The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Daily Quest "Notes of the Void" bugged?

Ravensilver
Ravensilver
✭✭✭✭✭
Trying to do the daily "Notes of the Void" for the... I lost count... time.

Despite explanations and yelling in chat and zone, the Voidmother gets killed before the actual boss spawns. Or at least, that is the mechanic, as we understand it. The Voidmother has to survive until the very end, right?

And just how do you suppose that is going to work if you seemingly have half a hundred people standing around, nuking her down, despite all pleas and requests. This can't be right, can it? Is this bugged? We have still not completed the daily, no matter how often we try, because the Voidmother just dies too fast.

Please rethink this mechanic. As long as this content is new, no one will be able to complete this quest, because we never get to the final, and actual boss.

Thank you.
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This,

@ZOS_GinaBruno

This needs to be fixed asap.
    Give us clannfear mounts!
  • joerginger
    joerginger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trying to do the daily "Notes of the Void" for the... I lost count... time.

Despite explanations and yelling in chat and zone, the Voidmother gets killed before the actual boss spawns. Or at least, that is the mechanic, as we understand it. The Voidmother has to survive until the very end, right?

And just how do you suppose that is going to work if you seemingly have half a hundred people standing around, nuking her down, despite all pleas and requests. This can't be right, can it? Is this bugged? We have still not completed the daily, no matter how often we try, because the Voidmother just dies too fast.

Please rethink this mechanic. As long as this content is new, no one will be able to complete this quest, because we never get to the final, and actual boss.

Thank you.

The same issue is the case in the quest Namira's Perversions. The quest step "Disrupt the Ritual" can't be completed because people kill the boss before that stage can be reached.
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also the achivement for killing her will not unlock as well.

Basically, you cannot properly kill her for the quests or achivement.
    Give us clannfear mounts!
  • Ravensilver
    Ravensilver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *sigh*

Heading into my second hour trying this... and still people keep killing her too fast. This is not a good mechanic for ESO. You could try this in WoW, where people are used to complicated boss mechanics, but not here... >.<
  • joerginger
    joerginger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, right now it's impossible to do this. New people arrive all the time and melt the boss as soon as she spawns. Trying to tell them only to kill the adds is an exercise in futility.
  • Botak
    Botak
    ✭✭
    true! can't get the quest and the achievement. did it more than 5x
  • Gabbagul
    Gabbagul
    ✭✭✭
    I finally, after a dozen tries or so, in the middle of the night (3:15 am CST), was able to get in a round where the dps slowed enough that she dropped loot properly. Quest still did not complete, both versions of Voidmother daily are impossible to complete currently, achievement similarly unobtainable.

*edit* How on earth did this make it past PTS? It's 100% broken.
    Edited by Gabbagul on November 3, 2020 9:26AM
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I wasted so much time yesterday on this. There is no way this came out of PTS like this. :( I don't like falling through the sky or wasting a ton of time on a boss that doesn't function properly.
  • Buffy121
    Buffy121
    ✭✭✭
    If this is the way it truly works you can't blame other players. I have just turned up and the fight had already begun and I didn't notice the chat. There isn't a world boss anywhere else in the game that works this way so new players will keep turning up in the middle of the fight and doing exactly what they do for every boss.

I agree with Ravensilver. This boss needs to be reworked if this is the mechanic.
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why do you make such "advanced" quest in a place full of newbies?

They dont read chat &
    Half of them dont speak English to understand the chat
  • WithMyLaserGun
    WithMyLaserGun
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with Buffy121. People shouldn't need to read the chat to be able to complete a boss because the mechanic, for whatever reason, works differently from every other World Boss. Also, people are killing this boss multiple times and it still won't go white to show that it's been completed. Please sort this out. TIA
  • Ugh_Tech
    Ugh_Tech
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just that I get it right:
    Where does the theory(?) come from that you have to leave the voidmother alive until... whatever she's going to do?

Every Zone-WB is basically working the same way: bring him down before he kills you - so why do you say it's different with this one?

Don't get me wrong, I saw the notices not to attack her and just kill her minions - I just wonder where this comes from?
    PTS? Or has there been any official statement?
    Or could it maybe just be a bug that there is no loot, no achievement and no quest progress?

If you're right, maybe a simple change in the quest description would do the trick - currently it just says (for Namira's perversion): Stop the ritual, which could basically mean everything since the voidmother spawns with one.

EDIT: found info at https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Voidmother_Elgroalif - but this is definitely something new for Zone-WB, so I doubt this will be understood by most players just seeing 'oh, a boss-fight' and try to kill it fast, wondering (if even recognizing) why everyone is telling them to stop.
    I agree that this mechanic won't work outside group dungeons or raids.
    Edited by Ugh_Tech on November 3, 2020 3:49PM
    Gebt mir meinen charakterbasierten Fortschritt zurück!
  • Ravensilver
    Ravensilver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cirantille wrote: »

They dont read chat &

We actually ended up posting the instructions both in zone chat and in /say chat in at least five languages, in the hopes that it would work. At times in the middle of the fight.

Nothing doing.

Either this is bugged, or this is a mechanic that won't work with the players as they are right now.
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

They dont read chat &

We actually ended up posting the instructions both in zone chat and in /say chat in at least five languages, in the hopes that it would work. At times in the middle of the fight.

Nothing doing.

Either this is bugged, or this is a mechanic that won't work with the players as they are right now.

Yeah, later tries I saw people warning in German and Russian too

Still they are killing it :D

This either needs to be changed or maybe add a mechanic like "one shot" if someone tries to damage her

This will show them :P
  • Ugh_Tech
    Ugh_Tech
    ✭✭✭✭
    This either needs to be changed or maybe add a mechanic like "one shot" if someone tries to damage her

Insta-kill by mod ;)

Maybe a reflecting shield would do the trick?!

