The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Where do I find the new PvP Recipes?

• Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What kind of Boost?

The recipes provide an AP boost towards the Alliance skill lines.
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone found one of these from a Cyrodiil delve? Can anyone confirm if these are tied to the resource nodes? I have seen comments in this thread stating they do and dont.
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • MissPan3024
    MissPan3024
    ✭✭✭
    I have been farming nodes for 2 weeks, hours a day. Nothing yet. I’m giving up on this one. A base recipe should not be as rare as an Aetheric Cipher. Now what to do with all of the Telvar I farmed to buy the next 2 recipes....not to mention all of the Cyrodiil citrus I farmed.
    As a crafter who is obsessed with collecting all recipes and furniture plans I found this really disappointing. I have farmed rare Ayleid plans far more quickly than this “base level” recipe. The drop rate needs adjustment.
  • Faiza
    Faiza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been farming nodes for 2 weeks, hours a day. Nothing yet. I’m giving up on this one. A base recipe should not be as rare as an Aetheric Cipher. Now what to do with all of the Telvar I farmed to buy the next 2 recipes....not to mention all of the Cyrodiil citrus I farmed.
    As a crafter who is obsessed with collecting all recipes and furniture plans I found this really disappointing. I have farmed rare Ayleid plans far more quickly than this “base level” recipe. The drop rate needs adjustment.

I'm a bit sad too, to be honest. I have a ways to go yet but I'd really like to be able to 100% my recipe book and furnishing plans. It seems like I'll definitely end up paying a few million gold for this because I haven't had luck after spending hours in Cyrodiil either.

What's funny about your post is that I did find an Aetheric Cipher before the Colovian War Torte recipe haha.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've found seven so far, but only one Aetherial Dust and zero Aetheric Ciphers in that time frame. So it's not quite as rare as it seems.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Faiza
    Faiza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found one!

It was in a nirnroot spot north of Drakelowe

Screenshot-99.png
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faiza wrote: »
    I found one!

Screenshot-99.png

Was it just lying there as the book or did you have to pick the Nirn for the drop, just so I know what to look out for
  • Faiza
    Faiza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faiza wrote: »
    I found one!

Screenshot-99.png

Was it just lying there as the book or did you have to pick the Nirn for the drop, just so I know what to look out for

The book was sitting where the nirnroot would've been. Just the book, kind of glowing

Because it's green, I didn't even really look before picking it up, I assumed it was the normal glow from the plant underwater

Now that I've seen one, I feel for certain that I could've been passing them up before :neutral:
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    500k tel var to upgrade a niche recipe, might as well just delete this from the games memory space, useless code.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    500k tel var to upgrade a niche recipe, might as well just delete this from the games memory space, useless code.

I know people (not me, I have plenty of tel var) who've paid 3 million gold for this upgrade. A 6 to 1 exchange rate is quite favorable for tel var farmers.
  • aussie500
    aussie500
    ✭✭✭
    Well since an update a while ago I have got nothing from Cyrodiil, not even an Aetherial dust which I used to get on a regular basis. Has anyone actually seen the Chef Arquitius's Lost Thesis drop in Battlegrounds or is this a myth they have us chasing? I have never seen one for sale. or the completed White-Gold War Torte recipe itself.

I would have to say I think the entire 3 recipes were a fail.
  • Khajiitihaswares
    Khajiitihaswares
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah ZoS needs to fix that along with 80% of pvp. But hey they will gladly sell it on crown store lol. I stopped long ago cost and time is garbage compared to the reward.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found 1 the other day. Oddly enough I was on a level 12 alt in the under 50 campaign, and there it was next to the road. I had given up trying to actively look for it.

As far as using or selling it, I think the only market for the recipe are the people that are trying collect all recipes.
  • Silaf
    Silaf
    ✭✭✭✭
    aussie500 wrote: »
    Well since an update a while ago I have got nothing from Cyrodiil, not even an Aetherial dust which I used to get on a regular basis. Has anyone actually seen the Chef Arquitius's Lost Thesis drop in Battlegrounds or is this a myth they have us chasing? I have never seen one for sale. or the completed White-Gold War Torte recipe itself.

Did someone find the white gold war torte recipe?
    Is it bugged?
    I'm collecting the recipes for compulsive reasons and searched for it everywhere. Should we report it as a bug?
    Edited by Silaf on January 13, 2021 10:09PM
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Silaf wrote: »

No Battleground books have hit the market yet, at least not on PC/NA.

• douglasezf
    douglasezf
    ✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    Silaf wrote: »

No Battleground books have hit the market yet, at least not on PC/NA.

in xbox too
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Found one Colovian torte book on the road to ROE and the second on the path to kill altrion during the Investigate Graveyard quest from Jurana in Vlast. Both were found on open rd or paths and were bright green.
  • Blacklight733
    Blacklight733
    Soul Shriven
    Question please, do you have to pay the 100k tel vars for ruby blossom everytime to get only 4 of the 2nd stage torte ?
    Edited by Blacklight733 on December 11, 2021 12:55PM
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Question please, do you have to pay the 100k tel vars for ruby blossom everytime to get only 4 of the 2nd stage torte ?

Yes correct.It works as with every other provisioning recipe and ingredientes.
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
  • Blacklight733
    Blacklight733
    Soul Shriven
    Ty for the confirmation and I must say it is insane and not even the richest person in eso would pay such a price for just 2 hours in total lol
    Edited by Blacklight733 on December 12, 2021 4:21AM
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have gathered 4 green books of War Torte recipes, farming them solely for my curiosity.

