The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Warden sustain

Iccengi
Iccengi
✭✭✭
With the changes to ice wall making it dps viable this puts warden in a great place to utilize it but wardens have a continuing problem with sustain in pve.
Please consider adding to the warden the same passive as the dk where as in procing chilled will generate mag return (like dk burning) this has little use in pvp to be exploited but would help warden just enough to make parsing doable.
As of right now you cannot parse warden without changing skills or doing things you actually wouldn’t do in raid and it suffers little use because of that. Please consider this as you make changes and make ice damage a more relevant and even necessary thing.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Buff My Class" threads should be in Combat & Character Mechanics section, @Iccengi.

PTS is for testing, evaluation, and feedback on actual changes proposed by ZOS in the patch notes.

I support your idea, but this is the wrong venue.
  • llBlack_Heartll
    llBlack_Heartll
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iccengi wrote: »
    With the changes to ice wall making it dps viable this puts warden in a great place to utilize it but wardens have a continuing problem with sustain in pve.
    Please consider adding to the warden the same passive as the dk where as in procing chilled will generate mag return (like dk burning) this has little use in pvp to be exploited but would help warden just enough to make parsing doable.
    As of right now you cannot parse warden without changing skills or doing things you actually wouldn’t do in raid and it suffers little use because of that. Please consider this as you make changes and make ice damage a more relevant and even necessary thing.

I agree that Warden's have poor sustain.
    I would be happy if they dropped the Auto Purge from the netch and added Minor Intellect and Endurance to the relevant morphs.

It would be a nerf to the Netch, but it has been forever complained about in PvP.
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "Buff My Class" threads should be in Combat & Character Mechanics section, @Iccengi.

PTS is for testing, evaluation, and feedback on actual changes proposed by ZOS in the patch notes.

I support your idea, but this is the wrong venue.

I wouldn't say this is the wrong venue, given that the OP directly references a change being made this PTS cycle and how sustain can/may be affected by it. Seems a perfectly reasonable and relevant time to bring it up.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Parsing we use eye scream, but who uses that in actual content? No one
    Most people use Artaeum bi-stat, so in actual content sustain is even worse.

I'm glad you brought up the sustain passive for magDK giving resources back, you're correct it should give you sustain, just like we should get more than just burning damage does 50% more while Magdens get 10% critical damage ( and also brittle now but since that's a buff for everyone I don't include it here )

MagDK also has sustain issues, to counter this, I think the sustain passive ( the new warden one as well ) should have major intellect, minor intellect, CP, and other passives affect it as well, so instead of a flat 500, resource passives would increase this.

Honestly there are so many adjustments needed to be made, but this suggestion is a good one.
    Edited by Jodynn on October 13, 2020 6:22PM
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • Recapitated
    Recapitated
    ✭✭✭✭
    Even with the major intellect buff?
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ele drain/minor magickasteal was nerfed
    Edited by ecru on October 14, 2020 12:12AM
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would love to see the Dragonknight passive concept expanded to as many classes as it would make sense on.
    • Sorcerers with Concussion.
    • Nightblades with Diseased
    • Wardens with Chilled.

Basically anything that rewards playing into a class's theme and overall archetypes with your build.

It'd also make Charged a more globally relevant trait in both PvP and PvE.
  • Recapitated
    Recapitated
    ✭✭✭✭
    ecru wrote: »

ele drain/minor magickasteal was nerfed

Right
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Most classes have sustain issues. But you
    I would love to see the Dragonknight passive concept expanded to as many classes as it would make sense on.
    • Sorcerers with Concussion.
    • Nightblades with Diseased
    • Wardens with Chilled.

Basically anything that rewards playing into a class's theme and overall archetypes with your build.

It'd also make Charged a more globally relevant trait in both PvP and PvE.

Except DK sustain is even worse
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't reliably measure Frost staves sustain on dummy since you get 1800 magicka upon getting hit from Destruction Expert.
    In actual trial/dungeon you have Master Resto, Hollowfang or Symphony to keep your steam going.

And yes, DK sustain is even worse. If you have a vamp stage 1, even with parse food and Charged staff, you get dry. Without vamp you barely make it.
    DK needs better Combustion or faster ult gen.
    Edited by robpr on October 14, 2020 7:37AM
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    robpr wrote: »
    You can't reliably measure Frost staves sustain on dummy since you get 1800 magicka upon getting hit from Destruction Expert.
    In actual trial/dungeon you have Master Resto, Hollowfang or Symphony to keep your steam going.

And yes, DK sustain is even worse. If you have a vamp stage 1, even with parse food and Charged staff, you get dry. Without vamp you barely make it.
    DK needs better Combustion or faster ult gen.

faster ult gen doesn't really solve the problem if resource gain is still tied to ult cost rather than ult consumption because then your recovery is penalized for every point of ult you gain over the ult you used. the expectation that, to have equal recovery to other classes, you're using an ult the moment it's ready or always consuming ult equal to your ult cost is part of what has caused dk recovery to be so terrible compared to other classes. the dk ult passive will only ever be balanced if it's tied to ult consumed rather than ult cost. as a dk, every second you hold off on using an ult you're falling behind the recovery of every other class/build. the implications of this on pvp are obvious but even in pve there are times you want to hold off on your ult, so in my opinion this is a very poor design choice that can never really be balanced unless it's changed.
    Edited by ecru on October 15, 2020 12:04AM
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer