The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Promote Your Guild & Win Custom Collectibles"

ZOS_SarahHecker
ZOS_SarahHecker
✭✭✭✭✭
h7cber0dym35.png

This is the official discussion thread for the blog article: "Promote Your Guild & Win Custom Collectibles"

Celebrate and showcase your guild by crafting a recruitment poster or video and you could win amazing in-game prizes for your whole guild, including a custom-made mount and furnishings.
Edited by ZOS_SarahHecker on November 2, 2020 6:40PM
Staff Post
  • TwinLamps
    TwinLamps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lets see.
    My PvP guild stopped raiding in 2019, around July.
    My PvE guild disbanded on 1st of December 2019.
    And now my trading guild is being deleted because reasons.

Im sorry, I have no guild I could promote.
    And my country is a 3rd world european SH that cant even participate in sweepstakes.

Awake, but at what cost
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @TwinLamps sorry to hear that. Just to clarify, only the player submitting the entry on behalf of the guild needs to be from an eligible country. All the active members of the winning guild will be eligible for the prizes regardless of country.
    Staff Post
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your guild spans multiple platforms, can we submit 1 entry for all those platforms? 1 entry per platform? How would that work?
  • Rykoth
    Rykoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Clarification needed: no screenshots permitted... does that mean we can't take screenshots of our characters and cut them/paste them to doctor them up in a certain creative way with other artsy stuff?
    Gorthal gro-Gunthak, Chieftain of Mor'Grumaar
    Sigrun Elkhorn, Nordic Warrior and Skald

Mor'Grumaar - Orcish Stronghold Roleplay
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to clear up a few questions:
    1. Only the platform/server of the submitter will be eligible for prizes. We, unfortunately, cannot give the prizes to sister guilds on different servers or platforms.
    2. No plain screenshots should be submitted. It should ultimately look like a poster, but if you use elements of a screenshot in your design that is okay.
    3. Only the submitter needs to be in an eligible country. The guild members do not.
    Staff Post
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Only the platform/server of the submitter will be eligible for prizes. We, unfortunately, cannot give the prizes to sister guilds on different servers or platforms.
    2. No plain screenshots should be submitted. It should ultimately look like a poster, but if you use elements of a screenshot in your design that is okay.
    3. Only the submitter needs to be in an eligible country. The guild members do not.

So for the record to avoid double speak:
    players from non- eligible countries win the same prizes as players from eligible countries if anyone of their guilds entries win?
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    players from non- eligible countries win the same prizes as players from eligible countries if anyone of their guilds entries win?

If the person who submitted the entry is from an eligible country and wins, all active members of the guild will be eligible for the prizes (even if they don't live in an eligible country.)

While we are limited from participating in certain countries for legal reasons, we wanted to make sure no one in the winning guilds was left out.

Staff Post
  • Rykoth
    Rykoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are there any copywrite concerns we should worry about with fonts by chance?
    Gorthal gro-Gunthak, Chieftain of Mor'Grumaar
    Sigrun Elkhorn, Nordic Warrior and Skald

Mor'Grumaar - Orcish Stronghold Roleplay
  • sirinsidiator
    sirinsidiator
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a few more questions.
    1. How does this furnishing work? Will it change when the guild tabard is updated, or stay the same forever?
    2. What happens once a member leaves the guild? (Regular tabard shows as a white rag in that case)
    3. Does "based on the existing Alliance War Horse" mean it will have the alliance color of a guild on the horse or even change based the player's alliance, or is that replaced with the colors from the tabard entirely?
    4. If it is using the alliance color, could you provide an alternative neutral version for guilds that have no interest in the alliances?
    5. Can you change the rules that say you are allowed to post the real name and other information for marketing purposes without further permission? That's a definite no-go for me as I only want to be identified by my ingame handle and if it stays like that I'd have to find someone else who doesn't mind that and enters on behalf of my guild.
    https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/ - My Addons - The Vault (Early updates and experimental projects) - My patreon - My blog
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If the person who submitted the entry is from an eligible country and wins, all active members of the guild will be eligible for the prizes (even if they don't live in an eligible country.)

While we are limited from participating in certain countries for legal reasons, we wanted to make sure no one in the winning guilds was left out.

Well thank you for that! Please for the love of all that is in Bob Ross' happy trees reconsider the divisive effect of the format of this event next year. Its a great idea and I am SURE that ZOSis more than capable to find a more inclusive way to have the same event.
    That said I will relay this info to my guildies who can actually enter. ;)
  • Gelmir
    Gelmir
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker , would it be OK if in case we win, our furniture book or note has an Acknowledgement text (instead of some "fun memories text"), which would be a testament to the hard work of our contributing members?
    Check-out ~~ GuildPlanner.Pro ~~ Your Ultimate Guild & Character Management Tool
    ★ Lodge of Sorceresses [PC/EU] - LF Serious PvEers: Midgame to Endgame Growth! ★ We NEED You! | Join Discord Server | Youtube Channel
  • Gelmir
    Gelmir
    ✭✭✭
    Gelmir wrote: »
    @ZOS_SarahHecker , would it be OK if in case we win, our furniture book or note has an Acknowledgement text (instead of some "fun memories text"), which would be a testament to the hard work of our contributing members?

In such Acknowledgement text, I would like to mention people by name and their hard work that made us what we are today. Plus some general thanks to all members (past and present), for relatively general things we achieved as a guild.
    Edited by Gelmir on October 14, 2020 4:49PM
    Check-out ~~ GuildPlanner.Pro ~~ Your Ultimate Guild & Character Management Tool
    ★ Lodge of Sorceresses [PC/EU] - LF Serious PvEers: Midgame to Endgame Growth! ★ We NEED You! | Join Discord Server | Youtube Channel
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clan Claws have expressed an interest yes. Let us see what we can do ...

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Sorries
    Sorries
    ✭✭✭
    So you can't make a poster completely out of furnishings either?
    GM Tamriel Homes - PC EU
  • Sorries
    Sorries
    ✭✭✭
    since it is technically a screenshot
    GM Tamriel Homes - PC EU
  • FlaviusPK
    FlaviusPK
    ✭✭✭
    if I understood the article right, this is going to be one of the events which part player community strongly. Unique things ingame which one can not get in ANY way if he's not the part of such guild, not to mention many players will try to apply to some guilds just for custom stuff and crowns.
  • MinuitPro
    MinuitPro
    ✭✭✭✭

Can all platforms and servers of the same guild submit the same entire-guild material or does it have to be unique per server?
  • Onigar
    Onigar
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, I am super impressed. Austria is now listed in the rules as an eligible country.

This is the first ESO competition I can enter after many years of playing :)

My PC EU guild, Dawn of Flames could benefit from a little promoting.

I will submit an entry for sure.
    Edited by Onigar on October 20, 2020 7:20AM
    PC EU
    Addon Author:
    Currency Manager: http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1998
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, so we can use a screenshot if we add other stuff to the poster too?

edit: I would like clarification because the official rules link states

"1. Poster Entries – Entrants submitting posters shall upload their poster with their entry in JPG or PNG
    format. Poster entries must be a unique design created by the entrant’s ESO guild. Screenshots are not
    permitted as part of the design
    . Designs can be created using computer graphics, hand-drawn, painted,
    etc. as long as the final product is unique and the file can be uploaded to the entry submissions page as an
    image."
    Edited by Mix on October 15, 2020 6:44PM
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kind of a weird question, but does your guild have to be actively recruiting in order to participate? My main guild is a mostly-PvP guild and we aren't currently recruiting, so I wouldn't want to be misleading with a "recruitment-style" poster/video if the idea is for people to actually try to join the guild.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one has a practical question that has come to thought.

If we upload a video to Mew Tube are we allowed to set it as unlisted until after the competition closing date?

That means only those with the link can see it.

Otherwise everyone will be able to able to see everyone else's entry.