Book, indeed spawns on a resource node spot, but the catch is: Harvest Map addon does not show the node as spawned.
    So, to farm for the book i would recommend:
    - if using HarvestMap addon turn "display only spawned resources" OFF
    - farm after dark ingame time, as green glow is quite noticeable
    - flat, highly visible areas with good resource nodes concentration are better
    - farm them resources (which takes time) as this might trigger book respawn on a place of node (not sure in that,
    as it may happen there is only one (or fixed number of) book for the entire Cyrodiil instance)

The chances are miserable. Normally it takes like 4 .. 6 days roaming perspective areas for several hours,
    and i would not speculate what the drop chance is even approximately, as i don't have a representative statistics
    on my experience the spawn chance might be 1:25,000 .. 1:50,000, but, again, too rare to make any estimations.

TL/DR; better buy a recipe. You can make more gold in a week, rather than spending inadequate time chasing a miraculous green book.

PC EU
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ty for the confirmation and I must say it is insane and not even the richest person in eso would pay such a price for just 2 hours in total lol

I honestly don't think ZOS even looks at the in-game market prices of things, nor has a game economist on staff. 100k TelVar is worth about a million gold, which is a pretty steep price to put on anything. Of course, they keep using furnishing mats for holiday writs, so have pretty much fubared that market as well. Who needs a plain chair / table / whatever that costs like 100k gold to craft, when you can simply buy a similar one for like 20-100 gold off some furnishing vendor?
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DinoZavr wrote: »
    I have gathered 4 green books of War Torte recipes, farming them solely for my curiosity.

Book, indeed spawns on a resource node spot, but the catch is: Harvest Map addon does not show the node as spawned.
    So, to farm for the book i would recommend:
    - if using HarvestMap addon turn "display only spawned resources" OFF
    - farm after dark ingame time, as green glow is quite noticeable
    - flat, highly visible areas with good resource nodes concentration are better
    - farm them resources (which takes time) as this might trigger book respawn on a place of node (not sure in that,
    as it may happen there is only one (or fixed number of) book for the entire Cyrodiil instance)

The chances are miserable. Normally it takes like 4 .. 6 days roaming perspective areas for several hours,
    and i would not speculate what the drop chance is even approximately, as i don't have a representative statistics
    on my experience the spawn chance might be 1:25,000 .. 1:50,000, but, again, too rare to make any estimations.

TL/DR; better buy a recipe. You can make more gold in a week, rather than spending inadequate time chasing a miraculous green book.

This is good advice.

Two things to add: First, the recipe can appear on any node spawn point except runestones. They do not share the loot table with potential psijic portals locations. Second, many of the material nodes in Cyrodiil are placed slightly underground, and can only be seen with the rays from the Keen Eye passives poking up through the grass/dirt. I have found more than one recipe slightly buried.... meaning you are very likely to miss it if scanning from horseback only. I've had the best success harvesting everything on foot, as some books can only be seen by hovering your pointer over it.
  • Noggin_the_Nog
    Noggin_the_Nog
    ✭✭✭
    Husan wrote: »
    Does the boost from this item also allow you to reach cyrodiil ranks faster? I'm trying to get lvl 50 pvp rank, will the extra AP gained from consuming this torte count toward increasing my pvp rank?

Hello Husan

I'm also trying to get to Alliance War Rank 50 and regularly use Colovian War Tortes for the 50% boost.

From wiki - Colovian War Torte - "Note that while these items do provide a bonus to gains towards your Alliance War Rank and skill lines, this bonus does not apply to leaderboard scores."

I do not know about the boost to Alliance War Skill lines as I'm already level 10, but it does boost the points gained for Alliance War Rank. Provisioning passives do increase the duration up to 45mins. It does not affect Leaderboard Rank points.

Getting to Level 50 is a long haul. Currently I'm level 45 which needs 3,240,000 AP to finish - I'm 48% of the way there.

I've found the recipe twice in the last 8 months.

Good luck.
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I usually craft some and sell on the guild trader,and yes they sell.They actually sell that good that I need to make an IC character to farm Tel Var myself instead of buying the Rubyblossom from someone else as there aren't even many on the market.
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
  • surfcat
    surfcat
    ✭✭
    Another thing I've discovered is that Psijic portals have been removed from Cyrodiil since the update. Whether it's intentional or a bug, I couldn't say. But it leads me to believe that the Glowing Green Book is most likely tied to the runestone node locations.

No, they are there still. I have harvested several Psijic Portals in the past few days also out looking for the Green Glowing Book.
  • surfcat
    surfcat
    ✭✭

So, just to let a little bit of wind out of your sails, you have to have the Recipe in you inventory to morph it. So if you find it and consume it for the War Torte, you have to find a second recipe to get the 100%. Havent looked past that for the 150% but considering how ZOS likes to make us work for things, I would imagine that you have to have the recipe and each of the successive components to morph it into the 150% recipe... here maybe this will help: https://tamrieltradesecrets.com/2020/11/08/eso-war-tortes/

:#
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    surfcat wrote: »
    Another thing I've discovered is that Psijic portals have been removed from Cyrodiil since the update. Whether it's intentional or a bug, I couldn't say. But it leads me to believe that the Glowing Green Book is most likely tied to the runestone node locations.

No, they are there still. I have harvested several Psijic Portals in the past few days also out looking for the Green Glowing Book.

That bug was fixed a year ago when I made that post, but good looking out.
  • surfcat
    surfcat
    ✭✭
    surfcat wrote: »

That bug was fixed a year ago when I made that post, but good looking out.

Ugh, necro thread... B)