The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Players, Lets give Set ideas to replace Proc-Meta

JohnOfMarkarth
JohnOfMarkarth
✭✭✭
I made this thread here, not in combat and gameplay live forum side, because its here where proc-meta is commonly discussed.

I wanna see things roooll! Ideas not just whines. Not just "its enough" or "just dont do them"

I wanna see some good... creative fun ideas! Something fun! Something that one could go "Well. That would be better, innit"
negating it all aint the clearest picture innit. We gotta have solutions too

I cant say how good this would be but heres my ideas:

Tonal Anticipation set:
(Medium and light)

2p: Spell and Weapon Damage
3p: Offensive Penetration
4p: Crit chance
5p: After using a light attack, your crit chance increases by 533.Using a non-cast time, non-channeled offensive ability after the light attack increases crit chance by additional 1064 and the next channeled/cast-time ability is a guaranteed critical hit with 20% more critical damage. However you take 10% more damage while the cast-time/channeled ability is being cast

Light attacking or not using a channeled/cast time ability after the second condition is met will remove the bonus crit chance and put the 5th piece bonus on 10s cooldown and give a stack of Anticlimax, reducing crit chance by 1064

Heavy Drop set:
(Medium Armor)

2p: Offensive Penetration
3p: Offensive Penetration
4p: Weapon Damage
5p: Each consecutive light attack within 1s of each other increases damage of your next heavy attack performed right after the light attacks by 20% up to 140%, The stack buildup has a cooldown of 3s and your physical and spell resistance is lowered by 2048 when you gain two stacks

Marching Drum set:
(Heavy)

2p: Max Health
3p: Health Regen
4p: Healing Received
5p: Every second you spend walking instead of Running or Sprinting, lets out a roaring drum, granting up to 12 allies 5 ultimate, up to five times, after which the effect is on 5 second cooldown

Winterhold's Embrace set:
(Light)

2p: Spell Damage
3p: Spell Damage
4p: Max Mag
5p: Decreases cost of Frost abilities by 3%, Increases your chance of afflicting enemies with Chilled status effects by 75% and increases your damage done with Frost Damage abilities against enemies affected by Chilled by 10%, you take 7% more damage from lightning damage abilities

Mother Morrowind's Protection set:
(Light)

2p: Mag Regen
3p: Healing Done
4p: Mag Regen
5p: When heavy attacking a taunted enemy with healing staff equipped, you restore 530 magicka and stamina per tick to up to 12 allies around you.
When heavy attacking an untaunted enemy, you taunt the enemy and increase your armor by 2450 for 5 seconds but then reduce your armor by 2450 instead if the enemy remains taunted on you.

I bet my a--- that people have better ideas themselves for sets that arent procs... wont ruin PvP but wont be boring in PvE.

Lets bring ideas to the table... not just negations. Bring it!
I can't do this anymore. Every small ... petit change that went against any semblance of sense has snowballed into an avalanche of (Penn & Teller:) Bulls...!

Gods, bless me with patience.
  • Attackopsn
    Attackopsn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would totally support these kinds of changes and this kind of direction, it’s sad when I see certain sets with really intelligent 5 pieces and then ones like many of the monster sets that just provide free damage
    ign: ATTACKO
    PS4 NA
    First NA Completion of VMoL Hard Mode

• Atherakhia
    Atherakhia
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is easy.

Look at the boring, thoughtless, totally unfun magicka sets. And then make them stamina. Then delete all stamina sets.
  • JohnOfMarkarth
    JohnOfMarkarth
    ✭✭✭
    Atherakhia wrote: »
    This is easy.

Look at the boring, thoughtless, totally unfun magicka sets. And then make them stamina. Then delete all stamina sets.

Im sorry brother... but while I, myself am quite the cynic... cynicism doesnt help us anywhere really
    I can't do this anymore. Every small ... petit change that went against any semblance of sense has snowballed into an avalanche of (Penn & Teller:) Bulls...!

• Atherakhia
    Atherakhia
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is easy.

Im sorry brother... but while I, myself am quite the cynic... cynicism doesnt help us anywhere really

What's sad is you think I'm kidding.

Aside from very few damaging proc sets given to mag, the vast majority of them do nothing but provide stats. If you don't want burst proc sets, the alternative is stat sets. ZOS has given mag almost nothing but boring, thoughtless, and unfun stat sets patch after patch after patch. This patch is no different. Look at the garbage they're giving mag compared to the stam burst proc sets.

