The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

[Tours Across Tamriel] Vvardenfell's Rainbow Netches

guarstompemoji
guarstompemoji
✭✭✭✭
Vvardenfell features some of the most unique flora and fauna in all of Tamriel! Did you know that their baby netches change color, too, depending where you are? I attempted to discuss this with Fendros, but he appeared distracted at the time.

kd8vbexj2q2l.png

n6ojodjxd2qf.png

x-posted to Twitter.
Edited by guarstompemoji on October 6, 2020 2:08PM
  • guarstompemoji
    guarstompemoji
    ✭✭✭✭
    Update to guide: Green baby netches may be found among Vvarndenfell's northern coastline! This brings us to three netch colors, all within this amazing island!

9zjtid1pbho6.png
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @beagles Great pictures! But are the colors really depending on the environment? Or might it be male (blue/green) and female (reddish) netch calves, as adult netch are differently colored too?
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • Aigym_Hlervu
    Aigym_Hlervu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed with Syldras - awesome pictures, OP! Ah, Morrowind - home, sweet home :)!..
  • ClumbsyKhajiit
    ClumbsyKhajiit
    Soul Shriven
    This one would say that the Wardens define the green ones as Bull netches, and the blues as Bettys. This one would also think that is based on gender.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Home indeed, since I set my first foot on that island. Can't believe it's almost 20 years ago. I especially like the 3rd picture. Beautiful lighting.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went a bit netchspotting, too.

Found a bull and 3 blue calves in the North, just at Ald Carac:

Screenshot-20210107-102426.png

And a bull and and a green calf near Urshilaku camp (also in the North-West).

Screenshot-20210107-103045.png

Somehow no cows anywhere?

I've witnessed something horrible, though...
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/557847/mysterious-netch-disease-hits-vvardenfell-inhabitants-in-shock-well-at-least-one-of-them/p1
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • guarstompemoji
    guarstompemoji
    ✭✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »
    @beagles Great pictures! But are the colors really depending on the environment? Or might it be male (blue/green) and female (reddish) netch calves, as adult netch are differently colored too?

It seems to be location-based, based on which part of the island they live on. I could be wrong, though, and that is a great point! Encourage everyone to tour this beautiful landscape. There are so many hidden and beautiful treasures, waiting to be uncovered.

Sorry for the late reply ^^;
  • Tethilia
    Tethilia
    ✭✭✭
    So are we going to make a hobby out of Netchspotting?
    Are we doing this?
  • guarstompemoji
    guarstompemoji
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tethilia wrote: »
    So are we going to make a hobby out of Netchspotting?
    Are we doing this?

I mean...I think photographing amazing netches could be amazing :D