Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

If Crimson is considered a balanced set

• Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    Decimus wrote: »
    I think Crimson should only heal the user and only for 1k(in pvp) per enemy in its radius.

At the moment we have groups of wardens just spamming arctic in crimson and being unkillable as crimson is over healing them whilst damaging huge groups of players. It just does too much at the moment IMO.

You are aware that 1k damage is what Unleashed, Syvarra etc each deal per second, right? Crimson also only heals the user already, not sure if you were under the illusion that it heals other nearby friendly players as well.

Besides, there already is a set that heals you for 1k for each enemy hit and furthermore it only has 6 second cooldown, cannot be avoided and applies Concussed (Minor Vulnerability) to targets hit.

This set is called Livewire, and absolutely no one uses it.

Your problem is with warden (and more specifically: max health builds), not with Crimson - which you could easily find out by trying it out on any character that isn't a 40k+ health warden. Good set, but does it make you unkillable? No, far from it.

No... it does 8k bleed damage to everyone within the radius and heals you for 100% of damage done. Which means if you are surrounded by lets say 4 opponents it does 4k damage(in pvp) and heals you for 16k(it doesn't double dip because it is a damage based heal). This will occur every 8secs because there are no proc conditions or chances.
    See for yourself: https://eso-sets.com/set/crimson-twilight

If you wear deadly this is a 12k tooltip with malacath this is 14k when you take damage. I am very informed and wouldn't knowingly broadcast my opinion with out being so.

My problem specifically is with proc sets and this just happens to be one of the stupidest ones IMO. It becomes more powerful the more surrounded you are. Wardens are incredibly strong, but when they group together in this set up they rival a ball group in terms of damage and survivability. Any class could make good use of this as proc sets allow the user to stack health as they don't need offensive stats. Wardens just do it better than anyone else.

Deadly doesnt affect crimson, you must be thinking of blood drinker.

It does actually 👍

Deadly buffs damage over time effects, physical, bleed, poison disease.
    Crimson is direct damage and not damage over time.
    If deadly buffs it, that's a bug.

Edit: Checked it in game and deadly doesnt buff the tooltip or the actual damage of Crimson in any way.

I see how it could be confusing since crimson is considered "bleed" damage, but deadly specifically deals with damage over time and channeled effects and abilities, and crimson is direct damage.

Blooddrinker on the other hand does buff Crimson, and Zos actually changed the description of that set to say " Bleed" instead of "bleed damage over time " when crimson was released.
    Edited by Firstmep on November 30, 2020 3:53PM