The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Where do I find the new PvP Recipes?

Gedalya
Gedalya
✭✭✭✭✭
Where can I find the new PvP recipes such as Colovian War Torte?
Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org

Best Answers

• Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Colovian War Torte
    The recipe for the Colovian War Torte (the baseline, 50% boost item) can be found rarely in the wilds of Cyrodiil, from a curious, green-glowing book.
    This recipe requires a new ingredient, Cyrodiil Citrus. These sweet fruits can be obtained by completing quests in any of the five towns in Cyrodiil.

Molten War Torte
    The recipe for the Molten War Torte requires a recipe scroll for the Colovian War Torte. You'll need to combine that with Chef Arquitius's Torte Dissertation. This tome can be obtained from Tel Var General Merchants for 500,000 Tel Var stones.
    The Molten War Torte requires a unit of Colovian War Torte, and a new ingredient, Rubyblossom Extract. This ingredient can be purchased from Tel Var General Merchants for 100,000 Tel Var stones.

White-Gold War Torte
    The recipe for the White-Gold War Torte requires a recipe scroll for the Molten War Torte. You'll need to combine that with Chef Arquitius's Lost Thesis. This tome can be obtained from completing a Battleground; while it is exceptionally rare, it is more likely to drop the more victorious you are in battle.
    The White-Gold War Torte requires a unit of Molten War Torte, as well as a new ingredient, Mourning Dew. This item is found, very rarely, from crafting resource nodes throughout Cyrodiil.
    Answer ✓
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tonyblack wrote: »
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    Colovian War Torte
    The recipe for the Colovian War Torte (the baseline, 50% boost item) can be found rarely in the wilds of Cyrodiil, from a curious, green-glowing book.
    This recipe requires a new ingredient, Cyrodiil Citrus. These sweet fruits can be obtained by completing quests in any of the five towns in Cyrodiil.

Molten War Torte
    The recipe for the Molten War Torte requires a recipe scroll for the Colovian War Torte. You'll need to combine that with Chef Arquitius's Torte Dissertation. This tome can be obtained from Tel Var General Merchants for 500,000 Tel Var stones.
    The Molten War Torte requires a unit of Colovian War Torte, and a new ingredient, Rubyblossom Extract. This ingredient can be purchased from Tel Var General Merchants for 100,000 Tel Var stones.

White-Gold War Torte
    The recipe for the White-Gold War Torte requires a recipe scroll for the Molten War Torte. You'll need to combine that with Chef Arquitius's Lost Thesis. This tome can be obtained from completing a Battleground; while it is exceptionally rare, it is more likely to drop the more victorious you are in battle.
    The White-Gold War Torte requires a unit of Molten War Torte, as well as a new ingredient, Mourning Dew. This item is found, very rarely, from crafting resource nodes throughout Cyrodiil.

i've read these in patch notes too, yet wasnt able to find the recipe for the Colovian War Torte. It doesnt appear to share its spawn location with other resources or else i would definetly found it while riding all over Cyrodiil for hours. It might be hidden same as ring of pale order ring lead, but it's unclear where this recipe could actually be.

Same, spent hours looking for a green, glowing book. Didn't get any Mourning Dew from harvesting thousands of mats, either.

The Cyrodiil Citrus drops with every single daily turned in though.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    Answer ✓
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to see a screenshot of that green glowing book - so that one at least knows what one has to look for.

JeivdkY.png
    Answer ✓
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    I would love to see a screenshot of that green glowing book - so that one at least knows what one has to look for.

JeivdkY.png

Thanks for sharing :) Know what to look for when it comes to console next week.
    Answer ✓
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tonyblack wrote: »
    It doesnt appear to share its spawn location with other resources or else i would definetly found it while riding all over Cyrodiil for hours.

It most definitely does share spawn locations. The book, as well as the Mourning Dew, has been added to the crafting node spawn locations. It's a rare spawn, just like Aetherial Dust. Only difference is that when the book spawns, it's the only thing there. It's not harvested along with a crafting material, like the Dust or the Dew are.
    Answer ✓
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gedalya wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm if these are tied to the resource nodes?

