Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ring of the pale order limit

TonyDemonLord
TonyDemonLord
✭✭✭
The limit added to the tiring of the pale order is it for per second or per instance of healing?
Xbox NA
  • stefj68
    stefj68
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3rd nerf on that ring, i wont need to farm it its now to week to loose a set for
  • stefj68
    stefj68
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tought it would be fun on my stamplar and give him some needed survability, but now, its current states, im not sure i want to loose a set bonus for that piece

please fix stamplar, asap
  • Mr_Nobody
    Mr_Nobody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it is a buff for PvP, since you wont really get the max healing hits unless you hit WB's, Lethal arrow or something like that anyway.

So if you apply more dots, you get more healing out of it. Kind of a major buff to stam/mag dks i guess and any stam class that can stack some dots + magplars?
    ~ @Niekas ~

• Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like per instance of healing
    • This set now heals for 18% of your damage done, up from 15%.
    • Decreased the healing cap to 2750, down from 3750.

What its saying is you heal for 18% of all damage you do, but once that heal from that instance of damage reaches or exceeds 2,750 you only received 2,750 hp back.

Like if you did a light attack that lets say.... does 1k damage and comes with an enchantment that deals 3k. You'll get 2 instances of healing with the first being 180 hp and the second being 540 hp.

Now lets say you cast Leap for example after activating a whole bunch of sets and abilities and hit hits 25k damage! That would equal 4,500 health, but that number would be reduced to 2,750 since it is 1,750 hp over the healing cap per instance of damage.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is unfortunate, though eminently unsurprising, that the developers once again capitulated to the wails of the nerflings.

Insecure PvE healers have laid this set low.
  • Saubon
    Saubon
    ✭✭✭
    stefj68 wrote: »
    tought it would be fun on my stamplar and give him some needed survability, but now, its current states, im not sure i want to loose a set bonus for that piece

Are you talking about pve or pvp? I'll use it on my alt stamplar for sure. If I look at some 4man logs:
    Jabs avg hit 11k x 4
    LA avg hit 11,5k
    Burning light avg hit 15,2k
    Thats 1980 x 4 + 2070 + 2736 = 12726 hps just by weaving jabs
    Edited by Saubon on October 16, 2020 8:26AM
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is unfortunate, though eminently unsurprising, that the developers once again capitulated to the wails of the nerflings.

Rather have the developer team adjust these items to reasonable levels instead of letting overperforming stuff reach live. Just look at thrassian. Probable the most absurd item I´ve seen in PvE context since I started playing this game. Instead of balancing the item on Greymoor PTS, it Went live and gave us an absurd powercreep.

And ring of the pale order is still an overperforming item depending on context, even with the adjustments made to it.
  • Husan
    Husan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know what you're smoking, but I'd like some as well.

Alcast ran this ring on a magicka templar run through Vateshran Hollows on PTS. Ring of the pale order healed him for more than three times the amount sweeps did. I would say this ring is alive and well.

UeWyll5.png

https://youtu.be/wS_fDhOhLcY?t=2440
    Edited by Husan on October 16, 2020 8:48AM
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You wont hit the cap with any skill in pvp anyway. Its still going to be good for pvp.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »

You wont hit the cap with any skill in pvp anyway. Its still going to be good for pvp.

It would be hard to do regularly for sure... You'd have to hit someone for 15,277, which could occur quite frequently with an ultimate or blastbones 😂. I think this will work best on a pressure/dot build as a reliable source of healing. I am planning it for my stamsorc and stamplar.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It would be hard to do regularly for sure... You'd have to hit someone for 15,277, which could occur quite frequently with an ultimate or blastbones 😂. I think this will work best on a pressure/dot build as a reliable source of healing. I am planning it for my stamsorc and stamplar.

My plan is to throw it on my sorc and drop the restro staff back bar. Will let me constantly be on the offensive without needing to turtle up and heal. The build I have in mind is: Pale Order, Voidcaller, and Eternal Vigor. With a one piece Trainee. Hoping it will function well in both PVE and PVP with only changing skills.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You have to be fighting pve players to hit someone with 15k Blastbones or db, let's be real.
    Either way, there's no real threat to hit the cap too often.
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'm still going to try it to see if it helps vampire along better. Though I don't think this will be the last time it's going to be nerfed. :/
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You have to be fighting pve players to hit someone with 15k Blastbones or db, let's be real.
    Either way, there's no real threat to hit the cap too often.

Not true I have hit 15k+ loads of times in no cp of all places... Hit 15k blastbones in a duel against a magblade.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

My plan is to throw it on my sorc and drop the restro staff back bar. Will let me constantly be on the offensive without needing to turtle up and heal. The build I have in mind is: Pale Order, Voidcaller, and Eternal Vigor. With a one piece Trainee. Hoping it will function well in both PVE and PVP with only changing skills.

On my stamsorc, I am doing this ring ^^ deadly, briar and brp dw back bar with deadly cloak morph. Should be a lot of incoming healing 😁 provided I stay on top of people.
  • TonyDemonLord
    TonyDemonLord
    ✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

@jaws343
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=283711
    Here’s a Sorcerer Build I came up with using the new Ring. Its meant to be a PVE build so I’m not quite sure how well it translates to PVP.

Edit: wrong name tagged
    Edited by TonyDemonLord on October 16, 2020 9:56PM
    Xbox NA