Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Frost Shield (Wall of Elements) Visual way to dominant

ExoY
ExoY
✭✭✭
As stated in the title, in my opinion the visual effect for the new shield (applied by wall of elements with frost staff) is way to dominant.

In PvE-Raids and in PvP in general it is very annoying, because a lot of other effects and animations are barely visible anymore. Especially when multiple people with the shield stand close together.

I feel the animation should be scaled down or changed entirely.
What do you guys think?
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely scaled down, animations should reflect on what is going on, and that shield that protects you from projectiles only, quite frankly, is [snip] useless in most scenarios. The effect is much more grandiose than undaunted shield synergy, that actually protects you.

[Edited for Censor Bypass]
    Edited by Psiion on November 12, 2020 2:42AM
  • Calypso589
    Calypso589
    ✭✭✭
    ONE BILLION PERCENT THIS!!!!!

The effect is way too crazy.

It should be more subdued like Mighty Glacier.

Check it out. This would be way better.

https://youtu.be/T2A7qmR-Dlc?t=31
  • ExoY
    ExoY
    ✭✭✭
    The Mighty Clacier effect looks fitting.
    Maybe include a little bit more "frostiness".
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    100% agreement.
    While the shields look cool, they make it very difficult to follow the battle...
    Especially tanks and healers often do not see anymore what is actually happening.
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed this as well during a WB battle some random came up and cast the ability and it was quite startling when unexpected tbh lol
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, the visuals are too intrusive, especially when affecting multiple allies. I wouldn't mind if they removed it entirely.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I threw down a frost shield and agree the visual circles are too obtrusive. And the shield is a joke (projectiles only? pffft). Don't get me started on the ice staff changes. My magward switched from ice to lightning staff after the change. Nuff said.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Completely agree, it's too much in raiding environment and dropping frames way more than any other effect before which is already a problem. It's also looking too dominant comparing to it's limited use and almost non existent effect.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree as well. It looks cool but too intrusive when used on allies. I found it mildly useful so far. I expected it to be an actual damage shield though. Not just projectiles.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

My debut album on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@Gleandra/videos
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a tank I turned the combat alerts on the original UI to always on. There is just to much visual noise to see anything.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, this icy shield is way too big and obnoxious.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Lunerdog
    Lunerdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, did a dolmen last night and couldn't see the mobs because of all the dratted frost shields, when templers chucked blazing spear or repetance etc they light up the frost shields like a Christmas tree.
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    (Creeps in nervously....)
    Whispers, “Personally I think it looks so freaking good, especially combined with the visuals from Ice Heart and Winterborn. Please, please don’t change it 😇”
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh, certainly no worse than combat pets.
  • Calm_Fury
    Calm_Fury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Completely agreed!

The animation for the shield start and the shield explodes is way too strong.

With the current bugs in animation, it is even a little bit disorienting. I've switched to Lightning staves for easier dungeons just because the shield flashes are really distracting.

It also drops my FPS by about 15 frames every single time I use the skills.
    Edited by Calm_Fury on November 11, 2020 3:37PM