Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

What to do with all these skill points?

DigiAngel
DigiAngel
✭✭✭✭✭
Topic :smile: To be honest I've been trying to avoid crafting as it seems far too grindy with researching every bit of everything. That being said....what indeed to you do with your skill points once you have maxed out what your class uses?

Best Answer

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We see you in the forums a lot, @DigiAngel.

If you're going to have longevity with the game, it would really behoove you to start on your crafting.

That way you can make and upgrade your own gear.

It's a marathon (not a sprint) ... and you can do it at your own pace.

After that there are the guild and world skill lines: Psijic, Fighter's Guild, Mages Guild, Undaunted, and a couple Alliance War skills. All depending on your playstyle of course.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on November 3, 2020 10:23PM
    Answer ✓
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Appreciate it. I've been....kind of walking a line of playing ESO just like I usually play most RPG type games....explore...complete quests...clear out areas. I'm specifically kind of avoiding anything that starts to be grindy, because let's face it there are a LOT of other games out there. That being said...after seeing that the Magnus set is crafted only and not dropped....I think I'll just have to give crafting a go. Sadly...having to research for each and every piece it's going to take a while. But hey..now I know where to put the skill points so that's a thing. Thank you!
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on 325 collected and I've not yet maxed out what my class uses. Probably need another 30 or 40 to get there - although that does include crafting.

If you don't like crafting remember there are lots of crafters who will custom craft sets for people, and many in guilds who will do it at cost.

Too many toons not enough time
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah...yes good point...have not maxed out CP for my class, but have for skill points. Yes...I might go that route...highly unlikely I'll have enough gold though.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DigiAngel wrote: »
    Appreciate it. I've been....kind of walking a line of playing ESO just like I usually play most RPG type games....explore...complete quests...clear out areas. I'm specifically kind of avoiding anything that starts to be grindy, because let's face it there are a LOT of other games out there. That being said...after seeing that the Magnus set is crafted only and not dropped....I think I'll just have to give crafting a go. Sadly...having to research for each and every piece it's going to take a while. But hey..now I know where to put the skill points so that's a thing. Thank you!
    Crafting is not very grindy but it has plenty of things who take time.

Benefit of crafting is not only that you can craft your own equipment and consumables, you can also upgrade and transmute / recreate items, this become much more important later in game.
    You want to upgrade weapons to gold for one.
    First step is to start to research traits, this is fast at first but slow downs fast, entire process takes half a year :)
    Start with researching divine and infused. Start by deconstructing anything intricate and all the glyphs you find
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DigiAngel wrote: »
    Topic :smile: To be honest I've been trying to avoid crafting as it seems far too grindy with researching every bit of everything. That being said....what indeed to you do with your skill points once you have maxed out what your class uses?

How is it grindy to click on an item you want to research, and then go play the game? If we had to have our characters standing at the crafting station until the research is done, *that* would be grindy.
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have Greymoor, Antiquities may take a chunk on your skill points bank with the two skill lines.
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Depending on what you think you might play in the future, consider leveling those skills. For instance, if you are a PVE Stam DK that runs a DW/Bow build, think about leveling tank skills if you want to tank in the future (much easier to do as a DPS). Or if you want to try out PVP, consider leveling 2H, S&B, and/or Resto staff skill lines.

Crafting, for me, is essential on one character if you plan on running alternates. In fact, I would say its INVALUABLE to have a master crafter. Glyphs, potions, training gear, upgrading endgame gear, making stuff to sell, etc. The writs and hirelings get you mats you can't get anywhere else. You would be surprised how often you find yourself on your crafter.
  • SpiritofESO
    SpiritofESO
    ✭✭✭
    :D
    Edited by SpiritofESO on June 29, 2024 6:04PM
    • ~ PS NA ~ ALDMERI DOMINION ~
    • SPIRIT GOLDBLADE, WOOD ELF NIGHTBLADE, Former Empress
    • "Adapt or Die"