The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Don't like new inventory sort

Viewsfrom6ix
Viewsfrom6ix
✭✭✭✭✭
https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/jnad5q/is_there_any_way_to_go_back_to_the_pre_patch/

Myself and many others don't like how the inventory is sorted alphabetically now.

I really like the ornate and junk items at the top so I could easily sell them. Now I would have search or go through each section to find them which can get very tedious and annoying.

Is it possible to add the ornate and junk as an additional filter option?
Edited by Viewsfrom6ix on November 4, 2020 4:16AM
  • Dunning_Kruger
    Dunning_Kruger
    ✭✭✭✭
    Install dustmans and configure it.

For the Queen bby
    Options
  • Viewsfrom6ix
    Viewsfrom6ix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Luckily I'm on PC, but console players won't have that luxury.
    Options
  • jristaub17_ESO
    jristaub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The default sort is definitely not as useful now. I like the new filter options and search, but it doesn't even seem possible to re-sort so that the recently picked up items, ornates, and trash all show up at the top. That was extremely convenient. Now, I have to spend significantly longer digging through my inventory (even with all the filters) to find all the various things to sell (which, I usually do right after picking them all up, and with my banker and all recent items automatically listed at the top, selling all the trash was a breeze).

The default sort and inability to sort the old way, really adds a great amount of tedium to the game when it did not have it before. Please, ZOS, restore the old default sort, and allow us to sort that way using the standard sorting icons if the sort gets changed.

...so many steps back with this last patch. Some good stuff...but the stupid changes like this one really overpower the improvements ....
    Options
  • Devilon
    Devilon
    ✭✭
    I noticed that the ornate items appear on top of my inventory only in the sub sections (armor, weapons, etc.) Is this change intended?
    Options
  • warabi
    warabi
    ✭✭✭
    I dislike the new system as well, but at least I can rely on addons.
    Options
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use Inventory Grid View so this isn't an issue for me.
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
    Options
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/551083/items-with-coin-icon-no-longer-on-top-when-selling-to-merchant

There are multiple threads about this. My guess is the current maintenance wil fix it. This link has a ZOS response to it.
    Edited by Sarannah on November 4, 2020 10:17AM
    Options
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I use and love the AutoCategory addon (as well as Dustman). Nothing has changed for me :). If you're on PC I can only recommend it:

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info2300-AutoCategory-Revised.html
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
    Options
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gamepad inventory view, when depositing into my bank, isn't even categorized anymore. There's no separation between anything. Why was this even changed?? This makes inventory management even worse.
    Edited by SpiderKnight on November 4, 2020 2:40PM
    Options
  • Obsidian3
    Obsidian3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Advanced Filters FTW
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    For what it's worth, we are working on fixing the issue where your inventory isn't sorting by an item's trait in the 3rd column. This change wasn't intended.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Skauron
    Skauron
    ✭✭✭
    yes quite a lot wasn't intended, nor it seems fully tested.
    Champion level chars: Nord Warden (Tank):50 Khajiit Nightblade (stam dual blade):50 High Elf Necromancer (magicka dps):50 Dragonknight (Tank):50 Sorcerer Vampire: 50
    Also levelling: Templar (dps)

Started playing ESO: April 4th
    Options
  • Skauron
    Skauron
    ✭✭✭
    When can we expect an incremental update?

some of the issues in the reach and with this patch are ridiculous.
    Champion level chars: Nord Warden (Tank):50 Khajiit Nightblade (stam dual blade):50 High Elf Necromancer (magicka dps):50 Dragonknight (Tank):50 Sorcerer Vampire: 50
    Also levelling: Templar (dps)

Started playing ESO: April 4th
    Options
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Skauron wrote: »
    When can we expect an incremental update?

Two weeks after launch, for Stadia reasons, usually.
    Options