The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Major/Minor Changes...why?

p00tx
p00tx
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Disclaimer: If you're not part of end game raiding or one of the very few Zos people who actually bother to read this stuff, this doesn't pertain to you and is just going to be a long, boring read that will probably annoy you and prompt super unhelpful and counterproductive responses. I'd suggest ignoring this post for the sake of your sanity and moving on to something that is more interesting to you.

Nothing, and I mean NOTHING that was done in this upcoming patch is going to actually reduce damage when it's released. If anything, damage will be higher overall, yet again, which means changes were introduced with little thought given to how they would actually play out with and interact with other skills, buffs, and debuffs in the game. They were made just for the sake of making changes, which is a highly ineffectual way to maintain a healthy game. In fact, the only thing that was actually accomplished was to cost us another boatload of gold in upgrade mats for sets that will be rendered useless (yet again) once the patch drops.

We have the introduction of the latest trial, Kyne's Aegis (Which is still extremely broken on Xbox btw. We've been begging and pleading for a fix since it dropped, and you've been completely ignoring us since then. Super awesome job), which gave us exactly one useful set this patch. The great thing about this set, Roaring Opportunist, is that it was designed so well that it gave us options for once. A group could run RO, or it could run MA on dps. This kind of flexibility was perfect in its design, and is how sets SHOULD function. You tried to do this with SPC and Olorime, but that one fell a bit short of the mark. We should always have so many great and viable sets to choose from that we're overwhelmed by our options. With these upcoming changes however, both of these sets are becoming ineffectual for use in any group that is trying to min/max in any way.

Why? What was the point of these changes? Did anyone even consider how it would affect the sets currently in circulation, or are we just supposed to toss out yet another sets(s) rendered useless by yet another round of changes? Could we maybe start getting packs of gold upgrade mats and transmutation crystals every time you do this to make up for the ones we wasted on sets that were useful for exactly one patch? These aren't things that can be purchased in the crown store, so it's not like you guys will be out any actual money by doing this.

If the whole point of this was to reduce overall damage, it isn't going to work. Go back to listening to the players who have done the math (someone just posted the math that prompted this whole rant in discord, and the results are pretty damning) and who have intimate knowledge of how these sets actually work and how they work together and how they're used to access the various buffs and debuffs available in the game. While you're at it, stop trying to change everything to stop the progress of literally 1% of the game's total population. End game will always find a way to outsmart the devs and do big damage. ALWAYS. You're wasting time and resources on things that are not going to increase the game's health. Focus on your broken mechanics. Focus on cleaning up the coding that keeps getting worse and worse each patch. Focus on releasing your content with fewer game breaking bugs. Get your people into the pts and get them to actually play the content on the hardest difficulty available, without your god-buffs. Play it with the gear available and see how it actually feels. Get people busy fixing the stuff that players have been telling you is broken for months, or even years in some cases and stop tossing out our tickets as soon as we've submitted them.

I know this will probably either get ignored completely, or locked by a moderator and lost once the usual forum trolls jump in to tell me how stupid and uninformed/elitist/dumb/blind/whiny/go play something else/etc (did I miss anything?) I am, but it needs to be said, yet again. Can we just stop doing this? Please?
PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I truly believe that they legitimately have no real idea how to fix the game at this point. They make changes every patch to "balance" things, and inevitably break three other things in the process. Those things may or may not be ignored, as the cycle continues.

That might be one of the reasons for the new set collection system. We have to have very specific pieces of very specific sets, (that's always changing), to push content and we just don't have the room. The drastic changes will probably continue, until the last remaining groups just stop running content.

I've been trying to put up rosters over the last few months across all of my guilds, and not really having any success. When we do actually run, content is wonky and buggy. PS4 endgame is becoming a ghost town. It feels like there's maybe 20 groups total doing anything serious, and a lot of those groups have the same people in them. It's really just a disheartening time to be playing. :(
    Edited by UntilValhalla13 on October 14, 2020 9:26PM
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's the same on Xbox. Most of the top end players have either quit or moved to PC, and this patch's influx of new end game raiders has been super small. I'm trying to get acclimated on PC now, but it's hard to find that joy I used to have for the game.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pvp is the reason why all the nonsense changes every patch. [snip] Its either someone is too tanky, cant be killed OP, or someone killed them easily then their sets/skills OP.

Pvp is only small part of the game but for some reason dictates pve endgame builds and gameplay. It's time they separated them somehow already.

