The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Issues with some mag skills not resolved

Shantu
Shantu
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
When parsing with a MagSorc and MapPlar, some skill executions are still spasmodic, stuttering, and delayed. The issue can easily be reproduced by just using Daedric Prey then follow up with light attack immediately after the GCD of 1 second. On the Sorc, the issue seems isolated to any skill following Daedric Prey, but it's enough to throw an entire rotation off.

The issue with MagPlar, feels the same while not always specifically repeatable. Sometimes skills are delayed, while at other times it feels like a skill (Sweeps) is dragged out a fraction of a second too long, sometimes not firing at all. And the issue feels like it's spread out over all the skills.

I've parsed these 2 builds a thousand times. Something is just off...and it's not lag (at least not measured by my ping which runs from 60-70ms throughout). In both cases with began with patch 6.2.3 and continues with 6.2.4. This happens on different computers at different times of the day. Parsing on either of these toons is just bad. Bug reports have been filed in-game.

As a side note, I have no issue whatsoever parsing Stam toons.
  • Morwaenna
    Morwaenna
    ✭✭✭
    I have a lot of problems with endless fury not initiating so I have to press it twice or even three times sometimes. Streak is a mess and it seems to be a lot harder to get into a LA/Crushing shock weave combo since last major update?
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seeing the same thing
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The issue with MagSorc for me seems to center around Daedric Prey. Any skill, LA, or HA fired after the GCD is delayed if you are on the same bar. If you switch bars after Daedric Prey, the issue doesn't happen. I also tested with Haunting Curse and the issue doesn't occur there either.

As for the MagPlar, I'm not sure what's going on with Sweeps. It's like someone has messed with the skill timing. It's very jerky and not at all in sync with how it worked previous to patch 6.2.3. Several skills occasionally don't fire (Solar Barrage, Purifying Light, Spears, Channeling Focus). I've used the same rotation for a couple of years and since 6.2.3 was dropped I've yet to be able to get through a single 21 mil parse without all kinds of mis-timings occurring.

The ulti Ice Comet behaves similarly to Daedric Prey. No skills will fire immediately after the GCD and will be significantly delayed. Something is just off on Mag skills period. Stam skills seem fine.

I really hope someone is working on fixing what they broke.
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The same happens with Entropy.