The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Suggestion] Crown Crate Variety Crates

hexentb16_ESO
hexentb16_ESO
✭✭✭✭
I think it would be super cool if there were crown crates available that had a chance to contain all the crown gem items of a specific theme that are normally available in other crates. I don't mean the arbitrary theme ZOS assigns to crates, like the Nightfall crates.

What I'd like is something like this...

Costume Party Crates
A crate with a variety of costumes, hats, and outfit styles from other crown crates. The costumes, hats, and styles that one could find in these crates would be ones that you could imagine people wearing to a Halloween party.
The Toxin Doctor outfit style for example.

Or...

Large Furnishings Crates
Crates that have a chance to contain large home furnishing items from other crates.

Or...

Crazy Cat Lady Crates
Just crown crates that have a chance to contain any house cat from any other crown crates.

...maybe don't add that last one. I collect house cats in ESO and will probably max my credit card.

Anyways, the reason I think these kinds of crates should be added is because it is REALLY annoying for us dedicated players to have to wait a full year or more for one thing we decided we want. If you added these kinds of crates ZOS we could give you more money sooner. Plus it would be a better alternative to the boring crates you guys put up for a while sometimes when there's nothing new.

Oh and if you start introducing these kinds of crates to the crown store please do a poll allowing us to choose which theme...and cycle themes in and out of the poll so we cant vote the same theme again before 2-4 months have passed.
Edited by hexentb16_ESO on September 30, 2020 10:47PM
  • Langdon64
    Langdon64
    ✭✭✭✭
    This whole game is about waiting. Waiting on Research, waiting on Riding Training, waiting for crate seasons and houses...it's how they keep people subbed and playing. I don't expect any changes.
  • Shadowspawn42
    Shadowspawn42
    ✭✭✭
    I’d like one that is just all mounts and pets, but probably they wouldn’t do it because those things are worth too much. It is a fun idea though
  • hexentb16_ESO
    hexentb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Langdon64 wrote: »
    This whole game is about waiting. Waiting on Research, waiting on Riding Training, waiting for crate seasons and houses...it's how they keep people subbed and playing. I don't expect any changes.

Unfortunately I agree. Its a shame ZOS never realized that the waiting has never been what keeps us playing ESO.
  • Shadowspawn42
    Shadowspawn42
    ✭✭✭
    I mean, there’s nothing wrong with waiting a while for crates to come back, but it gets pretty aggravating when you have no idea IF they’ll be back
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe some kind of all-star crate withthe most popular item from previous crate (with their assorted potion and poison)
    The 3 most popular radiant
    The 6 most popular apex
    Etc

Popularity coud partially be mesured by crown gem purchase for non radiant item
  • JimT722
    JimT722
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not just stop buying crates. If people stopped gambling for stuff in games they would be in the store for direct purchase. The reason they exist is some people will pay thousands of dollars to try to get something with an incredibly slim chance of actually obtaining.
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I say let's NOT give them reasons to keep doing lootboxes.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • hexentb16_ESO
    hexentb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    JimT722 wrote: »
    Why not just stop buying crates. If people stopped gambling for stuff in games they would be in the store for direct purchase. The reason they exist is some people will pay thousands of dollars to try to get something with an incredibly slim chance of actually obtaining.

I agree with you but I doubt the whales will ever stop wasting their money.
    Marginis wrote: »
    I say let's NOT give them reasons to keep doing lootboxes.

I mean...ya...but since the whales will never stop wastint their money ZOS will keep pumping out the gambling boxes. At least these variety boxes would improve the situation a little.