The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What does ESO mean to you?

• GrimTheReaper45
    GrimTheReaper45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting question

Sometimes its a great way to escape the misery of this hell we have build for ourselves called society, into a world of adventure and wonder.

Sometimes its a way to meet new people and spend time with friends.

Sometimes its a way to relieve boredom.
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    after playing/watching trash mmos like metin2, knight etc i saw vindictus which looked beautiful. played it like no tomorrow till i learnt the REAL P2W aspect of it. still played since it was fun but that game changed my view of mmos since your character had more skills, moves and the world inside the dungeons was destructible. you could use stuff around the world which i didnt know if it was doable from my previous experiences.

but i wanted more. it was the time i gave skyrim a try( ive never played TES title before) and liked it. but it got boring quickly since i was playing the bare bones game( not that mods mattered, skyrim is just bad lol). found out this game has mmo version and gave it a try and damn.. it was a blast.

Npcs coming with you and voices acting, the world and ambience in general, skills and items and using whatever i want, races and lore, not much of a grind, exploring around and finding good stuff... all that was incredible for me.

exploring and opening chests that gives items thats good like finding a spriggans in a thieves throve. oh and the hews bane... along with gold coast my favourite zones.. so much memories! never in any game running around felt this good and rewarding.

trying to find good looking items since we didnt have outfit system back then.

nowadays im pretty jaded so i dont feel the same excitement but its still feels good to me.

then i wanted what i really crave after all this in an mmo.. PvP

With a lot sets that can give different, interesting, fun effects that enchances your character and give them abilities sometimes they dont have inbuilt, a lot of skills to choose from etc. i jumped to pvp and it was awesome.

skills, sets, dodging, rolling, bashing..all of them felt good and to me it is the best combat system of all times.

today it feels bad since performance went bad, like real bad. and constant set/class skill nerfing getting tiring. i dont think you need to nerf stuff to change the overall meta. we should have a lot of options to choose from.

i like the horizontal progress where we dont chase the levels.

most of the items are still usable even if you log off for a while. crafting and upgrading doesnt feel like garbage, its straight forward. you have the mats? you can gold it then! no *** like chance based system (looking at you bdo)

a lot of stuff to say but TL;DR is:

To me its a game for exploring, immersing and pvping like no tomorrow. using sets/skills/races to make different builds that fits me. i feel flexible and like to feel i have so many to choose from( when they dont f up the whole nerfing process and servers perform ofcourse which seems to be the trend for last 2 years especially)
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a successful distraction from a somewhat testing world, and also a means of getting some gaming time in with my beloved. It doesn't go much deeper than that. It's fun in many ways, frustrating in others.
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LadyAstrum wrote: »
    It's a successful distraction from a somewhat testing world, and also a means of getting some gaming time in with my beloved. It doesn't go much deeper than that. It's fun in many ways, frustrating in others.

I would say a mildly successful distraction, the game itself that is. The drama however is quite the distraction.

ESO to me is a waste of money. Had I known when I first started what I know now, I would not have gotten invested into this game. I would have stayed with other MMO's I played.

I doubt it will happen, but I hope MS whips this studio and game into shape.
  • PrayingSeraph
    PrayingSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Cygemai_Hlervu Thank you for your kinds words!!! But your honor was equal if not greater than mine given the aetherius debate we had in the past.
  • Aloha
    Aloha
    ✭✭✭

LAGGY RUINED BROKEN GAME

Something beautiful wasted by technical issues and the Solo RPG noobfriendly with crownSkinMoney.
  • StamPlar_1976
    StamPlar_1976
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a game. That's all it means to me.
  • StamPlar_1976
    StamPlar_1976
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aloha wrote: »
    LAGGY RUINED BROKEN GAME

Something beautiful wasted by technical issues and the Solo RPG noobfriendly with crownSkinMoney.

And this.
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Broken lore.
    Broken promises.
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • warabi
    warabi
    ✭✭✭
    Quite simply ESO means really fun questing. The story and quests are by far the most enjoyable aspect for me.
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Extra Special Otters

:#