I mean this one would love to see all the other entries but only after the closing date.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

• Gelmir
    Gelmir
    ✭✭✭

In such Acknowledgement text, I would like to mention people by name and their hard work that made us what we are today. Plus some general thanks to all members (past and present), for relatively general things we achieved as a guild.

ZOS, anyone can answer my questions plz?
  • DBZVelena
    DBZVelena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A poorly thought out competition.
    Not only are the rules for the entry unclear but its clear only large guilds would have even a chance of winning.
    There's a first place and a second place. but nothing for anybody else. not even a honorable mentions mini torchbug.
    A waste of time if you're not in a large pvp guild or in a raiding guild.
    What are Natch Potes? Can you eat those?
    I believe in Genie-Gina.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker @ZOS_RichLambert Why can't ZOS hold/create events where ALL players are eligible to participate?!?

"(...) All participants submitting entries must (...) a legal resident of (i) one of the 50 United States (or the District of Columbia) excluding the territories, military installations and commonwealths (ii) Canada (iii) UK, France, Germany, Austria, Poland, Spain, Belgium, Sweden, Switzerland, Norway, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Russia (iv) Australia, New Zealand or (v) Argentina, Mexico, Peru. (...)"
    Edited by redlink1979 on October 22, 2020 2:48PM
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having already done a fair bit of the video for Clan Claws this one thought she should have a look at the fine print.

Khajiit is glad she did so and will mention a couple of points for those also too consumed by the creative process to do the wordy looking stuff.

Firstly the music you use must be from ESO or a free use library thing. No copyright issues etc. Luckily our guild has a very talented musician so we have that covered. - edit: not quite covered as a cover is neither music from the original nor can be considered free use - contacted customer support for clarification.

Secondly you have to include recruitment contact details in the video, even if you are not looking for additional members. This is something Khajiit could easily have missed.

So there you are movie kittens. Two things to consider.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Edited by SantieClaws on October 26, 2020 11:04AM

• Sorries
    Sorries
    ✭✭✭
    Does the music have to be ESO or is music from other Elder Scrolls games allowed? @ZOS_SarahHecker

GM Tamriel Homes - PC EU
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one asked Customer Services and they were very firm we should not use music from Skyrim.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

• Sorries
    Sorries
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks! They should really either continue to answer questions or be more specific, another guild found 3 different interpretations about what and isn't allowed for the poster as well.
    GM Tamriel Homes - PC EU
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one does hope they run more competitions like this in the future.

It would be helpful though if there were more clarity on the requirements from the beginning and more answering of the questions people have had as they have come across issues.

Additionally some links to places where we can find 'royalty free' music would be helpful as well as clarification as to what exactly is meant. Does it have to be completely free use or is creative commons acceptable? What if someone makes a copyright claim on the music but not one that produces a demand that the video be monetised? for example could we have used 'Ghosts' as we did in an earlier film?

Many of us are not musicians or music editors and to find the right piece of music with the right mood and the right length has been the most difficult part of this video project.

The ESO music is lovely and for some things it works very well but where you are trying to show off many aspects of guild life this one finds it just too subtle. A soundtrack after all is supposed to be in the background whereas for this you need something that smacks you a little more in the whiskers yes.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

• Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello @ZOS_SarahHecker I don't know if there's still someone in this part of the forum but let's see :o

I live in France and I was running for this since tonight, in our zone it is up until 07 nov. 08:59am

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/fr/news/post/58891
    Créez une affiche ou une vidéo de recrutement qui présente votre guilde
    Si vous recrutez, n’oubliez pas d’indiquer aux joueurs comment trouver votre guilde !
    Les entrées vidéo doivent durer moins de deux minutes et être publiées sur YouTube
    Les affiches doivent être proposées au format JPG ou PNG
    Envoyez votre affiche ou votre vidéo via ce formulaire avant samedi 7 novembre à 8h59

Yet the link for entries seems to be shut down, I'm trying for one hour now and nothing happens. Is it closed for the whole world already?
    Seems like something went wrong ^-^'

That would be a shame to lose my 16 hours of hard work for this poster :/
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;