This is literally Elder Stamina Online where the absolute worst stam class is still miles ahead of half the mag classes and no where near the worst mag class. Even the strongest burst proc sets for mag are inferior in nearly every way to stam versions.

Want to remove the proc meta? Look to the boring, thoughtless, unfun magicka sets for inspiration.
  • JohnOfMarkarth
    JohnOfMarkarth
    ✭✭✭
    This is easy.

What's sad is you think I'm kidding.

Aside from very few damaging proc sets given to mag, the vast majority of them do nothing but provide stats. If you don't want burst proc sets, the alternative is stat sets. ZOS has given mag almost nothing but boring, thoughtless, and unfun stat sets patch after patch after patch. This patch is no different. Look at the garbage they're giving mag compared to the stam burst proc sets.

This is literally Elder Stamina Online where the absolute worst stam class is still miles ahead of half the mag classes and no where near the worst mag class. Even the strongest burst proc sets for mag are inferior in nearly every way to stam versions.

Want to remove the proc meta? Look to the boring, thoughtless, unfun magicka sets for inspiration.

Which truly helps... doesnt it. Makes the game better. You werent kidding but you were cynical still. Its not like you cant be honest but cynical at the same time... Which doesnt help here does it. Not really.

• Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Retain Your Sanity

Craftable (requires 2 traits)

2P: Increase health
    3P: Increase whichever is higher Magicka or stamina
    4P: Increase weapon and spell damage
    5P: You are permanently immune to any negative effect caused by gear sets worn by enemies.
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is not a problem of lack of ideas, they want procs to be effective.

Until they come clear and recognize that they see the proc situation as a problem and show signs that they want to improve it, is a waste of time to suggesting things, is speaking to deaf ears.
    Edited by ManDraKE on October 2, 2020 6:47PM
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    Is no a problem of lack of ideas, they want procs to be effective.

Until they come clear and recognize that they see the proc situation as a problem and show signs that they want to improve it, is a waste of time to suggesting things, is speaking to deaf ears.

Sadly it looks like procs is the direction the team wants to take the game.
    It helps them empower new/bad players in a way they couldn't otherwise and allows them to create endless new sets without much effort.
    I for one wouldn't mind procsets if they made them an extension to our skills and so they would scale with the same stats as skills.
    There are already examples of this like Thews of Harbinger.
    As long as procsets have a set base value, they will always struggle to find a balance between them being useless or grossly over performing.
  • Astrid
    Astrid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    Is no a problem of lack of ideas, they want procs to be effective.

Sadly it looks like procs is the direction the team wants to take the game.
    It helps them empower new/bad players in a way they couldn't otherwise and allows them to create endless new sets without much effort.
    I for one wouldn't mind procsets if they made them an extension to our skills and so they would scale with the same stats as skills.
    There are already examples of this like Thews of Harbinger.
    As long as procsets have a set base value, they will always struggle to find a balance between them being useless or grossly over performing.

It’s a double edged sword however, as those really good players are also wearing proc sets and melting the newer players regardless. I agree though, i’m happy for proc sets to be an optional thing if you’d like to run them in your build but I do think they should have to be specced for to be effective. Not just all points into health to become a walking brick wall with 2 damage sets and a monster helm wreaking havoc for you.
  • MincVinyl
    MincVinyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait I got an idea that is totally game breaking and innovative, the players will love this one.

What if the 5 piece bonus.....

had a stacking mechanic.....

and every time a player light attacks.....

the enemy gains a stack, and when at some random stack number that nobody will be able to keep track of while fighting.....

the enemy gets hit by 20k magic damage that is non telegraphed and the animation is hidden by all the other genius set animations we designed.
    Wow truly never thought of before game mechanics right here, this one will be a hit. I'm sure the servers can handle it, even so, this is what the players want most. Now to think of more to meet the patch quota to appease the masses.

Ooooh what about.....

a stam version......

thats also an aoe.........

and roots.......
  • BangX
    BangX
    ✭✭✭
    Assassin's fury (Medium Armour)
    2pc: 125 weapon damage
    3pc: 1400 penetration
    4pc: 1090 max stamina
    5pc: increase weapon damage by 25% while in stealth but increase cost of sneak by 40%

Knight's Vow (Heavy Armour)
    2pc 1090 max stamina
    3pc 1090 max stamina
    4pc 2000 max health
    5pc: When you deal damage with a light or heavy attack, you gain a stack of power, after 10 stacks, your equipped weapon transforms into a golden blade for 15 seconds, increasing your weapon damage by 500 and max stamina by 5000. You cannot switch weapons when this effect is active, 20 sec cooldown.

• Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wyrdroots Curse

2P: Max Stamina
    3P: Max Stamina
    4P: Stamina Recovery
    5P: While charging a heavy attack, roots spread beneath you, immobilizing you and all targets (friendly or enemy) within 5 meters for the duration of the attack. Successfully landing a fully charged heavy attack sends the roots bursting beneath the target, dealing 500 dmg per each target initially immobilized, max 2500 dmg. Medium attacks and roll dodging cancel this effect, releasing immobilized targets.

Wind Rider

2P: Magicka Recovery
    3P: Stamina Recovery
    4P: Weapon & Spell DMG
    5P: When you deal dmg with a light attack, you gain a stack of Swift Wind for 2 seconds. Each stack increases your attack speed by 7%, max 10 stacks. At max stacks you gain Major Expedition. Using an ability removes 5 stacks.

Healers Sacrifice

2P: Max Health
    3P: Health Recovery
    4P: Health Recovery
    5P: When you successfully heal a target, the target gains a stack of Sacrificial Blood for 3 seconds, max 5 stacks. Each stack of Sacrificial Blood heals the target for 120HP/second, but deals 60DMG/second to you. A maximum of 3 targets can gain stacks. Dealing dmg with a heavy attack removes all stacks, and heals you for 120HP per stack removed.

Empathic Devotion

2P: Max Magicka
    3P: Magicka Recovery
    4P: Spell Dmg
    5P: When you successfully heal a target, the target gains a stack of empathy for 5 seconds, max 5 stacks. Each stack of Empathy reduces the amount of dmg the target receives, but increases the amount of dmg you receive by 5%. Only one target can gain stacks at a time.

Hagravens Thicket

2P: Offensive Critical
    3P: Offensive Penetration
    4P: Weapon & Spell Damage
    5P: When charging a heavy attack, a 3.5 meter thicket grows and surrounds you, preventing anyone (friendly or enemy) from entering, or leaving if caught inside, after 1 second. Successfully landing a heavy attacks knocks back all enemies caught within the thicket by 3 meters. This effect can occur once every 5 seconds.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Drops in Heavy, Light and Medium

Merciless Onslaught

2P: Weapon and Spell Damage
    3P: Magicka and Stamina
    4P: Offensive Critical
    5P: Increase damage to players by 25%

Impregnable Defense

2P: Weapon and Spell Damage
    3P: Magicka and Stamina
    4P: Offensive Critical
    5P: Decrease damage from players by 25%

Make them drop in light, medium, and heavy. Nobody will wear anything else, and the "Proc Meta" will be gone.
    Playing since beta...
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Troll Slayer Set:

2 piece: 150 weapon and spell crit
    3 piece: 500 weapon and spell damage
    4 piece: Troll players now do zero damage to you, damage reduced 75% from troll type enemies in the overworld, bonus 250% damage to all trolling players in PVP.
    5 piece: Your power against trolls is now so powerful it extends beyond Tamriel to the forums, where people trolling you or twisting your words recieve an instant ban for all eternity. Bonus 500% likes for all posts that point out how childish trolling and harrassment is.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brawlers Gear:

2: Offencive Penetration
    3: Stamina and Magicka regeneration
    4: Weapon and Spell damage
    5: Max Health. Gain Minor berserk and Minor Vitality at all times.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Duelist's Sacrifice

2 Spell/Weapon Damage
    3 Critical
    4 Magicka/Stamina
    5 AoE damage -10%, Single Target Damage +20%

EDIT: Would be better as a mythic item tbh.
    EDIT2: I personally don't struggle with people wearing proc sets nor do I wear them personally.
    Edited by Jodynn on October 5, 2020 2:09PM
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Burning Rage

2 Spell damage
    3 Spell damage
    4 Spell damage
    5 450 Spell damage against a burning target
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragonknight's Attrition

2 Weapon/Spell Damage
    3 Weapon/Spell Critical
    4 Stamina/Magicka
    5 Weapon/Spell Damage extra bonus
    5 Each class DoT you place on an enemy is unpurgeable
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
  • AhSeLYaG
    AhSeLYaG
    ✭✭✭
    1- none
    2- none
    3- none
    4-none
    5- allows you use of blade of woe in pvp
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AhSeLYaG wrote: »
    1- none
    2- none
    3- none
    4-none

As long as it only worked with sneaking at not cloak, that'd be fine with me.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
  • Xiomaro
    Xiomaro
    ✭✭✭
    I've mentioned this elsewhere but I would love to see more sets like the arena sets that change the functionality of some weapon skills.

For example, a set of gear that turns Sorcerer's new Crystal Weapon ability into a damage-over-time. Or turns Magblade's Merciless Resolve into a delayed damage ability to give Magblades their desperately needed burst combo.

Any change would be a side-grade to their regular versions, almost like a 3rd morph. Not inherently better than their regular version but allow for a different playstyle if you choose. So you could also include weapon/spell damage on the 5 piece bonus.

Although the sets would of course only affect a single class, it gives the devs a huge number of possibilities to work with for future sets without resorting to procs.
    PC EU No CP PVP
    Xiomaro: Nord Stamsorc
    Xio'maro: Breton Magsorc
    Falura Avelni: Dunmer Vampblade
    Ulric Longboi: Nord Stamden
    Sha'boom-boom: Orc Werewolf Tank
    Morga The Roarer Nord Stamcro
  • AhSeLYaG
    AhSeLYaG
    ✭✭✭
    Jodynn wrote: »
    AhSeLYaG wrote: »
    1- none
    2- none
    3- none
    4-none

As long as it only worked with sneaking at not cloak, that'd be fine with me.

Then 5- allows you use of blade of woe in pvp in a 40 meter radius 😂

• Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xiomaro wrote: »
    I've mentioned this elsewhere but I would love to see more sets like the arena sets that change the functionality of some weapon skills.

For example, a set of gear that turns Sorcerer's new Crystal Weapon ability into a damage-over-time. Or turns Magblade's Merciless Resolve into a delayed damage ability to give Magblades their desperately needed burst combo.

Any change would be a side-grade to their regular versions, almost like a 3rd morph. Not inherently better than their regular version but allow for a different playstyle if you choose. So you could also include weapon/spell damage on the 5 piece bonus.

Although the sets would of course only affect a single class, it gives the devs a huge number of possibilities to work with for future sets without resorting to procs.

Nice idea, but honestly they should just come out with another morph for skills.

But arena set for classes sound fun...

Whip doing an AoE explosion... sounds... spicy.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
  • Xiomaro
    Xiomaro
    ✭✭✭
    Jodynn wrote: »
    Xiomaro wrote: »

Nice idea, but honestly they should just come out with another morph for skills.

But arena set for classes sound fun...

Whip doing an AoE explosion... sounds... spicy.

An AOE whip was another idea I had in mind actually! It would maybe increase the cost to compensate. Again, it allows mDKs to play a style they don't currently have access to within their own kit.
    PC EU No CP PVP
    Xiomaro: Nord Stamsorc
    Xio'maro: Breton Magsorc
    Falura Avelni: Dunmer Vampblade
    Ulric Longboi: Nord Stamden
    Sha'boom-boom: Orc Werewolf Tank
    Morga The Roarer Nord Stamcro
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    New mythic- [snip] Malacath

Immune to proc damage. Take an extra 15% critical damage.

[Edited for Censor Bypass]
    Edited by Psiion on October 8, 2020 3:23AM
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Atherakhia
    Atherakhia
    ✭✭✭✭
    The reverse also holds true... if you want to make good non-proc sets, you need only look at the stamina sets and make mag versions (since obviously, this is Elder Stamina Online, and stamina get the best of both worlds; proc and non-proc).

Essence Thief, for mag.
    Powerful Assault, for mag.
    Deadwater Guile, but for mag.
    Briarheart, but for mag.
    Witch-Knight Defiant, but for mag.

While most of these are still 'proc' sets. I get the impression no one cares so long as the proc doesn't 1 shot you.
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5pc: when some condition is met, reflect all proc damage for 5 seconds.

Proc meta over
  • Amarthiul
    Amarthiul
    ✭✭✭
    12pc: When in Cyrodiil, your abilities go off when you activate them.

Would 100% wear this set.
  • SgtNuttzmeg
    SgtNuttzmeg
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jesus, ngl most of these set ideas are lowkey are far worse than Mala.
    Legions of Mordor Core

Cold0neFTBs
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nah we've already offered alternative solutions. Not only were the issues ignored, but were further exacerbated by ZOS.
    Edited by Strider__Roshin on October 5, 2020 4:11PM