The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Give max CP to everyone in Cyrodiil

Renegader
Renegader
✭✭✭
So heres the thing,

when i see a cp 100 or something similar i feel kinda bad, since they probably just wants to try a little pvp, but then they get blasted in 2 shots and (almost) always targeted first (for example by me, if i see a low cp in a group)

I KNOW CP DONT CARRY, it does not, and these players will not be any better even if they had 100 cp OVER the cap. but tbf, CP is in fact just free flat boosts, and personally i would love it if everyone had this small equal playing field. (NO, i dont like noCP cyro, due to the HEAVY and INSANE proc meta, and BAD SUSTAIN. please dont write "just play no cp" I dont like it, i have tried. And i am max cp myself, so this is not for me, this is for newer players. What i like from the no CP is the idea to give everyone the same base to start with.

giving everyone artificial 810 champion points while in a CP campaign can be a nice addition to newer players. and maybe this would even encourage more players below 810 to try cyrodiil, knowing they wont have an "unfair" disadvantage whilst having DECENT SUSTAIN (again, no ty to no CP)

think this would be a welcomed change to some of the newer players

Just my two cents
  • Aleinzzs
    Aleinzzs
    ✭✭✭
    Nah. That's what bgs and non cp are for. If anything increase the cp exp gain, especially if they wanna increase the cap.

These players made the choice to go into cp pvp. If anything Zos should have a lil disclaimer for cp pvp stating that if you're under 810 you might not be as strong
  • Attackopsn
    Attackopsn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While it’s definitely true that they get blasted instantly almost every time, and that there is a tangible difference between 160 and 810, I really think that’s just part of an mmo, this game isn’t really a competitive platform to begin with and as unintuitive as free stats from champion points can be I think it’s just proper to the culture of mmo pvp.

I do however think no cp pvp would easily fit the solution you want if the majorly insane, out of this world high health proc set meta wasn’t the current way to play for most sub average players and dueling set ups.
    Edited by Attackopsn on September 30, 2020 4:02PM
    ign: ATTACKO
    PS4 NA
    First NA Completion of VMoL Hard Mode

• josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats why they have the no CP campaign
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So heres the thing,

when i see a cp 100 or something similar i feel kinda bad, since they probably just wants to try a little pvp, but then they get blasted in 2 shots and (almost) always targeted first (for example by me, if i see a low cp in a group)

I KNOW CP DONT CARRY, it does not, and these players will not be any better even if they had 100 cp OVER the cap. but tbf, CP is in fact just free flat boosts, and personally i would love it if everyone had this small equal playing field. (NO, i dont like noCP cyro, due to the HEAVY and INSANE proc meta, and BAD SUSTAIN. please dont write "just play no cp" I dont like it, i have tried. And i am max cp myself, so this is not for me, this is for newer players. What i like from the no CP is the idea to give everyone the same base to start with.

giving everyone artificial 810 champion points while in a CP campaign can be a nice addition to newer players. and maybe this would even encourage more players below 810 to try cyrodiil, knowing they wont have an "unfair" disadvantage whilst having DECENT SUSTAIN (again, no ty to no CP)

Just my two cents

Might the better solution be to just improve No CP PvP so it's not quite so "insane" and unwelcoming to new players?

• x48rph
    x48rph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's bad enough they made most content into a horizontal progression where level doesn't really matter much and you can breeze through just as easily as a newbie as you can being a vet. Just giving cp away would further degrade the feeling of accomplishment and reward for playing the game, even if it is just for a pvp campaign
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No CP is almost more brutal for these new players, though, where gold gear and experience go much further.
  • Recapitated
    Recapitated
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it's great that in ESO experience tends to pay off more than raw grinding time. Personally I've never cared about getting XP unless I was ranking up a skill or line and wouldn't mind if my opponents were on a level playing field with me.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only reason I'd go to CP PvP is for the Alliance Lock.
    The Moot Councillor
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As others have said, there is NoCP for a reason. Also Cyrodiil's design has always been intended as more of an endgame experience.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just use the NoCP option

or earn 840...
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeremy wrote: »
    So heres the thing,

Just my two cents

Might the better solution be to just improve No CP PvP so it's not quite so "insane" and unwelcoming to new players?

With current state of proc sets I would say no CP PvP is very welcoming for new players.