Gebt mir meinen charakterbasierten Fortschritt zurück!
  • Skauron
    Skauron
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say i'm wholly disappointed with this entire DLC, and this issue among others are the icing on the cake of this huge-fail.

How this got out of testing i'll never know.. what was it tested with? 5 people???
    Champion level chars: Nord Warden (Tank):50 Khajiit Nightblade (stam dual blade):50 High Elf Necromancer (magicka dps):50 Dragonknight (Tank):50 Sorcerer Vampire: 50
    Also levelling: Templar (dps)

Started playing ESO: April 4th
  • Skauron
    Skauron
    ✭✭✭
    15 attempts+ , so much wasted time .. and i'm starting really worry about the quality of players who hang around this boss too, they don't read chat/yells .. nothing.. people are pleading with them to stop attacking the voidmother, but its like they are trying to prove something. This is the worst mechanic you've brought to the game, either vastly increase the bosses HP, or shield her.. but DO SOMETHING.. ftlog do SOMETHING!!!!!
    Champion level chars: Nord Warden (Tank):50 Khajiit Nightblade (stam dual blade):50 High Elf Necromancer (magicka dps):50 Dragonknight (Tank):50 Sorcerer Vampire: 50
    Also levelling: Templar (dps)

Started playing ESO: April 4th
  • Ravensilver
    Ravensilver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been reading the zone chat for two days now. It's a rinse-and-repeat of "don't kill the boss!", "NO DAMAGE ON BOSS!", "Kill the adds!", "Put away the pets!", "STOOOOOPPPPP!"

And other varieties of the above.

So far, I've not even bothered going back to try either the daily or the achieve. Obviously people are not capable of handling the mechanics on this.

Would be nice if @ZOS_GinaBruno would take a look at this an pass the problem on to the devs, so that something can be done.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just make the second boss spawn as she falls to 50%, wham bam done.

Whoever designed this encounter needs to go and actually play the game.
  • Ravensilver
    Ravensilver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    Just make the second boss spawn as she falls to 50%, wham bam done.

Whoever designed this encounter needs to go and actually play the game.

Oh, I know how it's supposed to go. There is just no one listening and willing to play the mechanic as it's 'intended'.
  • shack80
    shack80
    ✭✭✭
    Zos do something. Majority of the player database is too retarted for this. Ive been stanting there 2 days and not getting the achievement.
  • Buffy121
    Buffy121
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly don't think it is a mechanic. Why make a boss that people can troll and interrupt others' quest progress? I believe it is a bug that will be fixed. Until then I am steering clear of the area.
  • Sumevala
    Sumevala
    ✭✭
    As of 11/05 I can confirm that the quest is bugged. We managed to get the group to perform the mechanics properly and summoned the final boss, but the Notes of the Void quest did not progress to completion. We'll probably have to wait for a patch fix.
  • LannStone
    LannStone
    ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't get credit the first two times tonight - then somebody said you gottta lure her away so she resets and that worked
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There’s no hope here. I keep trying to taunt using the undaunted skill but she’s either burnt down too fast or does her phase where she goes immune and can’t move.

There’s a huge backlog of players confused as to why she isn’t giving credit who can’t read and just kill her regardless. I’ve been trying to get credit for days now, I’m done with the rest of Markarth’s content.
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vrienda wrote: »
    There’s a huge backlog of players confused as to why she isn’t giving credit who can’t read and just kill her regardless. I’ve been trying to get credit for days now, I’m done with the rest of Markarth’s content.

Fix (which may or may not work, only time will tell) is scheduled for November 16th. Apparently it's not important enough to them to hotfix it right away.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/551180/

RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How we did it, was to get someone to taunt her down the hill far enough away that she resets and then you can just kill her. You need to get everyone to put pets away and not attack whilst she's being taunted away. It worked perfectly for me, but this was late at night and there were only about six of us there. It's impossible to get these instructions across when there are dozens of players all screaming at each other in different languages and not listening, however. Resetting her does seem to work MOST of the time, but others have said even this isn't 100%.
    PC EU & NA
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Players have been well trained to focus on max dps vs WBs when there are plenty of players as only the top dozen or so players get credit for the boss. Many players have bars filled with AoE attacks and singling out minions surrounding the boss is a non-starter.

Once my healer saw all the frantic comments in /say, she cast nothing but rapid regen since most of her other support skills do incidental damage. She tried this for three cycles, none of which turned the boss from black to white on her map. So she left in disgust, scratching her head as to if the fail was due to her doing no damage and not getting credit or the fault of other players trying to work with poor design.
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on November 7, 2020 12:44PM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Czeri
    Czeri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hang on, so the only way to complete at least 3 different dailies is to somehow reset the boss mid-fight, and they won't fix it until the 16th?

Welp, hope people who get the dwarven boss will share that one with me...
  • Jinxxy85
    Jinxxy85
    ✭✭✭
    I've been actively avoiding spoilers so my first encounter with this was today after I grabbed the daily. Now let me start by saying that I'm absolutely fine with new and different mechanics being introduced for world bosses. But this? This is beyond a joke. I have no idea how this was handled when it released on pc last week, but for us on PS4 EU this is absolutely abysmal. There is literally a group of people killing the boss purely for the purpose of stopping others from being able to complete their daily. How do I know? Because they are literally laughing in zone chat at the questers and are happy to brag about the hours they've wasted on this. Someone offered to share the opposite boss daily with me and it just struck me that it's ridiculous I can't do my own one purely because a group of individuals love spoiling things for others. Is there any known changes coming to the mechanics or can I hope to only complete this in a few days or weeks when the people have moved on?