I've found 2 at smithing/JC nodes, one at a woodworking node, and one at an alchemy node location.

And exactly zero Mourning Dew, from approximately 60,000 nodes harvested since Update 28 went live.

Edited by Jaraal on November 14, 2020 7:15PM
    Answer ✓
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Colovian War Torte looks to be the easier one to consistently to be able to use vs. the other two.
  • tonyblack
    tonyblack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Colovian War Torte

Molten War Torte

White-Gold War Torte

i've read these in patch notes too, yet wasnt able to find the recipe for the Colovian War Torte. It doesnt appear to share its spawn location with other resources or else i would definetly found it while riding all over Cyrodiil for hours. It might be hidden same as ring of pale order ring lead, but it's unclear where this recipe could actually be.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another thing I've discovered is that Psijic portals have been removed from Cyrodiil since the update. Whether it's intentional or a bug, I couldn't say. But it leads me to believe that the Glowing Green Book is most likely tied to the runestone node locations.
  • Sturmfaenger
    Sturmfaenger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC/EU
  • ShawnLaRock
    ShawnLaRock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    500k TV for Molten Torte? Yipes! And, here I thought the 200k grind for storage coffers was long...

S.
  • RGambit
    RGambit
    Soul Shriven
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »

JeivdkY.png

Thanks for sharing :) Know what to look for when it comes to console next week.

Hey could you possibly share the location of that green book in particular please?
  • Fhritz
    Fhritz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another thing I've discovered is that Psijic portals have been removed from Cyrodiil since the update. Whether it's intentional or a bug, I couldn't say. But it leads me to believe that the Glowing Green Book is most likely tied to the runestone node locations.

Nah, I've found some psijic portals while searching for this book
    I'm a single character man.
    Stamblade. Khajiit. Mostly pvp.
    And...that's it.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fhritz wrote: »

Nah, I've found some psijic portals while searching for this book

Yeah, it's been restored. They turned it back on server side, as I see them all the time now. For two days after the patch they were missing.
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    500k TV for Molten Torte? Yipes! And, here I thought the 200k grind for storage coffers was long...

S.

ezzzzzzzzz

i rather wonder what the crafted food is for? i would charge at least 250k gold for one serving, so .... who buys that? these recipes are literally more useless than pirharri :D
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

S.

ezzzzzzzzz

i rather wonder what the crafted food is for? i would charge at least 250k gold for one serving, so .... who buys that? these recipes are literally more useless than pirharri :D
    Agree, now if they was an overall AP boost they would be very sought after and pretty broken if going for emperor, but just to level your assault and support skill lines then you only need 100K AP to unlock vigor.
    Yes its an excuse to sell Assault skill line boost scrolls in the crown store.

Pirharri might be cool if animated in an house, has not tested this yet.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah you have to buy a recipe for 500,000 tel var and then a Rubyblossom Essence for 100,000 tel var for ONE combine, which will give you four meals of 100% boost with max passives. And the 150% food will be virtually non-existent. But, surprise, surprise.... you can get the 100% and 150% scrolls in the crown store equally as easily as the 50% boost scroll.

zaria wrote: »

Yes, she will sneak around your house. :)

Edited by Jaraal on November 8, 2020 7:55PM
  • pleximus
    pleximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah you have to buy a recipe for 500,000 tel var and then a Rubyblossom Essence for 100,000 tel var for ONE combine, which will give you four meals of 100% boost with max passives. And the 150% food will be virtually non-existent. But, surprise, surprise.... you can get the 100% and 150% scrolls in the crown store equally as easily as the 50% boost scroll.

zaria wrote: »

Yes, she will sneak around your house. :)

Yeah, I'd rather watch paint dry. This is ridiculous and not worth the effort. I have no idea why ZOS is implementing items that only the richest in the game are able to use.
    Edited by pleximus on November 10, 2020 7:54PM
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By the time you find the recipe, you will have reached alliance rank 10 and not need it.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    By the time you find the recipe, you will have reached alliance rank 10 and not need it.

