Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bad crown exchange

Bricxjo
Bricxjo
There is a player that was offering crowns for 90/1 in our guild chat. I asked how much for 4 crown crates and he said 135,000 gold. I asked if he could send 4 crates to me and 4 to my wife, and he said sure. I gave him my wife's player name and sent 270,000 g in the mail. He said that accidentally erased it and didn't get the gold and that I should have gotten it back. I told him that I hadn't gotten it back. I thought you couldn't delete the message without taking the attachment. He said Darn.

I replied, "Well I guess that is a lesson learned either way, have a nice day"

He said sorry and I then received 4 crates as a gift (and none for my wife)

The day later (yesterday), he sent me a message in xBox chat that said, "That money got sent back to, got confirmation. You owe for 4 crates. 135000 gold"

I said "Whatever, in arena, can arrange in a little while."

I asked how I to get confirmation for a transaction like this so I will know in the future. He didn't answer.

He later joined my group and came to us in a delve and I traded with him character to character so he couldn't say he didn't get it.

I gave him 135,000 gold just because I wanted to be done with the whole thing, but now the situation has my wife thinking she wants to just cancel both our subscriptions to ESO plus and we'll play something else together.

Is there any way he could have confirmed that the money went back?

I never got the money back. Pretty sure what everyone is going to say, but would like to hear your thoughts anyway.

Thanks everyone.
Edited by ZOS_Adrikoth on October 27, 2020 6:53PM
This discussion has been closed.