The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why should I play mag if you can play stam???

UntouchableHunter
UntouchableHunter
✭✭✭✭
mag vc stam

burst? stam
heals? stam (high Weapon Damage)
resistence? stam (medium armor vs light armor

So why I should play mag?

ZOS must balance this, My stamcro, stamden, stamdk, stamplar, stamblade are to much stronger than my mags....
  • Ringing_Nirnroot
    Ringing_Nirnroot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because there’s content that isn’t melee/stam friendly and “mAg iS mEtA (I main a stamplar, still haven’t converted to mag lol)
  • JayKwellen
    JayKwellen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because there’s content that isn’t melee/stam friendly and “mAg iS mEtA (I main a stamplar, still haven’t converted to mag lol)

@HorkerSlay3r This is the PvP forum though.

Outside of healing/support, stam typically outclasses mag in everything relating to sustain, damage and burst, self-healing, buff management, and survivability. Generally speaking (possible exceptions for magsorc and niche things like snare spamming magdens or harmony magcros), almost anything a mag class can do it's stamina equivalent can do better.
    Edited by JayKwellen on October 16, 2020 5:34AM
    Xbox NA - JaeKwellen
    AD PvP
    Trying to main a magcro. This is awful.
  • Ringing_Nirnroot
    Ringing_Nirnroot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JayKwellen wrote: »

Outside of healing/support, stam typically outclasses mag in everything relating to sustain, damage and burst, self-healing, buff management, and survivability. Generally speaking (possible exceptions for magsorc and niche things like snare spamming magdens or harmony magcros), almost anything a mag class can do it's stamina equivalent can do better.

Didn’t know srry
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    even the proc sets favour stamina!!
  • Hakkanistorm
    Hakkanistorm
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly .... Stam is better because he can dodge a lot.
    all 3 stam weapon specializations have execution
    2H weapons have a stun that is not worth resources.
    resource recovery stam is much higher than mage.
    And of course a bunch of proc sets that release every update for STAM
  • Raammzzaa
    Raammzzaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you look at the group compositions of most of the highly organized PvP groups in ESO (i.e. “ball groups”) recently they have been highly tilted toward mag. If you play solo though, or Zerg surf, then stam is often a good option.
  • Joinovikova
    Joinovikova
    ✭✭✭✭

mag sorc is not exception stam sorc easily outclaased by far not even comparable .. I was shocked by stam sorc presure potential mainly with sheer+venom have presure agins group simmiliar to magsorc one target only presure .. something must be change..
  • Ecfigies
    Ecfigies
    ✭✭✭

mag sorc is not exception stam sorc easily outclaased by far not even comparable .. I was shocked by stam sorc presure potential mainly with sheer+venom have presure agins group simmiliar to magsorc one target only presure .. something must be change..

I shall call for a buff to Mag Sorc!!!

But really, no. sheer+venom it's a pressure with any class, if put on a 'magicka dk bow build', it will work.
  • Xiomaro
    Xiomaro
    ✭✭✭
    Raammzzaa wrote: »
    If you look at the group compositions of most of the highly organized PvP groups in ESO (i.e. “ball groups”) recently they have been highly tilted toward mag. If you play solo though, or Zerg surf, then stam is often a good option.

Mag definitely has more team support options which is what makes it good for ball groups. Cyrodiil isn't the only PVP, though. Stam is also highly favoured in IC and BGs, too.
    Ecfigies wrote: »

But really, no. sheer+venom it's a pressure with any class, if put on a 'magicka dk bow build', it will work.

Stam Sorc is uniquely strong with proc builds because of the mobility. You can give up all your defense, run Swift jewellery, well-fitted armour, 3 procs and Malacath and do absurd damage while being incredibly hard to punish.

DK, Warden and Necro can all use it too but they pay for it with lower healing, lower resistances etc. These classes tend to run stuff like Crimson Twilight that compliments their class kit a lot better but doesn't have the ridiculous pressure that a proc Sorc can put out.

