The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Account wipe?

richo262
richo262
✭✭✭✭✭
I just logged into PTS, no characters present, no houses, its like a complete reset.

I'm new to PTS, is this normal? Does it take time to copy over the normal server?
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They switch character copies each pts patch. Now it's the EU character copies, meaning whatever you have on EU server is copied to the PTS server.
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll add, I was using the PTS just fine with 6.2 and 6.2.1
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, so NA gets wiped entirely? Fair enough. Guess they have to do that for name conflicts.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    richo262 wrote: »
    Oh, so NA gets wiped entirely? Fair enough. Guess they have to do that for name conflicts.

It's not the names actually. You already can't have a name that a player on the other server already has.
    No, the reason is that the players from EU can't test how PTS affects their characters if it's only NA and vice-versa. So that's why they switch every two weeks or so and PTS synchronises account data with the live server.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »

It's not the names actually. You already can't have a name that a player on the other server already has.
    No, the reason is that the players from EU can't test how PTS affects their characters if it's only NA and vice-versa. So that's why they switch every two weeks or so and PTS synchronises account data with the live server.

To expand on this a bit, the primary goal of the PTS is to test changes, not "play." ZOS alternates between the EU and NA servers, copying a snapshot of them over onto the PTS during testing cycles.

EDIT: As a result, the PTS is wiped fairly frequently, and any progress you make on the PTS will be wiped. Again, this is a testing environment primarily. It can be useful for prototyping builds, but anything you do on the PTS will be gone with the next server copy.

If you don't play on a server that's been copied over, your best option is to create a template. You do this during character creation by clicking on the drop down menu in the upper left hand corner of the screen. Their inventory will be a mess of sealed containers, and you can find (pretty much) whatever you need in those somewhere.

Incidentally, anything you have which is cross server will show up on the PTS regardless of which one you play. (EX: ESO+ status, any chapters which were purchased before they became available with crowns, some specific account entitlements, like the Torchbug, loyalty rewards, the beta monkey, Twitch Crown Crates, the Psijic Grand Villa (if you were present for that promotion), ect.)
    Edited by starkerealm on October 5, 2020 8:45PM
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure I have chars with the same name on EU and NA

• richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, it wasn't a complain that my progress has gone. It was because I had a house setup with all the things to test out reconstruction, now everything on my account is gone to reset that up would be a bit of a mission. As far as progress getting wiped, I couldn't care less.

I actually have not started the quest line of the DLC at all, I have a fair idea that the story is going to be unremarkable if Greymoor is anything to go by and something I'll power through for skill points anyway on live.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nairinhe wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure I have chars with the same name on EU and NA

I've reused the same name on both servers. I don't recommend that, because some addons have (or at least had) serious issues with that, and would get confused. I think this has been, mostly, dealt with, but I'm not 100% sure.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, it wasn't a complain that my progress has gone. It was because I had a house setup with all the things to test out reconstruction, now everything on my account is gone to reset that up would be a bit of a mission. As far as progress getting wiped, I couldn't care less.

I actually have not started the quest line of the DLC at all, I have a fair idea that the story is going to be unremarkable if Greymoor is anything to go by and something I'll power through for skill points anyway on live.

The only things you need for reconstruction testing would be the transmute station, and a template.

Your templates start with bundles of boxes that include every possible item drop in the game (thought, not in every trait.) They're generally categorized by: Source (Dungeon/Trial/Overland) -> Armor Weight (Light/Medium/Heavy) -> Set.

Each set box contains separate Jewelry and Weapons boxes.

There are some exceptions. Ability altering weapons (Maelstrom, Master, Asylum, ect.), Monster Sets, Mythic sets, ect.

But the general setup should be fairly easy to navigate.

The hard one is just getting the transmute station. I can't remember if templates start with vouchers. If they don't, you may need to scrounge around in the other boxes to find a container that will award vouchers. Worst case, there are recursive containers that award master writs, but that's a last resort option.

There are also recursive containers that include crafting mats, so you can get the materials you need.

EDIT: Templates start with 50k Vouchers. Just go buy the station from the writ vendor, and you're set.
    Edited by starkerealm on October 6, 2020 4:30AM
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The only things you need for reconstruction testing would be the transmute station, and a template.

Your templates start with bundles of boxes that include every possible item drop in the game (thought, not in every trait.) They're generally categorized by: Source (Dungeon/Trial/Overland) -> Armor Weight (Light/Medium/Heavy) -> Set.

There are some exceptions. Ability altering weapons (Maelstrom, Master, Asylum, ect.), Monster Sets, Mythic sets, ect.

The hard one is just getting the transmute station. I can't remember if templates start with vouchers. If they don't, you may need to scrounge around in the other boxes to find a container that will award vouchers. Worst case, there are recursive containers that award master writs, but that's a last resort option.

There are also recursive containers that include crafting mats, so you can get the materials you need.

EDIT: Templates start with 50k Vouchers. Just go buy the station from the writ vendor, and you're set.

Just buy transmute station with 1 Crown from the Purchase tab in housing.

You can actually speed up the process of setting up your testing environment by buying with crowns. Potions, poisons, crafting stations, training dummies....everything costs 1 crown on the PTS. And don't worry, crowns on the PTS are not linked to your live account in any way.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on October 6, 2020 5:22AM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just buy transmute station with 1 Crown from the Purchase tab in housing.

You can actually speed up the process of setting up your testing environment by buying with crowns. Potions, poisons, crafting stations, training dummies....everything costs 1 crown on the PTS. And don't worry, crowns on the PTS are not linked to your live account in any way.

I might be blind, but I could not find the Transmute Station in housing. That might be a PTS quirk, I'm unsure. The other crafting stations, sure, but that one was absent.

That said, yeah, going into the store is a huge timesaver on the PTS. You have 5500 crowns which refresh daily, and almost everything has had its cost reduced to 1.