The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Werewolves vs Keep Doors

Tendoshii
Tendoshii
✭✭✭
Werewolves need to be able to tear down keep doors. They can’t use siege so let them tear the doors down. Imagine how awesome it’d be to see a pack of wolves ripping at the doors to get in. The doors degrade and you can see them slashing and clawing to get in. Make it happen, ZOS!
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds good, I like the idea.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Not a good idea. I think it would be sad to see WWs crying and whining in Cyrodiil from all the splinters in their paws.

Well, actually, they would have problems removing them making them easy AP.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thankyou. There is a reason the siege cap exists and if werewolves could tear down the doors.... Oh boy you're in for a treat. You think bursting down doors is a problem now then wait till you get a coordinated group blasting the door with siege while a squad of werewolves are tearing away.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO.
    WWs are already storming Cyrodiil.

I don't want to see a hunting range that those already op wws now with abilities of siege weapons hunting everyone. It's not what the game should be played.
    No improvement on Cyrodill servers -> no ESO plus renewal.
  • Muzza45
    Muzza45
    ✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »
    No thankyou. There is a reason the siege cap exists and if werewolves could tear down the doors.... Oh boy you're in for a treat. You think bursting down doors is a problem now then wait till you get a coordinated group blasting the door with siege while a squad of werewolves are tearing away.

I've got a much better idea...!
    How about we introduce a large hammer that someone can equip and smash down walls at a really fast rate, even though the attackers may be at siege cap?.... oh wait...
  • Spearpoint
    Spearpoint
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, please no! In essence, I like they idea and I can see what you are hoping for.

But practically speaking; an entire WW zerg, with two wolves each, completely ruining keeps.. All defending players would DC as a side effect, making takeovers even easier.

However, the only feasible way to implement this would be for the big bad wolf puffing om the door, to count as a Siege..
    And that would be rather odd, don't you think? :D
    Arinwyn ~ Cute Wood Elf Archer
    Wardena ~ Frost Wardeness [Died alongside Arctic Blast]
    Dry Spell ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ
    Dark Heart of Skyrim 🍺
    Bomblebee ~ cya'll out there
    Bouncing Betty ~ Front Toward Enemy
    Spearpoint ~ Jab Them With The Pointy End
    Six Feet Above ~ Reapertime!
    Bisolar Disorder - Bright & Moody
    Django Unleashed ~ Mr. Nordic Bather's Towel
    Master Angler ~ Struggles With Ichthyophobia
    Ichthyophobia ~ Secretely Dreams of Becoming a Master Angler
    Lol Brb

"Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." — Queen Ayrenn
  • Saubon
    Saubon
    ✭✭✭
    Tendoshii wrote: »
    Werewolves need to be able to tear down keep doors. They can’t use siege so let them tear the doors down. Imagine how awesome it’d be to see a pack of wolves ripping at the doors to get in. The doors degrade and you can see them slashing and clawing to get in. Make it happen, ZOS!

This is great idea. And I'd give them ability to grab AD players and use them as a shield
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Muzza45 wrote: »
    Vevvev wrote: »

I've got a much better idea...!
    How about we introduce a large hammer that someone can equip and smash down walls at a really fast rate, even though the attackers may be at siege cap?.... oh wait...

We don't talk about that hammer....

And it only shows up once every so often while werewolves are ever present. >.>
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Would be neat if they introduced hircines ring into the mix, allows the behemoth werewolf the ability to grant permawolf and allows nearby friendly werewolves to damage front doors.
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, remove the health based heal and replace it with this =)
  • Kory
    Kory
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chrlynsch wrote: »
    Would be neat if they introduced hircines ring into the mix, allows the behemoth werewolf the ability to grant permawolf and allows nearby friendly werewolves to damage front doors.

hell yeah
    Yeah, remove the health based heal and replace it with this =)

With the amount of poison damage WW takes that heal is vital, and they should probably where Heavy armor sets for more protection , because WW can get dropped otherwise. In PVE too.

Just run from a group of WWs though as a solo player :D
  • Tendoshii
    Tendoshii
    ✭✭✭
    Werewolf zergs should be feared and your wooden doors shouldn’t completely save you.

It’s a race for them, too. They have to get in before the transform back!
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip] This is just another perfect reason for werewolf ultimate to be brought in line with others and end after 20 seconds like other transformation ultimates.

[Edited to remove Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on December 1, 2020 2:59PM
  • iksde
    iksde
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tendoshii wrote: »
    Werewolf zergs should be feared and your wooden doors shouldn’t completely save you.

It’s a race for them, too. They have to get in before the transform back!

ok but give us at once back old evil hunter with chance to proc for additional dmg against WW's and dawnbreaker dealing additional 60% more damage against them or traps or something else to fight with them effectively
    as when there is coming new fear, danger people wont just sit and wait for slaughter instead trying to adapt to fight against this, yes?
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chrlynsch wrote: »

Behemoths needed to be playable yesterday.
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
    Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.
  • Noldornir
    Noldornir
    ✭✭✭
    I like the idea, imho all WW skills should damage doors (not walls maybe) by a given amount (adjustable to avoid being too OP compared to other options)