The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

New Sub assault skill

Hotdog_23
Hotdog_23
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Console so no PTS, don’t know why ZOS does not allow it as some game do on console do have a PTS. Sure you have to download a 2nd copy of the game but it is worth it in order to take part in the PTS and not be a spectator only.

Anyway, from watching videos does it does not seem like there is any visual que for the 2nd cast? So, an opponent will have no idea a burst is loaded waiting to happen. Seem to be a big disadvantage for the opponent and advantage for the warden. Plus is the 2nd cast free?

Thanks, be safe and have fun
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From reading pts players, second cast is free
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • scottii
    scottii
    ✭✭✭
    count three seconds?
    Praying the Daedric Gods will make Cyrodiil great again.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    scottii wrote: »
    count three seconds?

Problem is if you didn't see the first cast then you have no idea it's coming.
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »
    scottii wrote: »
    count three seconds?

Problem is if you didn't see the first cast then you have no idea it's coming.

Eh it goes off every 3 secs, the likelihood that you'd see the first one is pretty good.
  • KingShocker
    KingShocker
    ✭✭✭
    still, that means you have to try and stay behind the warden for 6 seconds while they can get a free gcd that could be a defensive skill or offensive skill depending on how the fight is going. This will be incredibly over tuned if it goes live. The winning team in BG's will automatically be whichever side has the most wardens.

I got 3 wardens so I'll easily just hop on the FOTM train like everyone else. Just wanted to make this post so I could say "I told you so" later.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did you miss the part where it no longer provides Fracture?

Sure, they might get an extra GCD but their entire combo is nerfed without the extra Penetration.
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    is the fracture part really that important? since you burst it with another skill does the breach effect even counts there? talking for pvp ofc.
  • JSlayer211
    JSlayer211
    ✭✭✭
    Losing the pen seems a huge nerf to me. However, there are other ways to get breach. The free gcd is nice but I do feel it should still show the animation of the cast ring. This well help everyone involved in the fight honestly.
  • karios525
    karios525
    ✭✭✭
    Major breach which we get from the base skill also applies major fracture as they gave been merged into breach so you aren't losing the pen
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭
    karios525 wrote: »
    Major breach which we get from the base skill also applies major fracture as they gave been merged into breach so you aren't losing the pen

But the base skill is a magicka skill and the morphs into either a mag spell with breach or a stam skill with the 2nd cast. So Stamdens are indeed losing their source of major fracture, that said pierce armor will give 9k total penetration (major + minor breach) for a low cost; well worth the slot.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vizirith wrote: »

But the base skill is a magicka skill and the morphs into either a mag spell with breach or a stam skill with the 2nd cast. So Stamdens are indeed losing their source of major fracture, that said pierce armor will give 9k total penetration (major + minor breach) for a low cost; well worth the slot.

Really hard Not to run SnB.... On any build with that ability
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Console so no PTS, don’t know why ZOS does not allow it as some game do on console do have a PTS. Sure you have to download a 2nd copy of the game but it is worth it in order to take part in the PTS and not be a spectator only.

ZOS PTS cycles are usually 4-5 weeks with an update every week. From what I've heard, console companies like Sony and Microsoft have to approve any larger patch changes to the game client which can take up to 2 weeks to finish (some types of hotfixes seem to avoid this).

This 2 week buffer for PTS changes would just increase ZOS's workload, while failing to gain relevant information for the PTS version players are using. You'd potentially get feedback for something that they already patched out 2 weeks earlier for PC.

The other option would be to hold back PC 2 weeks to match console, but they've avoided that thus far with DLC content releases, why penalize 1 group over the other when PC is suppose to be the free platform. Console players should know what they signed up for. Console players are also less likely to provide meaningful feedback, given the fact that they're not playing with a keyboard and mouse and must rely on on-screen keyboards, the general audience does not use 3rd party peripherals to circumvent this problem or visit forums at all.

Result would be a very small minority of console players that provide feedback, just to stagger patch cycles and increase workload. Doesn't seem worth it to me, until Sony and Microsoft change their apparent status quo on the matter, I'd hold my breath for a console PTS client.
    Anyway, from watching videos does it does not seem like there is any visual que for the 2nd cast? So, an opponent will have no idea a burst is loaded waiting to happen. Seem to be a big disadvantage for the opponent and advantage for the warden. Plus is the 2nd cast free?

Thanks, be safe and have fun

Seems to be a bug or oversight to me, does not look or feel nice to use. Not only does it take away some of the "counter" balance to the skill for your oposing enemy, it also makes rotations much clunkier. Instead of relying on some sort of visual queue to know when you can cast your next ability, line up burst or recast Scorch, you're forced to count in your head. This is just poor game design if it's intentional.

It hurts both parties, the caster and the receiver. There is no real benefit, everything from visual design to balance and function falls flat because there is no second animation for the second cast.

Give it till tomorrow or the week after and I guarantee it will be there, it's not hitting live like that.

Edited by MashmalloMan on October 4, 2020 7:33PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In pve the change is not bad if doing group content. It slightly improved sustain and dps. It sucks for solo coz no more fracture.
  • karios525
    karios525
    ✭✭✭
    Wrong base skill gives major breach which gives both physical and mag pen now which you still keep regardless of morph as i understand it so pen isn't lost or that is how developers intend it to be
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wrong base skill gives major breach which gives both physical and mag pen now which you still keep regardless of morph as i understand it so pen isn't lost or that is how developers intend it to be

You know the PTS has been on for now 2 weeks and everyone (at least from PC) can literally go in and check it out. There is no place for "as i understand it" this isnt post patch notes pre server open time anymore...
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kurat wrote: »
    In pve the change is not bad if doing group content. It slightly improved sustain and dps. It sucks for solo coz no more fracture.

Can we get a screenshot from PTS when it's back up so we can resolve wether or not SA still givespen?
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Can we get a screenshot from PTS when it's back up so we can resolve wether or not SA still givespen?

Theres nothing to resolve. Misinformed players who haven't been to the pts to test something or lack basic reading comprehesion skills should stop spreading misinformation like "Wrong, but I don't actually know." It's literally written in the patch notes.
    Scorch
    • Subterranean Assault (morph):
      • This morph no longer applies Fracture, as Deep Fissure now affects all Armor.
      • This ability now recasts itself after completing, once per cast.

Scorch, the base skill, does not have Major Breach or Fracture, those come from the specific morphs on live.

Deep Fissure adds Major Breach. (Now includes Physical Penetration)

Subterranean Assault adds a free second cast. (Used to provide Major Fracture)
    Edited by MashmalloMan on October 5, 2020 2:07PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Theres nothing to resolve. Misinformed players who haven't been to the pts to test something or lack basic reading comprehesion skills should stop spreading misinformation like "Wrong, but I don't actually know." It's literally written in the patch notes.
    Scorch
    • Subterranean Assault (morph):
      • This morph no longer applies Fracture, as Deep Fissure now affects all Armor.
      • This ability now recasts itself after completing, once per cast.

Scorch, the base skill, does not have Major Breach or Fracture, those come from the specific morphs on live.

Deep Fissure adds Major Breach. (Now includes Physical Penetration)

Subterranean Assault adds a free second cast. (Used to provide Major Fracture)

I think that is the most reasonable interpretation, but it's not 100% clear, that's why some folks are confused. A screenshot would resolve all confusion.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”