Nightblade is similarly strong for similar reasons to Stam Sorc. You can give up all your defenses, run procs and crutch on your Shade and stealth for survival.
    PC EU No CP PVP
    Xiomaro: Nord Stamsorc
    Xio'maro: Breton Magsorc
    Falura Avelni: Dunmer Vampblade
    Ulric Longboi: Nord Stamden
    Sha'boom-boom: Orc Werewolf Tank
    Morga The Roarer Nord Stamcro
  • Joinovikova
    Joinovikova
    ✭✭✭✭

... no it will not work even close to effectivens on stam buiild... mag has onlibion foe and icy conjuctor nbut its simply weaker by far...
  • Jierdanit
    Jierdanit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

... no it will not work even close to effectivens on stam buiild... mag has onlibion foe and icy conjuctor nbut its simply weaker by far...

I think he meant that he could just slap Sheer Venom and Venomous Smite (or Syvarras) with a bow on a magDK and it would work.
    After that it ofc certainly is not a magDK anymore, but it would sadly probably work since you really only need Poison Injection + those proc sets and you do insane damage.
    PC/EU, StamSorc Main
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I only find magden, magcro and magnb underperforming in PvP and the only stam classes which are really overperforming are warden and necro. Like seriously, these two are far ahead of everything else right now.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feel like stam and mag both have their place. None of that really matters because both versions currently just abuse sets that need to be removed from the game.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • UntouchableHunter
    UntouchableHunter
    ✭✭✭✭

I agree. When I'm playing with my magdk and I have one Stamwhatever with me we is a easy play because Stam have executioner.

When I'm alone against any mag I a good fight. But when I fight a Stam (especially necro and Warden) if the player is good is almost impossible to kill.

I think zos should make some changes.
    It is really OK Stam reach more WD
    It is really ok Stam have resistance with medium armor.
    It is OK Stam have a execution skills really strong it is make sense.

But they should make mag have more heals and maybe more recovery than Stam.
  • xshatox
    xshatox
    ✭✭✭✭
    For PVP stam is generally way better. PVE is preferable than stam. When playing mag I tried to play at range since basically we are *** when stam get close. Good luck finding progressive content group with stam especially melee stam. You can find it but geneally they prefer mag.
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    perma roll dodge is what is making stam so strong. Specs like magnb which have nothing that can hit dodging targets, can't hit with anything. Meanwhile the perma rollers will have their procs do the damage.

and i've seen more without proc sets actually, just roll around until dawnbreaker is ready and burst down.
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • JinxxND
    JinxxND
    ✭✭✭✭

This, large scale favors mag smaller scale favors stam although that is generally speaking and there are exceptions
    PC NA -
    'Jinxx - Nightblade
    'Jinxx X Necromancer
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to make a viable magicka execute ability
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It won't change the fact that running out of stam equals dead. Running out of magicka, not so much.

You even the playing field by making block, dodge, sprint and break free use the lowest resource pool.

Today's stamina players would have a real eye opener if they had to manage their 11K mag pool like magicka players have to manage their stamina pool, lol.
  • Dunning_Kruger
    Dunning_Kruger
    ✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »

It won't change the fact that running out of stam equals dead. Running out of magicka, not so much.

You even the playing field by making block, dodge, sprint and break free use the lowest resource pool.

Today's stamina players would have a real eye opener if they had to manage their 11K mag pool like magicka players have to manage their stamina pool, lol.

Eh they would just run EV and candy skulls with tri glyphs and have 18k mag with 1100 mag reco before tri pot.

For the Queen bby
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You should always have stam for Break free etc no matter the build.

If any character is struggling to sustain its a build/player issue
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Novel idea but try playing whats most fun. Its that simple. If you are playing what you have most fun playing you wont have time to go on forum complaining about something better.

Unless of course complaining on forum is fun on it own lol, then welcome to the group.
    Edited by SodanTok on October 18, 2020 4:35PM
  • UntouchableHunter
    UntouchableHunter
    ✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »
    Novel idea but try playing whats most fun. Its that simple. If you are playing what you have most fun playing you wont have time to go on forum complaining about something better.

