The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Why the change to group size and limiting healing to groups is a good change

• renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I haven't been in Cyro except on a new toon to get a few extra skill points for the starter quests since this was changed on console. I just don't have the heart for it anymore.
    Options
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xuhora wrote: »
    why the change to group size and limiting healing to groups is a bad change

it forces a change to a viable playstyle which has been arround since game released. not every support has to be in a group to feel "needed", some of us enjoy running arround on our own, without blindly following a crown (which not allways is a good leader).

it leads to situations, where a healer is literally useless, even if he is grouped up. for example in a busy defending szenario, where some of the group die, the others are on a wall trying to defend against the ballgroup which got inside the first gate and 2 are like 10 kilometers away because they dont have rapids anymore to catch up. so I as healer stand there, nothing in range to heal, while i have to watch my fellow alliance defender dying left and right of me without beeing able to do anything

it does NOT change anything in the current performance of cyrodill as stated by the devs themselfs. and i think that it buffs organized ballgroups, since they dont feel the change as they were running the optimal healer/support roles anyways, while it even easier for the to run over 3 or 4 groups of pugs, because for pugs crosshealing is essential.

I agree. I think the change hurts new and less experienced players the most and “ball groups” not at all. Often groups will converge at a keep in a fight and there may not be time or desire to combine into one group but it sure would be nice to support everyone in the fight. It seems oddly punishing to healers since everyone obviously benefits from damage done by allies.

I recall reading comments from people who were frustrated that their heals went to others than for whom was intended. If it wasn’t that it would probably be extra server work, I would say an ideal solution would be a setting switch for whether you wanted your heals to go to group or all allies or set some priority.
    Options