ramping costs, cooldowns on individual AOE skills, a global cooldown on AOEs, and limiting ally effects to group members. Cyro performance deteriorated enough because of lag and position desyncs that they wanted to see if any of that was helping and make decisions from there.

Their conclusion was that it made a difference on paper, but not enough to really make a dent in performance issues for the perspective of the end user. However they limited group sizes to 12 and ally-targeted effects to group members, meaning if you find a friendly at a keep fight and you're fighting two grouped players you can't cross heal each other but they can. ZOS says they did this because they liked the "behavioural changes" that resulted when that test was applied but they didn't elaborate on what those changes were and why they were good. If you were a solo healer in Cyro prior to leaving you can't do that anymore.

• Recapitated
    Recapitated
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will say that I doubt they're in the cash cow phase. They've invested too much in QOL and it doesn't make sense to actively antagonize your last remaining customers in Cyro by treating them like Guinea pigs if you don't plan on fixing the game performance.

But things haven't gotten better since you left so does it matter?
  • ivramirez
    ivramirez
    ✭✭✭
    Is good that we can now play with friends and also is good that we have the solo queue to have a rest from the teams that abuse from this game unbalanced AOE damage and disproportionate healing. (BG opinion as I won't recommend anyone to participate in CP PVP, the problem is even worse).
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In terms of performance the main campaign is terrible. So terrible that once it goes to hell it never recovers, even if you go to bgs your game will still be messed up.

As far as the off campaign and bgs the performance has been fine.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • ImSoPro
    ImSoPro
    ✭✭✭
    They’re exaggerating bro come back. The games in great shape :)
  • Gardarik
    Gardarik
    ✭✭✭
    ImSoPro wrote: »

Neither of the above is exaggeration:
    1. Procs are META, whether for stam or for magicka. Combine with the new two mythical rings which are to be grinded for long time and cannot be obtained without expansion and you have a highly effective build behind a wall of tedious grinding that will melt down most of other "non-META" builds.
    2. OP asked about no-CP, well the situation with proc META in non-cp is even worse.
    3. BGs get boring quite fast, more especially because you can only queue as solo and can't choose the mode you would like to play. They are not very popular either.
    4. Performance is terrible. Traffic is bottlenecked because of Akamai, ping is generally 50-70 ms higher for most players than 2-3 years ago.
    5. New "behaviour changes" are terrible (although some people do like them). It is much more difficult to paly as indie and joining a group is a must. If you want a more casual own-paced PvP without following the group leader and galloping all over the map just to spend a few minutes standing and sieging a keep's door (so called PvD), then you are at a disadvantage. And yes, you can no longer buff/heal an allied player that is not in group with you. Multiply this by the fact that the maximum group size now is 12, so the group members are more carefully picked for efficiency, resulting in slamming minmaxed groups against smaller groups or ungrouped players who cannot cross-heal.

Having taken into consideration all of the above, you will generally get the idea of the current PvP. PvE, on the other hand, is as always of pretty good quality. If you are into PvE, that is. There is bright side to PvP if you do not care that much about being good at 1vx etc, but the recent point 6 was the last straw for me. I stopped playing recently because of the lags etc. Having tinkered a bit with antivirus/router, I managed to make the connection more stable just to find this change and at this point I simply don't feel any motivation to join Cyro because it forces you into a group while I preferred being an ungrouped player while participating in activities with other players. I simply do not feel committing to a gameplay I feel is enforced and therefore less enjoyable.

You can log in and try but subscription at the moment is definitely not worth it.
  • ivramirez
    ivramirez
    ✭✭✭
    well, basically now we can play with friends which is good. the bad thing is again the unbalance combat. now the problem is the AOE damage and the unbalance/without counter healing. no way to play the game with teams that are abusing of this game glitch. AOE staking is an abuse and unbalance healing is an exploit.

1- we dont know why it takes so much thinking to understand that we cannot have 8 AOE skills hitting the same target at the same time with the same damage. we need a type diminish in return passive effect that once affected with a AOE skill (Permafrost) the next 6 permafrost have to have a 50 % damage reduction as long as you continue to be affected with the same skill. this apply with the rest of the AOE skill that people are abusing.

2- healing, simple, the counter of the healing was the defile and ESO people decided to reduce it. AOE healing also stacks with out any type of reduction when 3 people are spamming the dame heal adn skill...
  • ImSoPro
    ImSoPro
    ✭✭✭
    Gardarik wrote: »
    ImSoPro wrote: »

Neither of the above is exaggeration:
    1. Procs are META, whether for stam or for magicka. Combine with the new two mythical rings which are to be grinded for long time and cannot be obtained without expansion and you have a highly effective build behind a wall of tedious grinding that will melt down most of other "non-META" builds.
    2. OP asked about no-CP, well the situation with proc META in non-cp is even worse.
    3. BGs get boring quite fast, more especially because you can only queue as solo and can't choose the mode you would like to play. They are not very popular either.
    4. Performance is terrible. Traffic is bottlenecked because of Akamai, ping is generally 50-70 ms higher for most players than 2-3 years ago.
    5. New "behaviour changes" are terrible (although some people do like them). It is much more difficult to paly as indie and joining a group is a must. If you want a more casual own-paced PvP without following the group leader and galloping all over the map just to spend a few minutes standing and sieging a keep's door (so called PvD), then you are at a disadvantage. And yes, you can no longer buff/heal an allied player that is not in group with you. Multiply this by the fact that the maximum group size now is 12, so the group members are more carefully picked for efficiency, resulting in slamming minmaxed groups against smaller groups or ungrouped players who cannot cross-heal.

Having taken into consideration all of the above, you will generally get the idea of the current PvP. PvE, on the other hand, is as always of pretty good quality. If you are into PvE, that is. There is bright side to PvP if you do not care that much about being good at 1vx etc, but the recent point 6 was the last straw for me. I stopped playing recently because of the lags etc. Having tinkered a bit with antivirus/router, I managed to make the connection more stable just to find this change and at this point I simply don't feel any motivation to join Cyro because it forces you into a group while I preferred being an ungrouped player while participating in activities with other players. I simply do not feel committing to a gameplay I feel is enforced and therefore less enjoyable.

You can log in and try but subscription at the moment is definitely not worth it.

I was being sarcastic lmao. Also groups are back on BGs
    Edited by ImSoPro on November 19, 2020 6:12AM
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Cps are capped at 810,so anything beyond that is fluff. Not sure how much you have but it doesn't take super long to get there.
  • Joinovikova
    Joinovikova
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got fed up with the game performance and the developers overall attidue years ago and stopped playing. The introduction of proc sets was the last bit of nonsense for me.

And is the champion point system still there? Is there any point in coming back if you are years behind in CP's?

I really loved (while I didn't hate) the PvP in this game for the first 3+ years and still kinda miss this game.

this game slowly becamig total garbage... cyro is unplayable when ball groups comes :D character do not react properly only u can play is also no brain iq one button AOE spaming>. really fun to play :D.. IC is full of 40k WW packs .. BG 50% pop are 35k malactrh stam warden MMR system do not work I ussayl get team memebr who did 10% of my dmg how i can play with them>???

PVP generally .. is now about malacath heavy armor and stack procsets so wardens are now more op than mag sorc on release .. they have better modifier to dmg of proc sets, super health based heal .. and great defense... if u try to pay anything else u simply cant be competitive.. its fun when 35k proc stack warden have better busrt then my all in gang blade :D

ZOS total ignore comunity feedback and behave eally arogant to players.. ( start to remove constructive critic topics.)
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭
    Save yourself the aggravation and don't come back.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're console (specifically xbox) you should come back - there's no MMO that can compare on Xbox

If you're PC.... Well id do it if you're a big elder scrolls fan.

Im xbox and can tell you with our limited selection you wont find a better experience
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • aslancik12
    aslancik12
    ✭✭
    its VEEERRRY GOOD FOR US.

THERE are so many noobz nowadays.Everybody crying bcs of proc sets ,ww or other things.IF you dont know how to play against meta,OFC thats gonna be hard for you to play against metappl.You guys just need to stop crying and do your builds better.Me and my group (5 ppl total) we can easly kill a ball group without meta sets.its all about your playstyle and your mates.

Good luck guyz.
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At all what i know, this is another bad issue: With 2H staminabuild its very easy to wear a very defensive build while i am able to dead deadly damage in a short combo..
    With a magickabuild i need to wear light armor to bring same damagenumbers and there is no way to bring the same burstdamage in that short time with few classes..

It shouldnt be that heavy armor on a staminabuild is king... This issue isnt new, but its boring, because all the staminabuilds are near the same..
    No idea why :D (irony off)
    DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They removed deathmatch specific queue, eso is now over for me as all the other options for PvP in this game are just not good or not worth the time.
  • Berchelous
    Berchelous
    ✭✭✭✭
    I should admit that sometimes cyro is fun but it is rare nowadays due to things that are not your fault such as lag, desnycs etc. One thing i do not like beside all the proc meta is that light and medium armor is nearly non-existant because it is hard to count on low resistances and shield, kite etc with this lag. Also if you are playing magicka class you will struggle because light attacks with staff %99 do not go off due to lag.

This game's pvp will probably die as soon as a good mmorpg with large-scale pvp comes out.
  • Berchelous
    Berchelous
    ✭✭✭✭
    aslancik12 wrote: »
    its VEEERRRY GOOD FOR US.

THERE are so many noobz nowadays.Everybody crying bcs of proc sets ,ww or other things.IF you dont know how to play against meta,OFC thats gonna be hard for you to play against metappl.You guys just need to stop crying and do your builds better.Me and my group (5 ppl total) we can easly kill a ball group without meta sets.its all about your playstyle and your mates.

Good luck guyz.

What are you guys using as class, builds etc?
    Ball groups are unkillable most of the time because they bring the most powerful weapon with them: Lag.
  • ivramirez
    ivramirez
    ✭✭✭

this game slowly becamig total garbage... cyro is unplayable when ball groups comes :D character do not react properly only u can play is also no brain iq one button AOE spaming>. really fun to play :D.. IC is full of 40k WW packs .. BG 50% pop are 35k malactrh stam warden MMR system do not work I ussayl get team memebr who did 10% of my dmg how i can play with them>???

PVP generally .. is now about malacath heavy armor and stack procsets so wardens are now more op than mag sorc on release .. they have better modifier to dmg of proc sets, super health based heal .. and great defense... if u try to pay anything else u simply cant be competitive.. its fun when 35k proc stack warden have better busrt then my all in gang blade :D

ZOS total ignore comunity feedback and behave eally arogant to players.. ( start to remove constructive critic topics.)

This man here is right. WE NEED BALANCE!

Warden class: the only class in the game that can do these following things without any way to stop/interrupt them. Continued AOE DAMAGE (PERMAFROST), Continued AOE HEALING/Damage/CC (Artic wind), massive AOE damage and major fracture without targeting (subterranean assault) ALL these at the same time the the player can MOVE and spam LIGHT or HEAVY ATTACKS!
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thought stamen lost fracture from sub
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Mike0987
    Mike0987
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing this patch does is ensure you create a ball bomber group. If you don't have that, your team will wipe to those that do. In other words, if you are not on a healer, bomber, or negate, don't bother getting into the group. If your stam based your just a vd proc.

What next? Soul gems and tents only work for group members?

PVP got kicked in the trashcan for many players. Now I'm faced with what to do. Maybe I'll join a role playing guild since there is little else left to do.
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't forget the netch of wardens. ONE skill providing THREE zero cost benefits: free cleanse, free buff, free regen.
    No improvement on Cyrodill servers -> no ESO plus renewal.