Unless of course complaining on forum is fun on it own lol, then welcome to the group.

😁 Is it really fun complaing on forum.

And is it really fun play with mag classes.

But could be better with ZOS balance mag and Stam. Could be fun and fair. But now is not fair at all
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Eh they would just run EV and candy skulls with tri glyphs and have 18k mag with 1100 mag reco before tri pot.

That is the entire point. Other than cloak-crazy stamblades, how many stam builds have to even worry about their off stat, much less dedicate a set and food to it?
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't say magicka is bad, but certainly there is classes where stamina is way better. I don't think many would try to deny the power of a magplar in heavy armor with sword and board backbar. They can just block cast through all damage and then smite you in seconds. They just got to bring the other magicka specs up to that level of power. I seen a magplar ganker that was making even me envious of his burst combo from stealth. I don't know what he was running, but he was killing people in one less gcd then I can with snipe, so it certainly works. Then you got the niche magicka builds like bomb blades that absolutely destroy the balance of the game. I don't want to hear "SNIPE OP" while bomb blades are going around blowing up entire zergs.... I am probably going to swap from stamina to magicka on my nb just for that.

I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • SshadowSscale
    SshadowSscale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't say magicka is bad, but certainly there is classes where stamina is way better. I don't think many would try to deny the power of a magplar in heavy armor with sword and board backbar. They can just block cast through all damage and then smite you in seconds. They just got to bring the other magicka specs up to that level of power. I seen a magplar ganker that was making even me envious of his burst combo from stealth. I don't know what he was running, but he was killing people in one less gcd then I can with snipe, so it certainly works. Then you got the niche magicka builds like bomb blades that absolutely destroy the balance of the game. I don't want to hear "SNIPE OP" while bomb blades are going around blowing up entire zergs.... I am probably going to swap from stamina to magicka on my nb just for that.

bombing is way harder and more risky than sitting at max range spamming snipe into someone.... bombing takes a lot more setup and one stealth detect or revealing flare etc can really ruin your day
  • Dunning_Kruger
    Dunning_Kruger
    ✭✭✭✭
    I main stam but I do believe mag needs some definite love.

For the Queen bby
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

bombing is way harder and more risky than sitting at max range spamming snipe into someone.... bombing takes a lot more setup and one stealth detect or revealing flare etc can really ruin your day

But you also get 20x more kills. Only thing hard about it is finding a group to bomb. I would say the setup is about that same as a sniper, maybe even less if the bomber isn't using simmering frenzy. Apply buffs->boom combo vs apply buffs->simmering frenzy to low hp->Snipe combo. That sniper combo is also only really good against potatoes where as a bomber could easily catch multiple good players in a bomb. Agree to disagree, but imo bomber>sniper.
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • ImSoPro
    ImSoPro
    ✭✭✭
    Cause magsorc is alpha
  • WaywardArgonian
    WaywardArgonian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regardless of the meta I've always preferred having the range of magicka builds. Of course, now there are tons of bow snipers about so it's more of a moot point, but I do feel like a lot of those snipers have a bit of a straightforward playing style.

One thing that does screw me over now more than anything as a magicka player is the perma roll dodge on some stam specs. To my knowledge, there are few ways to counter it. People also like to complain about Nightblade invisibility, but at least in that case there is a clear counter-play you can put to the table, whether it's revealing flare, radiant magelight or detect pots, all of which are available to every class. But fighting a stamblade that has access to cloak and dodge roll? For me, that's when it starts sucking the fun out of fights.
    PC/EU altaholic | Smallscale & ballgroup healer | Former Empanada of Ravenwatch | @ degonyte in-game | Nibani Ilath-Pal (AD Nightblade) - AvA rank 50 | Jehanne Teymour (AD Sorcerer) - AvA rank 50 | Niria Ilath-Pal (AD Templar) - AvA rank 50