The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Do you think races need to be re-balanced?

• Wuerstal
    Wuerstal
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    It's funny to me that Argonians are so bad that they don't even get mentioned by anyone here because they are so far gone from the rest.

Passive 1:
    Increases your Max Magicka by 1000.
    Whenever you drink a potion you restore 4000 Health, Magicka, and Stamina.

Thats the ONLY passive of argonians that is ok in my oppinion.

Passive 2:
    Gain Immunity to the diseased status effect.
    Increases Max Health by 1000 and Poison and Disease Resistance by 2310

While ok in PvP it just doesn't really make the cut compared to other passives. Compare this to breton for example:

Increases Spell Resistance by 2310 and 100 Magicka Recovery
    The Spell Resistance granted by this effect will be doubled if you are afflicted with Burning, Chilled, or Concussed.

Instead of just resistance to disease you get the same amount for spell Resistance. (way more usesage). On top of 100 mag regen, that I will for simplicity sake cancel out with the 1000 health of argonians. But these bonuses even get higher under some circumstances. So there is no way that this is compareable to the argonian passive.

Passive 3: (The one that needs to change a lot)
    Increases your healing done by 6%

This is completely useless. Healling is already insanely high in the game. A increase of 6% is just not noticeable. Besides, if you choose altmer or dunmer for your healer you also get higher healing. Because healing is bound to spell/weapon damage. So you are effectively giving argonians the tini tiniest boost for healing while cutting off like 5% dps compared to altmer/dunmer.

In my opinion they'd have to get rid of the passives that grant 258 weapon/spell damage. Or give argonians (and other races that do not have a good compensation for that) the same bonus. 258 spell/weapon damage is almost a 5-piece set bonus (julianos/hundings). 6% more healing done is 2% better than the second set bonus of "naga shaman"

(2 items) Adds 4% Healing Taken
    (3 items) Adds 4% Healing Done
    (4 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    (5 items) When you cast a damage shield ability, you gain Minor Mending and Minor Vitality for 6 seconds, increasing your healing done and healing received by 8%. This effect can occur once every 6 seconds.

So you have:
    A slightly better version of a bonus that is slapped on the second slot of some bad sets. VS. A bit weaker version of a bonus that is found on the 5-piece bonus of sets that are considered really good for beginners.

OR if you want to look at it on from the other way around:
    A usual bonus for 2-4-piece bonuses is: 129 weapon/spelldamage. 258 is double that. So you get 2-setbonuses with Alter/dunmer/etc. compared to 1.5-setbonuses with argonian.

I could argue further that healing done is a far worse bonus than spell/weapon dmg. but I already cut into this a bit before.
    I don't think I have to go any further with this...
  • thegreatme
    thegreatme
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Marginis wrote: »
    I found a way to make it relevant. Those complaining about their Bosmer or previously overpowered Nords should do the same.

Bosmer are the only race -- literally the only race who have a racial passive that is completely exclusive to PvP. And even detrimental to PvP in most cases at that. There are 3 entire threads that were dedicated to talking about just this and one of them was almost 100 pages long before it got locked.

There's a pretty big difference between "stop complaining that they built your race with flexibility to go with a mag build or a stam build and you chose one over the other"
    and
    "stop complaining that they built your race with something that at best has no use whatsoever (ZoS even stated flat out stealth detection is pointless in PvE because NPCs don't hide) and at worst damages how you play regardless of if your build is mag or stam (alerting PvP enemies you've seen them while you are unaware they are "detected" already)".

You're trying to compare apples and potatoes here.
    Join my Nocturnal-devoted Mercenary Reach guild! https://esokrakeclan.weebly.com/
    My Artstation | Deviantart | Youtube | Furaffinity

Thank You ZoS!:
    ◙ Blackfeather Court banker/merchant
    ◙ Gloam Indrik
    ◙ Re-release Gloam Wolf Mount

Let's See It Happen ZoS:
    ◙ /honorloop emote
    ◙ cross-legged sitting emote
    ◙ Evergloam house
    ◙ Hagraven Polymorph
    ◙ Hagraven Houseguest
  • buttaface
    buttaface
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No. Small down tweak to Orc, small up tweak to Bosmer, Khajiit, Argonian, rest are fine and no massive racial overhaul is remotely warranted IMO. Do people never get tired of the endless massive swings and seesaws in this game without asking for more of them at every opportunity?
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    buttaface wrote: »
    No. Small down tweak to Orc, small up tweak to Bosmer, Khajiit, Argonian, rest are fine and no massive racial overhaul is remotely warranted IMO. Do people never get tired of the endless massive swings and seesaws in this game without asking for more of them at every opportunity?

Add Redguard to that list of races that need tweaking, and tbh, the massive swings and seesaws are what makes the game interesting. Now some seesaws I disagree with like the proc meta that we have, but changes are nessesary.
  • MudcrabAttack
    MudcrabAttack
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    6.1.5:

New Moon Acolyte: Reduced the Weapon and Spell Damage granted from this set’s 5 piece bonus to 401, down from 481. This was done to make up for the fact that the resource cost increase penalty can be easily alleviated in group settings by having allies supply you with sets or synergies.

Here they acknowledge regen is easy to come by in optimized group settings

U28 Combat Preview & Developer Update:

.... This was also combined with the overall goals to increase sustain, decrease damage done, and increase damage taken. Players with builds that aren’t 100% optimized will see an increase in power

Here they acknowledge that they basically just want orcs everywhere
    Edited by MudcrabAttack on October 13, 2020 3:02AM
  • MellowMagic
    MellowMagic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Imperials need a buff, the cost reduction should be 5% or the sustain passive should be 500/5 seconds. That or 125 weapon and spell damage (half of altmer, dunmer, orc's bonus) no one plays imperials, they're forced into a tanking role that nords are better at.
    PC / NA @MellowMagic
    Imperial named with some sort of variation of "Deo"
    By the Divines...
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Imperials need a buff, the cost reduction should be 5% or the sustain passive should be 500/5 seconds. That or 125 weapon and spell damage (half of altmer, dunmer, orc's bonus) no one plays imperials, they're forced into a tanking role that nords are better at.

True.

The only races that are always reliable are max mag/stam, max wep/sp damage. Everything else is niche. So Altmer, Dunmer, Orc.
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I want to be a Khajiit but won't because it does terrible damage compared to other races.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Jodynn wrote: »
    I want to be a Khajiit but won't because it does terrible damage compared to other races.

Damage isn't that big unless you're orc. Guess you just want meta damage over looks?
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
    Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Racials should come from a revamped cp system...a magic trained Orc would be great.
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Ryuvain wrote: »

Damage isn't that big unless you're orc. Guess you just want meta damage over looks?

I don't like feeling handicapped and having half baked parses.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Ryuvain wrote: »

I don't like feeling handicapped and having half baked parses.

Sadly understandable.
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
    Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Finedaible wrote: »
    No, Overall I do not think they need to be rebalanced, except for Orc which is too Overloaded for stamina specs especially with the Proc set and Malacath meta we have now.

Guess we’re nerfing Breton for the same reasons then, proc sets and Malacath?
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions