The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Need help quick

Pyrius_Omega
Game is in Korean. WTH. Need help to fix the language back to English. Was playing one minute, changed characters, and now this. How does one fix this?
Edited by ZOS_Adrikoth on October 24, 2020 12:11PM
  • Vulsahdaal
    Vulsahdaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theres a Korean? I thought was only English, French, German and Russian... Anyway, the only way I know is to open launcher, click the gear looking thingie on the top right and change language from there.

Just checked. Theres no Korean listed there so Im really not sure. Maybe just exit the game completely and try to restart it?
    If that don't work maybe someone else knows, sorry...
    Edited by Vulsahdaal on October 24, 2020 11:44AM
  • Pyrius_Omega
    I checked the language menu in the launch. Nope. No korean. I even went to the addons. No Korean. Can't figure it out.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Korean???
    as said above - check the launcher settings

but tbh it doesnt sound like an ESO issue...
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Pyrius_Omega
    Doing a repair atm
  • Pyrius_Omega
    Just did a repair and still in korean. Im going to delete and start over.
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Hey there @Pyrius_Omega

If this issue persists after uninstalling and reinstalling, then please be sure to submit a support ticket with us at help.elderscrollsonline.com for additional assistance.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried the advice given above? Open the launcher, click the cog wheel symbol and pick English (or whichever other language you want) from the list. That will work no matter what language the game is currently using.

The language choice is the first drop-down box in that menu and there's flags next to each one so you don't need to read the text to know what language you're setting it to.

(Also are you sure it's not Russian? That's the only language available which doesn't use the Latin alphabet.)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Pyrius_Omega
    Danikat,

Look at the 3rd posting (yes, I did):
    I checked the language menu in the launch. Nope. No korean. I even went to the addons. No Korean. Can't figure it out.

Danikat,

No, it's not russian. I studied Russian a long time ago as well as German, French, and Japanese. No, this is Korean.

I'm in the process of redownloading the game. I've deleted the ESO folder in the documents section of Windows 10 users account. I've checked my other Steam games just incase there was a hack. Nothing. Everything is good there. So, it was ESO for some odd reason.

• Pyrius_Omega
    Yep,

After downloading and reinstalling the game, the base game is back in English. I have no idea how it was in Korean. After going from one character to the next is when the problem occurred. It's a base game issue. I couldn't find any addons that would do this.

Thanks,
    Pyrius
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any screenshots, @Pyrius_Omega, in case another player runs into the same issue (or so ZOS can add to the Support web search)?