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on October 15, 2020 12:41PM
  • JayKwellen
    JayKwellen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kurat wrote: »
    Pvp is the reason why all the nonsense changes every patch. [snip] Its either someone is too tanky, cant be killed OP, or someone killed them easily then their sets/skills OP.

Pvp is only small part of the game but for some reason dictates pve endgame builds and gameplay. It's time they separated them somehow already.

If you want to [snip] call for nerfs about a set or class or skill or whatever in PvP, you should be required to post a clip of you getting killed by it for the developers and community to analyze otherwise your post gets deleted.

Now I'm not no statistician or nothing, but I'd put a hefty wager on approximately 87.9% of those [snip] nerf threads would either end up being deleted or simply marked as [snip] issues.

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on October 15, 2020 12:42PM
    Xbox NA - JaeKwellen
    AD PvP
    Trying to main a magcro. This is awful.
  • scottii
    scottii
    ✭✭✭
    Kurat wrote: »

actually, most regular pvper's just want the game fixed. those complaining about tanks or unkillable builds, are just inexperienced pvp players.

when there's been a 3-4 year demand for the exact same thing "FIX THE GAME", that sorta tells ya something. you should probably fix the game.
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on October 15, 2020 12:42PM
    Praying the Daedric Gods will make Cyrodiil great again.
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunno tbh, I'm always glad change happen whatever they're. It made the game less boring to me to find and theo-craft new build for specific content.

With the coming change, in some trial we'll see a return of some selfish set for Tank du to the loss of mitigation and healer will have to actually heal and not just drop few aoe and spam buff/debuff.
    Weakening glyph and cowardice gonna be mandatory debuff in some of the hard hitting content.

I don't see change as bad as people want to make them. That just a new challenge, exactly when everyone was crying about all change to healing-skill and yet few day after every one had adapt and we for sur can agree that it's better to heal atm than spamming orb and spring like it was before.

So, yeah, I'm just gonna wait, test many thing and adapt like we always do.
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

• master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buff and Debuff changes are good.
    Game balance will be better.
    I am willing to adapt.
  • Stahlor
    Stahlor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's more annoying, that they alternate to buff and nerf stuff every patch now. It seems like they have no clue anymore, what they're actually doing.
    buff vampire like crazy --> next patch unusable
    buff sets like crazy --> next update nerf the same sets...
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aznarb wrote: »
    With the coming change, in some trial we'll see a return of some selfish set for Tank due

Where and Why is that?
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Kurat The nerfs to Critical Chance have nothing to do with PvP, that's pure PvE. Though you're right that nerflings dying to things in PvP are the catalyst for many unjustified and nonsensical changes.
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    karekiz wrote: »
    With the coming change, in some trial we'll see a return of some selfish set for Tank due

Where and Why is that?

VKA HM for exemple.
    Why ? Because Tank lose 10% mitigation from minor main + 3 % mitigation from minor protection.
    Since you already need gard + a personal healer from the off-tank to do it, you'll have to find solution to compensate the loss.
    And since buff/debuff like major main and protection gonna be towned down too, you can't really count on them either especially when they often have very low duration.
    And since Alkosh will not be needed anymore that let room for another set anyway.
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

• LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Kurat The nerfs to Critical Chance have nothing to do with PvP, that's pure PvE. Though you're right that nerflings dying to things in PvP are the catalyst for many unjustified and nonsensical changes.

Nerfing crit chance make the almighty PTW ring even more powerful in pvp. That's business consideration.

I guess more similar mythic items are coming up. That could be also one of the reasons of nerfing the long existing mechanics of major / minor.
    No improvement on Cyrodill servers -> no ESO plus renewal.
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Nerfing crit chance make the almighty PTW ring even more powerful in pvp. That's business consideration.

I guess more similar mythic items are coming up. That could be also one of the reasons of nerfing the long existing mechanics of major / minor.

You could definitely be right, but it still seems silly and a waste of resources. I think I'm just losing interest in constantly changing up my entire loadout every patch. I'd just like to progress the existing content without having to start all over every patch.
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    karekiz wrote: »

Where and Why is that?

VKA HM for exemple.
    Why ? Because Tank lose 10% mitigation from minor main + 3 % mitigation from minor protection.
    Since you already need gard + a personal healer from the off-tank to do it, you'll have to find solution to compensate the loss.
    And since buff/debuff like major main and protection gonna be towned down too, you can't really count on them either especially when they often have very low duration.
    And since Alkosh will not be needed anymore that let room for another set anyway.

Yolnah & Galenwe maybe?

I also expect to see the off tank running ice staff for minor brittle.
    in 4 person content i'll probably be mostly ice staff and just bar swapping to apply pierce armour.