Lol. This. I'll collecte the recipes eventually I guess, but no big rush. Not sure why we needed 3 recipes to appease the "rank 5 is too hard" crowd, but sure. Also not sure why Rapids wasn't rank 4 but whatever.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pleximus wrote: »
    I have no idea why ZOS is implementing items that only the richest in the game are able to use.

Because when people point to the easily accessible crown store versions and complain, they can say "But you don't have to buy it, it's available in game for everyone to acquire."
  • Husan
    Husan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does the boost from this item also allow you to reach cyrodiil ranks faster? I'm trying to get lvl 50 pvp rank, will the extra AP gained from consuming this torte count toward increasing my pvp rank?
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I’ve found portals in pvp so not sure what’s going on
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Husan wrote: »
    Does the boost from this item also allow you to reach cyrodiil ranks faster? I'm trying to get lvl 50 pvp rank, will the extra AP gained from consuming this torte count toward increasing my pvp rank?

Nope.
  • Husan
    Husan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope.

Okay. So literally only to rank up your alliance war skill line from 1-10. So useless for anyone that played PvP for more than a few hours :D

500.000 tel var stones for the upgrade. Kind of a stretch, to say the least :D
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Nope.

Okay. So literally only to rank up your alliance war skill line from 1-10. So useless for anyone that played PvP for more than a few hours :D

500.000 tel var stones for the upgrade. Kind of a stretch, to say the least :D

Apparently there are people that would go miles to avoid sticking in pvp for more than couple of minutes to get things they want, but hey, another money making tool is always welcomed.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve found portals in pvp so not sure what’s going on

It's been fixed since the update.
  • SASQUATCH0
    SASQUATCH0
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any idea if this recipe can be found in delves? There are 5 resource node spawns in Kingscrest Cavern delve I have been farming, would suck to find out the recipe is only in overland.
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SASQUATCH0 wrote: »
    Any idea if this recipe can be found in delves? There are 5 resource node spawns in Kingscrest Cavern delve I have been farming, would suck to find out the recipe is only in overland.

I have been farming overland and found one; I presumed that the delves didn't count and I am interested to know if anyone has found one in a Cyrodiil delve.
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Silly Imperials..... always losing things!

sYHxn1d.png

Gedalya wrote: »
    SASQUATCH0 wrote: »

I have been farming overland and found one; I presumed that the delves didn't count and I am interested to know if anyone has found one in a Cyrodiil delve.

There are very few crafting nodes in the delves. But since they are considered part of Cyrodiil, they could theoretically spawn there as well.
  • RPGplayer13579
    RPGplayer13579
    ✭✭✭✭
    What kind of Boost?
    My Characters.

Mike Snow - Imperial - Templar - One-Handed and Shield - Tank - Daggerfall Covenant - Commander.
    Catelyn Rivers - Breton - Sorcerer - Destruction Staff - Daggerfall Covenant - Telvanni Magister.
    Ashara Sand - Redguard - Warden - Two-Handed/One-Handed and Shield - Daggerfall Covenant - Heroic.
    Tormund gro-Largash - Orsimer - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Daggerfall Covenant - Furious.
    Lysa Rivers - Breton - Nightblade - Bow/One-Handed and Shield - Vampire - Daggerfall Covenant - Brassy Assassin.

Jon Karstark - Nord - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Ebonheart Pact - Drunk.
    Arya Sand - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Assassin.
    Sansa Snow - Impeial - Warden - Destruction Staff/One-Handed and Shield - Ebonheart Pect - Swashbuckler.
    Jojen Reed-Walker - Argonian - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Ebonheart Pact - Melancholy.
    Alys Karstark - Nord - Nightblade - Bow/Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Minstrel.

Nymeria Woods - Bosmer - Nightblade - Bow - Aldmeri Dominion - Thief.
    Brandon Wings - Altmer - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Aldmeri Dominion - Scholar.
    Lyanna Flowers - Altmer - Sorcerer - Sword/Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Duchess.
    Marvolo-jo Riddle - Khajiit - Necromancer - Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Deadlands Firewalker.
    Obara Woods - Bosmer - Templar - Bow - Werewolf - Aldmeri Dominion - Cheerful.