The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Suggestion for Ring of the Pale Order

p00tx
p00tx
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I got to try the ring out on the PTS in Vaneshran, and it actually felt really good, even with my mediocre dps. This item could have real potential for solo play and could give some of the struggling overland solo players a bit of help. It's a cool item, and there was really no need to dial it back the way you did. To keep it from being overpowered in trials, just add in a scaling effect so that for each person in your group, the efficacy is reduced by 5%. That means it'll still be somewhat strong in 4 person, but pretty useless in 12 person, where it could potentially eliminate the need for any healers and add even more power creep.
PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is an official feedback thread already going for the new Mythic Items, @p00tx ... located here:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/546400/pts-update-28-feedback-thread-for-new-item-sets-mythic-items#latest
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you!
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think this was a pretty suitable adjustment from ZOS, it hasn't affected its viability in PvP, but stopped it from ruining trials. Even solo play this is incredibly strong. It has no cooldown so that's 15% per attack up to 3750.
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its still op in solo pve and needs nerfed some more. As it currently is, you dont even need to slot self heal to do the solo vet arenas or solo group vet dungeons. And if some inexperienced groups still needed healer in 4 man content, then now with this ring everyone can say 100% healers are not needed. Healer could be in group only for buffs but even that doesn't make sense coz 3rd dps would increase group dps more than 2dps with healer buffs.
  • Fuzzybrick
    Fuzzybrick
    ✭✭✭
    I was super excited to use this ring on my vampire with simmering frenzy proc'ed.
    Edited by Fuzzybrick on October 5, 2020 11:03PM
    "A TROLL, HUH? WELL, THERE'S ONLY ONE SOLUTION FOR THAT, DESTROY ALL THE BRIDGES IN THE WORLD!"-- Uncle Grandpa

VR 16 Stamina Templar
    VR 16 Magicka Templar
    VR 16 Magicka NB
    VR 16 Stamina DK
    VR 16 Magicka DK
    VR 16 Stamina Sorc
    VR 16 Magicka Sorc

• Fuzzybrick
    Fuzzybrick
    ✭✭✭
    Kurat wrote: »
    Its still op in solo pve and needs nerfed some more. As it currently is, you dont even need to slot self heal to do the solo vet arenas or solo group vet dungeons. And if some inexperienced groups still needed healer in 4 man content, then now with this ring everyone can say 100% healers are not needed. Healer could be in group only for buffs but even that doesn't make sense coz 3rd dps would increase group dps more than 2dps with healer buffs.

We usually don't do vet content with a healer as it is.. so if that's the reason for the change, they need to rethink everything else. I know in my guild most people can self sustain. If that's the concern maybe zos should rethink their every class can do everything motto.
    Edited by Fuzzybrick on October 5, 2020 11:09PM
    "A TROLL, HUH? WELL, THERE'S ONLY ONE SOLUTION FOR THAT, DESTROY ALL THE BRIDGES IN THE WORLD!"-- Uncle Grandpa

VR 16 Stamina Templar
    VR 16 Magicka Templar
    VR 16 Magicka NB
    VR 16 Stamina DK
    VR 16 Magicka DK
    VR 16 Stamina Sorc
    VR 16 Magicka Sorc

• p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'm not concerned about 4 person content. I'm more worried about how this will affect the meta in 12 person groups.
  • Austinseph1
    Austinseph1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    p00tx wrote: »

I'm not concerned about 4 person content. I'm more worried about how this will affect the meta in 12 person groups.

Not as much as you think, healers provide powerful buffs and debuffs, and healing that requires damage isn't as strong as you think. Many mechanics require you to have powerful heals not created by yourself, tombs in SS for example, and at that point 1 healer is required and then the ring goes out the window. It will still be far easier and efficient to have a designated healer/buffer. damage based heals aren't nearly as reliable as designating a healer, and if you even bother to have 1 healer in the group any of this artifact immediately become pointless. You also give up a 5 piece set, and if you have 10 dps, that is 10 5 piece buffs, which is a TON of damage loss. So I know where you are coming from, but just like vampire the only self heals thing removes it from anything from the 1% to take full advantage of and you should never balance the 99% for the 1%.
  • Austinseph1
    Austinseph1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This ring just gives classes that don't have crit surge a chance at good self heals. Its good in scenarios that you wouldnt have a healer in the first place and some classes like dk really need better hots because sorc is so much well rounded while others struggle. I know half of my dps could benefit from this in solo scenarios simply due to the lack of reliable and consistent healing that you get shorted out of. People that will use it to replace a healer wont be the same people that used healers in their groups anyway. At the cost of a 2 piece monster set or a 5 piece its a good trade off and something antiquities should be worth grinding for. Please don't make it as unappealing as the now Thrassian stranglers or the future nerf of Malacath's band. Don't punish solo play, its one of the few places that players should feel free to have fun and there is no downside of a second party being at a disadvantage.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nerf Thrassian stranglers
    Nerf Malacath's band
    Nerf Ring of the Pale Order

ZOS should create the items before PVPers approval .
  • Synssaturdayy9
    you know what i find funny?
    everyone was saying stuff about malacaths band before it even came out like it's to op
    but the first good news for solo pvper's the ring of the pale order and that get's nerfed even though malacath is/was way more of a problem