The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Blue screens everywhere on PS4

EpicHero
EpicHero
✭✭✭✭
Hi guys,

While doing 2 dungeons after the patch today, we had 8 times someone in the group crash with a blue screen on PS4.
Two people crashes 3 times, 1 person twice (PS4 Pro) and one person not at all (Launch PS4).

I'm just putting this out there, see if this is happening to more console players, or if it was just a really really really unlucky night.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on November 15, 2020 7:50PM
  • perfiction
    perfiction
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Open bug reports subforum and look for crashing or crash keyword. It's happening since Markarth update, PC players are experiencing this for some time already. Multiple reports of crashing, but ZOS stays silent and they didn't acknowledge this issue yet.

Guess crashing will be more common for console players, so maybe after even more reports they will notice that something's wrong.
    Edited by perfiction on November 10, 2020 3:42PM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I noted in another thread that I ran one of the pledges today and we had no problems at all.

I did get a blue screen after doing daily crafting writs on my first toon when I went to open the door to the bank in Riften.
    Hadn’t been logged in more than five minutes.

Had to relog on another toon in PvP because it seems the stamina mount bug is back for her in Cyrodiil.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• EpicHero
    EpicHero
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did 8 random dungeons this morning, and not a single crash from anyone...
  • kilroy5250
    kilroy5250
    ✭✭
    Crashed 8 times last night on two different toons within 2 hours. In delves, fighting world bosses, decon items. Sometimes it would blue screen, other times it would just freeze.

I rebooted PS, cleared cache and finally removed the app and downloaded it again. It took ages to download, so not sure if that fixed it. Will find out tonight I guess.
  • HushAzrael
    HushAzrael
    ✭✭✭
    [quote="kilroy5250;c-7016178"
    I rebooted PS, cleared cache and finally removed the app and downloaded it again. It took ages to download, so not sure if that fixed it. Will find out tonight I guess.[/quote]

Update us if that helped, because I have lots of friends with crap Internet that can’t afford to do it unless it works!
  • kilroy5250
    kilroy5250
    ✭✭
    No Bueno. Still DC and glitching.
  • madrab73
    madrab73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact they rushed making changes to PS4 probably didn't help even with the ridiculous maintenance on EU server. Performance only got worsewith everyone being kicked from the group when joining with error 318 along with bluescreen crashes. Why implement changes on PS4 when testing was only done on PC?
  • Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last nite in Cyro there was more blue than usually. They took over my whole screen 3 times in 4 hours.
  • BPBARR_
    BPBARR_
    Soul Shriven
    Crashed with a blue screen 5 times across 2 different public dungeons. 3 times during Rulanyil’s Fall (Greenshade) and twice in Root Sunder Ruins (Grahtwood). The second crash in both instances were on the loading screen having selected character after restarting.
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is literal nonsense..can we get some kind of acknowledgment here ZOS? @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by vivisectvib16_ESO on November 12, 2020 12:34AM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hope you don’t mind me adding to this thread with some similar bugs as well.

Several times today I had my PS4 Pro freeze up for several seconds and a loud screeching sound came out of the speakers of my stereo system. It looked like the game was going to crash, but it didn’t.

After maybe ten seconds the game unfroze and started working again.

First time this happened I was fast traveling, the next time I was trying to open a lock on a treasure chest. Can’t remember the others.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• fced
    fced
    ✭✭
    You forgot freezes in dungeon which don't create error report...
    Game is awful since this so well called maintenance patch...
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    fced wrote: »
    You forgot freezes in dungeon which don't create error report...
    Game is awful since this so well called maintenance patch...

If you’re replying to me, I didn’t have any crashes.

The game froze but restarted several seconds later, several times during the day.

I never had to close app and relog.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• notachik
    notachik
    ✭✭✭
    I get the occasional freeze with a buzzing sound..so time it gets thru other times no and it when the game is loading something
  • madrab73
    madrab73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Four blue screen crashes in 3 1/2 hours. Cleared the cache on the PS4 this morning.
  • madrab73
    madrab73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    madrab73 wrote: »
    Four blue screen crashes in 3 1/2 hours. Cleared the cache on the PS4 this morning.

Make that 5 loading back in
  • AgaTheGreat
    AgaTheGreat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gee, another November patch introduces blue screens. When have I seen it last?

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/501021/blue-screens-in-trials/p1
    PS4 EU Aga_The_Grey - retired | PC EU AgaTheGreat
  • Avoranti
    Avoranti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve had 3 game crash errors on PS4 NA. CE-34878-0

Two of which just happened back to back in Sancre Tor (main story quest). I currently can not log past the character select screen without getting the error again.

The game has also froze on me roughly 3-4 times with loud audio buzzing. During harrowstorms, there is a loud boom that happens (same sound as when it spawns or ends) that literally causes the sound to cut out for several seconds. Once it cut out and never came back. Had to relog.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    On PS4, EU or NA servers, the game might crash at any point since the latest patch.
    This is where my game froze or was gone to blue screen:

- dungeons (blue screen)
    - fighting an overland mob (froze or blue screen)
    - loading char (froze)
    - opening the crown crate acquired from yesterday's ZOS stream (froze)
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Another thing that has started again since last patch: the annoying sound bug when fighting dragons aka the endless roar
    Edited by redlink1979 on November 14, 2020 12:10PM
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • pay4vue
    pay4vue
    ✭✭
    Same multiple blue screens and screen freezes in trials and dungeons. On ps4 -NA.
  • JessPushToPlay
    JessPushToPlay
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, good- I'm not the only one! I experienced this yesterday (11/13/20), I wasn't aware it was a ESO thing. I was thinking it was a PS4 issue.
    PC & PS4 | NA
  • JessPushToPlay
    JessPushToPlay
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, good- I'm not the only one! I experienced this yesterday (11/13/20), I wasn't aware it was a ESO thing. I was thinking it was a PS4 issue.

To clarify, though-- this occurred for me while I was fighting a World Boss, not in a dungeon or trial.
    PC & PS4 | NA
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ON PS4 you can now even crash for just being in the inventory screen...
    U28 turns out to be a trash patch screwing up the game... :s
  • epeira8
    epeira8
    Soul Shriven
    It’s getting ridiculous. Bf and I are in Root Sunder and he’s blue screened about 4 times in a row. He never has issues with his game. I’ll get kicked but it may be my internet though I’ve blue screened since this last patch as well...
  • Recast85x
    Recast85x
    ✭✭
    Vhof tonight had every member of the group DC one after another for 20 minutes before we disbanded.

Scalecaller is unable to even be completed
  • Rehdaun
    Rehdaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    notachik wrote: »
    I get the occasional freeze with a buzzing sound..so time it gets thru other times no and it when the game is loading something

/s
    The freeze and buzzing sound is my absolute fav.

Sounds like electronics frying to me. How a game can even produce that type of sound if beyond my comprehension.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As there are currently multiple threads discussing blue screen crashes after the latest update, we've decided to close this thread. You can continue discussion and find troubleshooting in the thread linked below.

Blue screen PS4 EU after choice char
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.